Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson sucks! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#210 : December 16, 2012, 01:29:56 PM

Wow...TBay...you ain't being serious are you?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#211 : December 16, 2012, 04:32:30 PM

Wow...TBay...you ain't being serious are you?

Earlier in the season, a legitimate argument could be made to support the opinion that teams were game planning against Jackson.  As we've seen over the last few weeks it's obvious that teams are game planning against Freeman's strength... the deep ball.

What these yahoos are doing is confusing talent and value.  Jackson has excellent value for what his skill set brings to this team, but strictly as a WR, he's good but he's not great.  He's a solid player, but he's a deep ball threat, not a true pass catching receiver.  Like I said earlier, Rice was better than Taylor and Irvin was better than Harper.  It doesn't mean those guys weren't, they just weren't better.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#212 : July 30, 2013, 09:29:45 PM

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#213 : July 30, 2013, 09:39:07 PM

Thanks for posting TB

Hate

Hall of Famer
#214 : July 30, 2013, 09:39:31 PM

Tim Hasselbeck put the Garcon signing in front of VJax in terms of best WR signings today on NFL Live. Thoughts on that guys?

I would have been just as happy with Garcon as i am with VJax.

Did I say that??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#215 : July 30, 2013, 09:40:21 PM

Tim Hasselbeck put the Garcon signing in front of VJax in terms of best WR signings today on NFL Live. Thoughts on that guys?

I would have been just as happy with Garcon as i am with VJax.

Did I say that??

Funny.. when i opened this thread thats the first thing that popped out to me...

youngone

Hall of Famer
#216 : July 30, 2013, 09:41:12 PM

Plus, you do realize teams game plan around V-Jax and double team him all the time, right? Do we have to spell everything out for you?

Nobody, this year, is game planning around Jackson.  They're game planning around Freeman.  Teams know he either throws deep or dumps it off.  He very rarely throws the underneath pass successfully.

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

Keep yanking stuff out of that anal cavity of yours.  We'll need a laugh this afternoon.
LOL

youngone

Hall of Famer
#217 : July 30, 2013, 09:46:33 PM

Like I've said before, people need to realize that while Vincent Jackson is getting paid like an "elite" WR, he's only a "good" WR.  You need to temper your expectations.  If he can only manage to average 60+ receptions per year with Rivers, what makes anyone think he'll do better with Freeman?  His deep threat ability does make him a little more valuable, but the fact that he is 29 years old and has had hamstring issues in the past, you'd have to expect that the clock is ticking real fact on his speed.  In the end, the Bucs will probably be spending this money on Jackson only to make Williams a better WR.  That's pretty sad when you're paying a WR $11M per year to make a $400K per year WR better... that's the QB's job, but evidently, he can't do the job either... hence, the overpaid Jackson.

Dominik did overspend quite a bit in this free agent period.  Just look at what Colston, Garcon and Grubbs got and compare that to Jackson and Nicks. Jackson isn't better than Colston or Garcon, but he's getting $3-$4M more per year (averaged).  Nicks and Grubbs are fairly similar.  Nicks might be better, but Grubbs is definitely in the conversation... yet Nicks will be making $2M more per year.  It's just more evidence that Dominik needs to be fired today.  He's a below average GM with poor evaluation skills.
Bwhahahahahaha

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#218 : July 30, 2013, 09:49:54 PM

Dude has been better than advertised.  His 2012 season with the Bucs,made the list of greatest WR seasons in the last 5 years.    I hope we can get a few more years out of him.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#219 : July 30, 2013, 09:53:37 PM

I wouldn't say VJax sucks.   But he's nothing special.   He will make a good  #2 receiver on this team behind Mike Williams (provided Williams gets his act together this year).

Another failed Java prediction.  Its right up there with his Tebow predictions.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#220 : July 30, 2013, 09:54:43 PM

Like I've said before, people need to realize that while Vincent Jackson is getting paid like an "elite" WR, he's only a "good" WR.  You need to temper your expectations.  If he can only manage to average 60+ receptions per year with Rivers, what makes anyone think he'll do better with Freeman?  His deep threat ability does make him a little more valuable, but the fact that he is 29 years old and has had hamstring issues in the past, you'd have to expect that the clock is ticking real fact on his speed.  In the end, the Bucs will probably be spending this money on Jackson only to make Williams a better WR.  That's pretty sad when you're paying a WR $11M per year to make a $400K per year WR better... that's the QB's job, but evidently, he can't do the job either... hence, the overpaid Jackson.

Dominik did overspend quite a bit in this free agent period.  Just look at what Colston, Garcon and Grubbs got and compare that to Jackson and Nicks. Jackson isn't better than Colston or Garcon, but he's getting $3-$4M more per year (averaged).  Nicks and Grubbs are fairly similar.  Nicks might be better, but Grubbs is definitely in the conversation... yet Nicks will be making $2M more per year.  It's just more evidence that Dominik needs to be fired today.  He's a below average GM with poor evaluation skills.
Bwhahahahahaha

LOL. Reminds me of some of his comments toward Flacco.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#221 : July 30, 2013, 09:54:45 PM

This will be a fun thread to revisit in February of 2013.

Its just as fun on July 30, 2013!!

Colston is a better receiver than Jackson

Ouch!!

Winslow would be to the Bucs what Gates is to the Chargers with VJax here.

Wow!!

Colston IS better than Jackson, if you guys can't realize that, I'm sorry I can't help you. 

Classic!!

youngone

Hall of Famer
#222 : July 30, 2013, 10:00:27 PM

Tbay XXXVII had some real good ones in this thread.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#223 : July 30, 2013, 10:11:50 PM

Colston is a better receiver.

Colston (99 Games played): 514 receptions / 7129 yards / 56 TD's.  Has at least 70 receptions and 7 TD's in 6 of his 7 seasons (I'm counting this one too since he has 65 catches already)
Jackson (104 Games played): 328 receptions / 5899 yards / 45 TD's.  This is likely to be the first season in which he has 70 receptions (7th season - I'm not counting his 1st season against him), and has 7 TD's in only 4 of those 7 seasons.

Again, Colston is a better receiver.

What, exactly, does Colston do better than VJax??

gone

Hall of Famer
#224 : July 30, 2013, 10:19:13 PM

Colston is a better receiver.

Colston (99 Games played): 514 receptions / 7129 yards / 56 TD's.  Has at least 70 receptions and 7 TD's in 6 of his 7 seasons (I'm counting this one too since he has 65 catches already)
Jackson (104 Games played): 328 receptions / 5899 yards / 45 TD's.  This is likely to be the first season in which he has 70 receptions (7th season - I'm not counting his 1st season against him), and has 7 TD's in only 4 of those 7 seasons.

Again, Colston is a better receiver.

What, exactly, does Colston do better than VJax??

Well, he certainly picked a much better QB to play for.

Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson sucks! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools