Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy, Joseph, and Koenen all working Lofton to be a Buc « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#120 : March 20, 2012, 09:38:02 PM

Pointless. Foster's best position is WILL.

And you know this because he has taken so many snaps at Will in the NFL....

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#121 : March 20, 2012, 09:39:36 PM

Hang on there, Traew...hasn't it occurred to you we're waiting for the market to be set, like....ALL THE OTHER TEAMS?

Relax, you go from super-happy to angry again faster than a woman on her period!

Beatles, I am on a non-stop period when it comes to Mark Dominik and the Bucs.

Dom goes out and finally spends some money - which is great (long overdue, but great) - and I guess that means we all should back off and crown them the Super Bowl champs.

Well not me. Part of the reason the Glazers and Dominik even spent money was because the FANS began to get louder and speak with both their pocket books (dumping season tickets like the plague) and with their vocal voices on message boards, social media, etc. And I do not think we should let up or back off until they address the holes on this team that THEY CREATED.

And I would not be saying a word about this if Dominik had not opened his little mouth at the end of a great, historic press conference and pissed all over it by saying the Bucs were essentially done with free agency.

So we can all speculate that they are waiting out free agency and for the prices to go down - but until that day comes - I am going to continue to stay vocal and hopefully the Bucs will feel a little pressure from all of the fans to do some more work in free agency when it comes to this ATROCIOUS DEFENSE.

Pass the Tampax. I need a few.
Nonononono, you see, YOU were the happiest I'd ever seen you this past week and you were quite OK with us being "Done" judging by your posts. ("it's like getting the bigscreen TV but not the Gameboy Advance" To which you said "I know, I am selfish.") THEN you backtrack after a few hours and say, "No, we have to keep in mind Dom is a con artist." and now this.

See, you sat here and thought about it--you knew you couldn't just revel in the moment. You knew SOMETHING had to go wrong, so you looked for a reason, found one by reading too much into being "Done" and are now backtracking over ALL THE GOOD THINGS that happened durring this week and not showing gratitude, humbleness, or respect to the ones that are happy the ownership has did what they've done.

You predicted they wouldn't spend...you said Dom NEEDED to land some big names...he got TWO OF THE TOP PLAYERS AVAILABLE and proved you wrong, and you admitted it.

Now you're trying to make excuses because deep inside, YOU, sir, are in panic mode because to you, all of this is a facade and can't be real! So you try and brace yourself for disappointment by stepping back and not allowing yourself to let it go. You called me the king of the bandwaggoners, and tried to say there was no reason to trust MD....well guess what? Here I am, telling you YOU are the king of the chicken-little's!

No one is saying it can't all go wrong, but the way I see it, you don't even know that we are done yet--and even if we are, this is still a damn better outlook than you EVER were expecting, so for once, just ONCE, traew, if I may borrow a phrase from Chris Jericho...

"SHUT, THE HELL, UP!!!"

.....and be happy for once! ;) (In all due respect to you of course, I know you mean well.)

Let me try to spell it out for you Sir Beatle:

1. I'm happy we signed Jackson, Nicks and Wright. I made that very clear, I was surprised we did it, and I give them props.

2. We have the worst defense in the NFL. It's not even close.

3. We have 13 million in cap space

4. I'd like to see them improve the defense by using some of that space to sign, at the very least, a veteran linebacker.

I don't think this is unreasonable. In fact, I actually think its logical.

If any if this offends you or bothers you - or anyone else - tough. And if you have a problem with me expressing my opinion - tough. You approach your style of being a fan your way, I will approach it my way. I think I make more sense than you, but that's never gonna change.

Hugs.
And if every post was worded like that i'd have no problem. You MOANING about it the way you do is the problem. Especially when this should be a really minor complaint.

I consider our lack of improvement in free agency on defense a major complaint. Especially at LB. You have always thought if anyone criticizes the Bucs it is moaning or whining. If I praise them about something I like, but criticize them about something I don't like - you just call me inconsistent and a troll.

Do me a favor - just ignore my posts. I don't care if everyone ignores my posts. I come on here to express my opinion and if you don't like it move on. Ignore me.
My good man, I think you misread me just now...if you learned to express your concerns without being over the top, it wouldn't be a problem. :)

For example, did we really need the whole "Dom is a neglectful father" scenario? Couldn't you just say "I dunno, guys, im gonna have to see a bit more. This is a good start, though! Go Bucs!" and leave it at that? <--sums up your opinion nicely without sounding bitter or vengeful and doesn't take shots at anyone or bring anyone down and still lets your voice be heard. No, I'm not trying to censor you, but there's better ways to speak your mind.
: March 20, 2012, 09:42:28 PM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#122 : March 20, 2012, 09:41:09 PM

Yeah because the transition from college to the NFL for linebackers is so hard.............

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#123 : March 20, 2012, 09:43:16 PM

Ok....so say we role with Foster/Lofton/Watson. Who is our depth?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#124 : March 20, 2012, 09:49:09 PM

Ok....so say we role with Foster/Lofton/Watson. Who is our depth?
Black backs up Watson. Hayward backs up Foster. Rennie Curry behind Lofton. David is a good player don't get me wrong I just feel that taking Foster in the third is a waste if all he is good for is being a sam backer.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#125 : March 20, 2012, 10:06:03 PM

I'll agree to disagree. I feel Sam and Will are interchangeable nowadays, so I don't see a 3rd round Sam as a wasted pick.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#126 : March 20, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

@RCummingsTrib: 
With DE Michael Bennett in the fold at $2.742 milllion for 2012 the Bucs available cap space drops to about $13 million and change

I think we can count out any more FA signings.

That is still a lot of scratch.  A LB cap hit would only be around 5-6mil.   A lot of teams started free agency with that much cap space and still made a couple signings.
Rookies. And we have a top 5 pick. Need to have a couple extra million to spend during the year.
A top 5 pick with a rookie cap scale, we're looking at paying Claiborne at most 4.5 million per year. We're going to have enough cap space to ink all the rooks in addition to some role players on defense(MLB, DT depth)

Actually last year's #5 pick was Patrick Peterson and he makes $4.9M a year. That will go up slightly each year, so our pick this year, assuming we stay put at #5, will make about $5.3M a year.

Where did you get 4.9m this site says a lot less as in 3.3m
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/patrick-peterson/

traew01

Pro Bowler

#127 : March 20, 2012, 10:29:58 PM

If the Bucs sign Lofton I'll shut my annoying ass up until the pre-season.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#128 : March 20, 2012, 10:34:25 PM

Can someone make this a sticky?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#129 : March 20, 2012, 10:36:41 PM

Lol you don't gotta do that. Hey I agree they need some new LB. Hell all of us know this. I just understand why they are backing off for now. They will be able to get a LB who will be better than anybody we got for cheaper as time moves on closer to the draft or after. They are far from done.

aarex

Rookie

#130 : March 20, 2012, 10:41:32 PM

We know this because he flat out said "I prefer to play Will"

traew01

Pro Bowler

#131 : March 20, 2012, 10:42:47 PM

Lol you don't gotta do that. Hey I agree they need some new LB. Hell all of us know this. I just understand why they are backing off for now. They will be able to get a LB who will be better than anybody we got for cheaper as time moves on closer to the draft or after. They are far from done.

I really hope you are right. I can't stomach watching those same guys get mauled again next season.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#132 : March 20, 2012, 10:51:29 PM

I really hope you are right. I can't stomach watching those same guys get mauled again next season.

Agree. That defense was as bad as I've ever seen. I highly doubt they will go with the worst defense in franchise history next year. They'd be asking for a butt whooping. Schiano knows they can't roll with the same guys. I'm sure Dom knows this too.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#133 : March 20, 2012, 10:52:18 PM

No matter who we draft, it is not going to be a good look at all if we roll out there with Foster, Quincy Black, Dekoda Watson, Adam Hayward and a rookie at LB. That would be reaaaally, really bad. We'd continue to get run all over again. I really do think at this point that the Bucs are going to look to release Winslow to free up some more cap space, then sign Lofton, Fletcher or Hawthorne, and then look to draft a LB in the first 3 rounds as well. Linebacker really might be the most concerning position on this team.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#134 : March 21, 2012, 12:42:03 AM

Its sooo very true, in all acuality the MLB is the QB and usually leader of the D,  they need to really invest in the heart & soul of this D.  Its only logical.   They should try to send a message to other teams about the middle of this D.  They need to get Lofton or close equal and sure this thing up. I think Foster will make a fine OLB on either side.  He plays laterally very well and it is his natural position IMO.  Let black, Watson, and Hayward battle it out and regardless of how much whoever is being paid...let the best man start, which I am sure will happen.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy, Joseph, and Koenen all working Lofton to be a Buc « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools