Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson sucks! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 17

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: March 15, 2012, 11:48:18 PM

Not really. But THIS did make me laugh:

ProFootballTalk ‏ @ProFootballTalk
Bill Polian just said on ESPN2 the Chargers didn't lose anything by losing Vincent Jackson. Wow.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 15, 2012, 11:49:18 PM

Thats why you no longer have a job Polian. Your drafting was exposed when Manning went down.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#2 : March 15, 2012, 11:49:58 PM

I think the Bucs gained more by getting V-Jax than the Chargers lost. We needed a vertical threat in the passing game, San Diego will manage with Philip Rivers.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 15, 2012, 11:51:25 PM

San Diego's done a nice job of recovery but I think Phillip Rivers will definitely feel the pain of not having V-Jax.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 15, 2012, 11:58:38 PM

Rivers was fine when Vjax was gone for 11 games. They might be fine and not have lost much when Vjax left but we did .gain a lot.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#5 : March 16, 2012, 12:00:26 AM

I might have to agree with that statement, but that doesn't mean we didnt gain anything. Thats chargers offense is crazy, everyone gets the ball, including the RBs out of the backfield. Jackson was not even the first option on that team, Gates was when he was healthy. You can really plug any WR in that system and have it work.

Thats whats exciting about having him as a number 1 target. He's going to get chances to have some of the best years of his career here. He is truly a physical freak with his size and speed and I dont really worry about him being a product of the system.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 16, 2012, 12:06:26 AM

And that's why he is unemployed. With the way the colts dropped off after losing Manning I think it proved that guy was stealing paychecks. The chargers are going to go on with a strong offense but having Jackson improves our offense by a mile.

bamabucs

Starter

#7 : March 16, 2012, 12:16:52 AM

I might have to agree with that statement, but that doesn't mean we didnt gain anything. Thats chargers offense is crazy, everyone gets the ball, including the RBs out of the backfield. Jackson was not even the first option on that team, Gates was when he was healthy. You can really plug any WR in that system and have it work.

Thats whats exciting about having him as a number 1 target. He's going to get chances to have some of the best years of his career here. He is truly a physical freak with his size and speed and I dont really worry about him being a product of the system.
This x 10000.

Jackson never really was the first option in San Diego. His main job was to present a vertical threat and draw Safety's attention. It is going to be sick when he becomes the go to guy of offense. Discard all of his previous stats, the guy is going to be more productive than ever, as long as free is accurate enough.

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 16, 2012, 12:18:13 AM

Tim Hasselbeck put the Garcon signing in front of VJax in terms of best WR signings today on NFL Live. Thoughts on that guys?

BayAreaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 16, 2012, 12:19:57 AM

This x 10000.

Jackson never really was the first option in San Diego. His main job was to present a vertical threat and draw Safety's attention. It is going to be sick when he becomes the go to guy of offense. Discard all of his previous stats, the guy is going to be more productive than ever, as long as free is accurate enough.
Hopefully Freeman doesnt need to be that accurate with Vjax he is a pretty big reciever.

#Mikey2Quarters

Hate

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 16, 2012, 12:21:58 AM

Tim Hasselbeck put the Garcon signing in front of VJax in terms of best WR signings today on NFL Live. Thoughts on that guys?

I would have been just as happy with Garcon as i am with VJax.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 16, 2012, 12:21:59 AM

My thought is: who gives a crap? The proof will be in the pudding.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 16, 2012, 12:27:07 AM

My thought is: who gives a crap? The proof will be in the pudding.

My thought is:  I agree with Mr. DanTurksGhost

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#13 : March 16, 2012, 12:29:50 AM

My thoughts are that Tim Hasslebeck is more famous for his wife than he is for his Football career

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#14 : March 16, 2012, 12:32:30 AM

I wouldn't say VJax sucks.   But he's nothing special.   He will make a good  #2 receiver on this team behind Mike Williams (provided Williams gets his act together this year).

Page: 1 2 3 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson sucks! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools