Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson sucks! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #15 : March 16, 2012, 12:32:48 AM »

Tim Hasselbeck put the Garcon signing in front of VJax in terms of best WR signings today on NFL Live. Thoughts on that guys?
Idk bias maybe ? Garcon was a great signing for them but I don't think he is on Jackson's level when it comes to production as a number 1

BucsNHEAT

Practice Squad

« #16 : March 16, 2012, 12:35:56 AM »

VJAX was in a comparable situation to Colston in New Orleans. Best receiver on a team full of weapons with a QB who will spread the ball around. If  he stays healthy, he will make a huge impact  for the bucs as the #1 receiver.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #17 : March 16, 2012, 05:29:25 AM »

Rivers was fine when Vjax was gone for 11 games. They might be fine and not have lost much when Vjax left but we did .gain a lot.

Only time will tell. We'll have to compare Jackson's stats with Royal's stats at the end of the 2012 season.

------
Eddie Royal agrees to deal with Chargers after courtship with Redskins

Free agent wide receiver Eddie Royal agreed to a contract with the San Diego Chargers, two days after Royal’s near-deal with the Washington Redskins unraveled.

The Chargers announced that Royal had agreed to a three-year contract but did not immediately disclose the financial terms. One person close to the negotiations said the contract is worth a little more than $13 million, including $6 million guaranteed.

flaitguy

Starter
« #18 : March 16, 2012, 05:53:10 AM »

Lets just say Mike Williams just got better.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #19 : March 16, 2012, 09:44:18 AM »

Like I've said before, people need to realize that while Vincent Jackson is getting paid like an "elite" WR, he's only a "good" WR.  You need to temper your expectations.  If he can only manage to average 60+ receptions per year with Rivers, what makes anyone think he'll do better with Freeman?  His deep threat ability does make him a little more valuable, but the fact that he is 29 years old and has had hamstring issues in the past, you'd have to expect that the clock is ticking real fact on his speed.  In the end, the Bucs will probably be spending this money on Jackson only to make Williams a better WR.  That's pretty sad when you're paying a WR $11M per year to make a $400K per year WR better... that's the QB's job, but evidently, he can't do the job either... hence, the overpaid Jackson.

Dominik did overspend quite a bit in this free agent period.  Just look at what Colston, Garcon and Grubbs got and compare that to Jackson and Nicks.  Jackson isn't better than Colston or Garcon, but he's getting $3-$4M more per year (averaged).  Nicks and Grubbs are fairly similar.  Nicks might be better, but Grubbs is definitely in the conversation... yet Nicks will be making $2M more per year.  It's just more evidence that Dominik needs to be fired today.  He's a below average GM with poor evaluation skills.

CJPunk

Rookie

« #20 : March 16, 2012, 09:53:20 AM »

Yeah losing 18 per catch WR for the past 4 season always makes an offense better, especially when that offense has an injury prone RB and a fragile aging TE. LOL

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #21 : March 16, 2012, 10:03:08 AM »

Thats why you no longer have a job Polian. Your drafting was exposed when Manning went down.

You evidently don't know much about Bill Polian.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #22 : March 16, 2012, 10:03:20 AM »

Dominik did overspend quite a bit in this free agent period.  Just look at what Colston, Garcon and Grubbs got and compare that to Jackson and Nicks.  Jackson isn't better than Colston or Garcon, but he's getting $3-$4M more per year (averaged).  Nicks and Grubbs are fairly similar.  Nicks might be better, but Grubbs is definitely in the conversation... yet Nicks will be making $2M more per year.  It's just more evidence that Dominik needs to be fired today.  He's a below average GM with poor evaluation skills.
More proof that some Bucs fans are only happy when they're miserable.

flaitguy

Starter
« #23 : March 16, 2012, 10:09:46 AM »

before his signing everyone was saying "come on down to tampa!". After the signing they are saying "this guy is a good but not great receiver". I thought he was one of 3 top free agents this year, that according to 3rd parties.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #24 : March 16, 2012, 10:10:45 AM »

I'm not happy at all, your statement makes absolutely no sense.  I simply pointed out that Dominik is a bad GM and supported.  I don't understand how any logical person can dispute these facts.  It's a matter of me having higher standards and expecting more out of the team I root for than the Kool-Aid drinkers like you.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

« #25 : March 16, 2012, 10:13:31 AM »

Just curious but who in their right mind DIDN'T think we would have to "overspend" a little to draw top notch FA's in?  We were a 4-12 team coming off a 10 game losing streak.  Personally I love the way Dom set these contracts up so that if the guys don't perform to the levels we expect we aren't crippled in future years on the cap.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #26 : March 16, 2012, 10:15:28 AM »

I'm not happy at all, your statement makes absolutely no sense.  I simply pointed out that Dominik is a bad GM and supported.  I don't understand how any logical person can dispute these facts.  It's a matter of me having higher standards and expecting more out of the team I root for than the Kool-Aid drinkers like you.
Bro...deep breaths.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #27 : March 16, 2012, 10:18:26 AM »

Bro...deep breaths.

Hey, if you're fine with the garbage that's been on the field and front office the last 3+ years, then keep enjoying your misery.  Those of us who want a contender and competant management, we will continue to voice our displeasure.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

« #28 : March 16, 2012, 10:18:59 AM »

His statement made perfect sense. You're not "happy at all", hence the statement, you're only happy when the team is misrable. Dominick over spending by 2-4 million dollars on each player really isn't that big a deal, consdering the state of the team and the money we had available to spend.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #29 : March 16, 2012, 10:24:41 AM »

His statement made perfect sense. You're not "happy at all", hence the statement, you're only happy when the team is misrable. Dominick over spending by 2-4 million dollars on each player really isn't that big a deal, consdering the state of the team and the money we had available to spend.

LOL... yes... as you can see, I'm thrilled that the team is miserable.  Overspending is a sign of ineptness, not good sense.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson sucks! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools