Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs about to lose Tolbert « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 16, 2012, 06:31:00 AM

Maybe Dom doesn't believe in signing RB's with beer bellies ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : March 16, 2012, 06:33:00 AM

He's not even close to Sproles.   Who cares about Tolbert?   Hillis was the one to go after.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 16, 2012, 07:47:21 AM

I am shocked that we haven't targeted a RB. Of course we will draft one, but Blount and a rookie just isn't good enough. Without three solid backs we are setting ourselves up once again for failure. We'll be calling up Lumpkin again mid season when we have an injury.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 16, 2012, 07:54:52 AM

I am shocked that we haven't targeted a RB. Of course we will draft one, but Blount and a rookie just isn't good enough. Without three solid backs we are setting ourselves up once again for failure. We'll be calling up Lumpkin again mid season when we have an injury.

We will sign someone at bargain basement prices after this 1st wave is officially over.

Someone on the 2nd tier like Green-Ellis or Ryan Grant. I'd actually like to see Kevin Smith. He's injury prone as hell , but he's a local guy from UCF and he's great when healthy. WHy not , give him a shot.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

jandjen

Starter
#19 : March 16, 2012, 08:03:11 AM

Still think we need a FB that can blast holes.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 16, 2012, 08:14:01 AM

I know I am prob in the minority on this one but I think we may see something out of Madu this season. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 16, 2012, 08:16:45 AM

I really don't want to base our season on Madu. We need at least one solid veteran RB.

Draft Aaron Donald

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 16, 2012, 08:25:10 AM

I really don't want to base our season on Madu. We need at least one solid veteran RB.

Oh I agree don't get me wrong.  just curious to see Madu under this new regime in a 3rd down role.  Ideally I would like a guy like Michael Bush in here to show Blount the ropes and really craft him into the complete back he has the potential to be.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 16, 2012, 08:29:39 AM

Tolbert would have also provided a guy that can play FB for us so Lorig could make the switch to TE. We want to be a power running team. We need a fullback...but we missed out on McClain and Vickers, and didn't even attempt to get Tolbert. Leaves me scratching my head.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucD

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 16, 2012, 08:32:13 AM

Tim Hightower is out there too.  Another good, young bargain RB.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 16, 2012, 08:35:08 AM

We want to be a power running team. We need a fullback...but we missed out on McClain and Vickers, and didn't even attempt to get Tolbert. Leaves me scratching my head.

guys like tolbert and mcclain want to run the ball, dont they?  if we want/need a FB, lets grab a guy that just wants to bash heads.  i havent given up on lorig yet.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 16, 2012, 09:03:22 AM

I honestly wanted no part of McClain.  After hearing his interviews on Sirius last season he really came across as an ass to me.  There are still very servicable blocking FB's out there.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 16, 2012, 09:28:23 AM

I honestly wanted no part of McClain.  After hearing his interviews on Sirius last season he really came across as an ass to me.  There are still very servicable blocking FB's out there.
Why?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 16, 2012, 09:38:45 AM

Don't you have to have something to lose it?

My thought exactly. As far as I knew we weren't even testing the market on this guy.

I guess we lost out on Peyton Hillis too.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 16, 2012, 04:28:07 PM

Apparently, Tolbert is available if the Bucs want him.  By what I keep reading, I don't think the Bucs would offer anywhere near what he is seeking

The Union-Tribune San Diego reports it "doesn't look good" between the Chargers and free agent Mike Tolbert.
It appears Tolbert rebuffed the Chargers' Thursday ultimatum. If Tolbert is truly drawing interest from "at least" a dozen teams as his agent has claimed, he won't remain on the market for long.
Source: Michael Gehlken on Twitter Mar 16 - 3:42 PM
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs about to lose Tolbert « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools