Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs about to lose Tolbert « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #30 : March 16, 2012, 05:20:27 PM »

I'm sure they will sign a rb and draft one. Looks like they are just waiting for the market to settle.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #31 : March 16, 2012, 07:57:34 PM »

Tolbert isn't Sproles.

Let him go.
No, Tolbert isn't Sproles. Tolbert is 243 lbs. Sproles is 190 lbs soaking wet.

Tolbert can block. He can run with power on short yardage and goal line.

Can Sproles do that?

We are gonna have a power running game, Tolbert would be a perfect fit.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #32 : March 16, 2012, 08:02:18 PM »

Bucs need speed out of the backfield. with a RB who can catch the ball. Tolbert and Blound aren't a good duo to have - they do not complement each other. There's too much redundancy in their games.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #33 : March 16, 2012, 08:05:44 PM »

Tolbert isn't Sproles.

Let him go.
No, Tolbert isn't Sproles. Tolbert is 243 lbs. Sproles is 190 lbs soaking wet.

Tolbert can block. He can run with power on short yardage and goal line.

Can Sproles do that?

We are gonna have a power running game, Tolbert would be a perfect fit.

No , but Sproles is actually in decent enough shape that he doesn't have a beer belly. Can Tolbert do that ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #34 : March 16, 2012, 08:07:57 PM »

Bucs need speed out of the backfield. with a RB who can catch the ball. Tolbert and Blound aren't a good duo to have - they do not complement each other. There's too much redundancy in their games.
Tolbert is alot quicker than you think. He is elusive and finds a way to get open on third down to catch passes. He had 54 receptions in 2011.

He does everything Blount struggles with. Blocking, short yardage and catching.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
« #35 : March 16, 2012, 11:30:58 PM »

If we are going to be a power running team, we NEED a back that runs in a similar manner to Blount as the BU/rotational back.  The third back can be your COP back.  If we have Blount with a powerrunning game and he gets hurt and our bu rb is a fast, cop back, there goes the entire power running attack which has been our staple all off-season and all season.  We need that 2nd guy who can step into the feature back role until Blount gets back.

.....just my opinion

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #36 : March 16, 2012, 11:56:18 PM »

As far as I knew we weren't even testing the market on this guy.

I guess we lost out on Peyton Hillis too.

Key words being "as far as I knew"......

The Bucs have already been in contact with Chargers free-agent running back Mike Tolbert, a sparkplug who combined with Ryan Mathews for a potent 1-2 punch in the San Diego backfield.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/content/bucs-looking-mike-tolbert-david-carr

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #37 : March 16, 2012, 11:59:34 PM »

Who else is out there? Anybody is better than Lumpkin.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #38 : March 17, 2012, 01:15:10 AM »

Michael Bush is still out there, although he's had visits with the Bears and Bengals.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #39 : March 17, 2012, 02:44:33 AM »

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency?module=HP11_content_stream#

By Position

RB

You're welcome.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #40 : March 17, 2012, 06:35:31 AM »

Rick Stroud‏@NFLSTROUD

always a chance. Bucs did contact Tolbert at start of FA

9:28 PM - 16 Mar 12via Twitter for BlackBerry®· DetailsReply
Retweet

Favorite

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

« #41 : March 17, 2012, 08:37:22 AM »

If we are going to be a power running team, we NEED a back that runs in a similar manner to Blount as the BU/rotational back.  The third back can be your COP back.  If we have Blount with a powerrunning game and he gets hurt and our bu rb is a fast, cop back, there goes the entire power running attack which has been our staple all off-season and all season.  We need that 2nd guy who can step into the feature back role until Blount gets back.
QFT!!

If Blount gets hurt or turns out to regress even more our backup need to be able to carry the load.

I like speed backs as much as anyone but the number 2 guy cant be a smurf. Then our offense is **CENSORED**ed.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #42 : March 17, 2012, 08:56:14 AM »

Plenty of deent backs left.

Bush
Kevin Smith
Ryan Grant
Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis
Cedric Benson

...I think we'll get one of these guys for cheap once the 2nd wave of free agency begins.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucsfan79

Second String

« #43 : March 17, 2012, 11:58:45 AM »

Sign a back in FA (any of the above sound good to me) and draft Claiborne..... I want Tolbert for 3rd and 4th and short, because Blount really struggled there last year, but don't over pay!

bigbucco

Rookie

« #44 : March 17, 2012, 12:26:10 PM »

I wouldn't mind Tolbert AND Richardson. I hate when draft picks are penciled in as starters. Tolbert and Blount could be terrific together as a starting backfield, and then as T-Rich develops (hopefully quickly) I'm sure someone would trade at least a mid-round pick for Blount (who, let's not forget, came to Tampa as a free agent).
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs about to lose Tolbert « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools