Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs about to lose Tolbert « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#45 : March 17, 2012, 12:29:59 PM

This team needs some speed on offense. We have Blount who will excel behind this line but it wouldn't hurt to have a scat back that can catch and accelerate in between tackles.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#46 : March 17, 2012, 12:33:35 PM

Plenty of deent backs left.

Bush
Kevin Smith
Ryan Grant
Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis
Cedric Benson

...I think we'll get one of these guys for cheap once the 2nd wave of free agency begins.

I'd add Tim Hightower to that mix. 

I'd take out Kevin Smith.  Talented guy, but made of glass.

Lawfirm is, according to reports this morning, in contract talks with the Patriots.

Cedric Benson is a punk.  No thanks.

With the signing of Nicks and all that money tied up in the OL (especially the inside) there is no doubt that this team is going to be a team that pounds the hell out of the ball.  We have Blount and that's it.  We need a lot more than that to be THAT team.
: March 17, 2012, 12:35:48 PM MJay9000

#47 : March 17, 2012, 12:39:57 PM

Plenty of deent backs left.

Bush
Kevin Smith
Ryan Grant
Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis
Cedric Benson

...I think we'll get one of these guys for cheap once the 2nd wave of free agency begins.

Tolbert is the perfect fit for the Bucs & if he signs elsewhere I'd prefer Bush.

Not interested inSmith & Benson.

Don't know much about Grant but wouldn't mind Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#48 : March 17, 2012, 12:49:11 PM

IMO, RB is the position where you least need a "veteran". They have really short shelf lives and the learning curve is very short. Plus this is a decent and deep RB draft. Plenty of RBs can be had in the R2-R5 range. So why not just draft one or 2? I'd rather double dip and get a Doug Martin and LMJ in 2 & 3 and use FA for a position where experience and leadership in more important, like LB.

Also, why tie up money and a roster spot on a vet FA RB only to see Claiborne go #3 or 4, and no trade down options leaving us with Richardson as the clear BPA?

#49 : March 17, 2012, 12:54:50 PM

IMO, RB is the position where you least need a "veteran". They have really short shelf lives and the learning curve is very short. Plus this is a decent and deep RB draft. Plenty of RBs can be had in the R2-R5 range. So why not just draft one or 2? I'd rather double dip and get a Doug Martin and LMJ in 2 & 3 and use FA for a position where experience and leadership in more important, like LB.

Also, why tie up money and a roster spot on a vet FA RB only to see Claiborne go #3 or 4, and no trade down options leaving us with Richardson as the clear BPA?

Good point, but there's nice RB talent in rounds 2 & 3, possibly deeper.

In that scenario, I'm leaning towards Kuechly who is probably only going to be a 2-3 spot reach. If he becomes a 10 year starter for this team I think everyone will be able to live with that.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#50 : March 17, 2012, 01:17:16 PM

@gerrydulac:
Go easy on Mike Tolbert to Steelers talk. No visit. Not happening.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#51 : March 17, 2012, 02:35:05 PM

And what about Tashard Choice. If he's still available and Tolbert goes elsewhere.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#52 : March 17, 2012, 02:36:24 PM

There's tons of options. Anybody has gotta be better than Lumpkin.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#53 : March 17, 2012, 02:38:22 PM

@gerrydulac:
Go easy on Mike Tolbert to Steelers talk. No visit. Not happening.

Very interesting.....Tolbert asking price must be as inflated as Lofton's was rumored to be

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#54 : March 17, 2012, 02:57:03 PM

Tolbert is trying to get Turner money you watch.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#55 : March 17, 2012, 03:42:56 PM

Current rumor is Tolbert to the Panthers

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#56 : March 17, 2012, 03:47:44 PM

Panthers? That would be dumb. They don't need a rb at all. Go ahead and overpay though.

bigbucco

Rookie

#57 : March 17, 2012, 06:02:52 PM

Grant would be a solid No. 2 in a committee with Blount (and then hopefully a speedy 3rd-down back in the draft), but I still prefer Tolbert because he can do all that AND line up at fullback, too. Imagine Tolbert and Blount in the same backfield!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs about to lose Tolbert « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools