Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson sucks! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 16, 2012, 10:29:51 AM

You will not allow yourself to be happy if you look that deep at everything...

Watch, I'll show you:

"THE SKY IS BLUE!!! WHY CAN'T IT BE ORANGE?! I WANT ORANGE, DAMMIT! THIS WORLD SUCKS AND I REFUSE TO ENJOY IT UNTIL I GET SOME DAMN ORANGE IN MY SKY!!!"

This is what you're doing. You don't HAVE to be so upset by overspending. They are clear upgrades. The Pros outweigh the cons by a very large margin here and you're being stubborn and not wanting to see it. At least, that's the attitude you present.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 16, 2012, 10:32:32 AM

had we signed garcon and grubbs some fans would be complaining that we were too cheap to sign jackson and nicks.  whatever, i certainly agree with acacius.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

DailyRich68

Starter
#32 : March 16, 2012, 10:34:44 AM

Yeah, I can't believe people are throwing up "Jackson only had 60 receptions last year!" and ignoring that Gates had 64.  Sure, he was targeted 25 more times, but in four fewer receptions he had 328 more receiving yards.  He averaged 18 yards a catch.  A third of his catches were for 20 yards or more.  Put this guy in an offense where he's the clear-cut #1 guy and not on par with an All-Pro tight end and he'll thrive.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 16, 2012, 10:35:00 AM

Dominik did overspend quite a bit in this free agent period.  Just look at what Colston, Garcon and Grubbs got and compare that to Jackson and Nicks.  Jackson isn't better than Colston or Garcon, but he's getting $3-$4M more per year (averaged).  Nicks and Grubbs are fairly similar.  Nicks might be better, but Grubbs is definitely in the conversation... yet Nicks will be making $2M more per year.  It's just more evidence that Dominik needs to be fired today.  He's a below average GM with poor evaluation skills.
More proof that some Bucs fans are only happy when they're miserable.

I'm not happy at all, your statement makes absolutely no sense.  I simply pointed out that Dominik is a bad GM and supported.  I don't understand how any logical person can dispute these facts.  It's a matter of me having higher standards and expecting more out of the team I root for than the Kool-Aid drinkers like you.

His statement made perfect sense. You're not "happy at all", hence the statement, you're only happy when the team is misrable. Dominick over spending by 2-4 million dollars on each player really isn't that big a deal, consdering the state of the team and the money we had available to spend.

LOL... yes... as you can see, I'm thrilled that the team is miserable.  Overspending is a sign of ineptness, not good sense.

That's the thing though....

1.) It isn't evident that the team will be misrable in 2012

and

2.) Dom didn't really overspend considering the caliber of player and the inflated market

acacius

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 16, 2012, 10:42:53 AM

Dominik did overspend quite a bit in this free agent period.  Just look at what Colston, Garcon and Grubbs got and compare that to Jackson and Nicks.  Jackson isn't better than Colston or Garcon, but he's getting $3-$4M more per year (averaged).  Nicks and Grubbs are fairly similar.  Nicks might be better, but Grubbs is definitely in the conversation... yet Nicks will be making $2M more per year.  It's just more evidence that Dominik needs to be fired today.  He's a below average GM with poor evaluation skills.

I'm not happy at all, your statement makes absolutely no sense.  I simply pointed out that Dominik is a bad GM and supported.  I don't understand how any logical person can dispute these facts.  It's a matter of me having higher standards and expecting more out of the team I root for than the Kool-Aid drinkers like you.
The way you seem to look for stuff to complain about, regardless of how much sense it actually makes to do so, sure makes it *seem* like you must enjoy **CENSORED**ing.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 16, 2012, 10:17:10 PM

The way you seem to look for stuff to complain about, regardless of how much sense it actually makes to do so, sure makes it *seem* like you must enjoy **CENSORED**ing.

Dominik's track record doesn't really allow for a positive outlook.  The guy has been in charge for 4 offseasons and you can count on 1 hand how many good personnel decisions he's made.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#36 : March 16, 2012, 10:19:09 PM

Man, I don't think its sunk in for me yet.

We got VJax and Nicks..

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 16, 2012, 10:20:27 PM

His statement made perfect sense. You're not "happy at all", hence the statement, you're only happy when the team is misrable. Dominick over spending by 2-4 million dollars on each player really isn't that big a deal, consdering the state of the team and the money we had available to spend.

LOL... yes... as you can see, I'm thrilled that the team is miserable.  Overspending is a sign of ineptness, not good sense.

and

2.) Dom didn't really overspend considering the caliber of player and the inflated market

1. No, but history tells us that it's inevitable.  Also, to the flip side, it isn't evident that the team won't miserable in 2012.

and

2. I don't understand how you can say Dominik didn't over spend.  Colston is a better receiver than Jackson and is making about $3M less per year.  Also, while Nicks appears to be better than Grubbs, he's not worth $3M more per year.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 16, 2012, 10:37:07 PM

IMO, your "facts" ARE wrong.  Colston ISN'T a better receiver than Jackson... he isn't nearly as good.  And Nicks and Grubbs are nowhere NEAR similar.  Grubbs is a quality guard, yes, but Nicks is the consensus best guard in the entire NFL.  Grubbs is 2 lbs heavier than Zuttah, Nicks is a 343 lb beast of a guard who simply mauls people.

Before we signed him many analysts said it would cost 12-14 million per year to sign him.  We signed him for 11 per year and structured all his guarantees in the first two years, then his salary drops from 13 million per the first two seasons to 10 million per season the 3rd year, the 9.8 million the last two years.  Over paid?  How much do you think quality receivers will be making in 2014-2016.  After those first two years, we can cut him if he isn't playing up to, not a 13 million contract, but a 10 million contract.  We will even be getting cap relief those last 3 years.

IMO, Dom did a good job on both Jackson and Nicks deals.  The one I agree he overpaid was the Eric Wright contract.  That one WAS overpaid.

.....just my opinion

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 16, 2012, 10:49:43 PM

I stopped reading when someone said Marques Colston was better than Vincent Jackson

LOL

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 16, 2012, 10:50:02 PM

LOL

I'm not done laughing yet!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 16, 2012, 10:50:28 PM

I'm tiring out....

LOL SECOND WIND!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 16, 2012, 10:51:35 PM

Marques Colston is a college TE that has multiple microfracture surgeries (see how that has zapped K2s speed) and only produces because he plays on fast turf with arguably the best QB in the NFL.

Your agenda is obvious dawg

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#43 : March 16, 2012, 11:04:19 PM

Did someone say Garcon is better than V-Jax? Seriously? Garcon is good but he has nver had a 1,000 yard season and he has acareer 13.4 ypc compared to Vincent's 17.5 ypc....

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 16, 2012, 11:21:08 PM

and

1. No, but history tells us that it's inevitable.  Also, to the flip side, it isn't evident that the team won't miserable in 2012.

and

2. I don't understand how you can say Dominik didn't over spend.  Colston is a better receiver than Jackson and is making about $3M less per year.  Also, while Nicks appears to be better than Grubbs, he's not worth $3M more per year.

Seriously???
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vincent Jackson sucks! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools