Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy, Joseph, and Koenen all working Lofton to be a Buc « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 16, 2012, 08:26:32 AM

No one except maybe the Raiders would give him more money than Patrick Willis makes.
is Eric Wright worth more than Patrick Willis?  cause we paid him like he is.

Do you not understand that different positions make different amounts?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 16, 2012, 08:34:01 AM

so does PW have a bigger impact on the success of the 49er's defense than their slot CB does?  If yes than he should make more.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 16, 2012, 08:35:18 AM

and if Lofton was our MLB I honestly believe he would have a bigger impact on our defense than our slot CB would as well.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 16, 2012, 08:46:35 AM

No one except maybe the Raiders would give him more money than Patrick Willis makes.
I've done a little more research and Patrick Willis is underpaid. David Harris averages $9 million per.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 16, 2012, 08:46:43 AM

probably could get Brandon Boykin at the top of the 3rd since he broke his leg at the senior bowl.  a cheap alternative for Ronde's replacement for the next 4-5 years.  and this would justify bring Ronde back this year more than it does with Wright.  6 year vets making that jack shouldnt need a mentor.
: March 16, 2012, 08:52:01 AM Skull and Bones

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : March 16, 2012, 08:49:09 AM

so does PW have a bigger impact on the success of the 49er's defense than their slot CB does?  If yes than he should make more.

Take it up with the NFL then dude. I don't make the rules. The Fact is $7.5M makes Eric Wright the 18th highest paid CB in the league, while that same $7.5M would make Lofton the 3rd highest paid middle linebacker in the league. If you want to pretend position doesn't matter, that's fine, but realize you are in a fantasy land far away from reality.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 16, 2012, 08:50:59 AM

You guys are a bit fickle...

Patience in business is just as important as aggressiveness.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 16, 2012, 08:53:23 AM

Did you see the contract CJ just got?  You know who gets paid almost as much as CJ and other receivers?  Yeah, the guys who cover CJ and the other receivers.  Tons of articles discussing this so not even sure why its an issue.  In the passing NFL the top paide players are players that have a big impact on the passing game  -- QB, LT, DE, CB

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 16, 2012, 08:59:25 AM

I understand its considered more of a premium position but Wright wasn't brought in to be the #1 or #2 corner.  I believe the plan is to draft Claiborne and keep Talib around 1 more year.  from the sounds of it, he's going to be an inside guy.  and there is just no way to justify Wright making 500,000 more a year than Willis.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 16, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

How was Wright brought in to be the third corner?  Claiborne is not on the team, Barber is not on the team, and who knows what is going to happen with Talib.  Wright was brought in to be or number one or two corner.  Even is Claiborne is drafted he is better suited as the third corner in his first year.  When was the last time Talib played an entire year?  When is the next time Tlib will decide to pistol whip somebody?

You yea are right.  No need to sign a corner on this team.. 

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 16, 2012, 09:10:01 AM

How was Wright brought in to be the third corner?  Claiborne is not on the team, Barber is not on the team, and who knows what is going to happen with Talib.  Wright was brought in to be or number one or two corner.  Even is Claiborne is drafted he is better suited as the third corner in his first year.  When was the last time Talib played an entire year?  When is the next time Tlib will decide to pistol whip somebody?

Because Wright was downright pitiful as a #2 and a #1. His best position was when he playing inside. The way the game works today, a nickel CB is very imperative to a pass D. If we take Claiborne, he is playing #2 without a doubt in my mind.

Talib-Claiborne-Wright-Biggers-Gaitor

We will be fine with or without Barber.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 16, 2012, 09:16:29 AM

Looks like Mossis Madu joined in on the recruiting and is giving him a hard time about coming to Tampa.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 16, 2012, 09:23:28 AM

if I am wrong with my prediction feel free to bump this and call me out but I am fairly confident I am not.  and IMO the financially prudent move would have been to draft the inside CB in round 2-3 instead of the pricey FA.  That is in addition to taking Claiborne #5.  So we would still be adding 2 CBs to the roster.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 16, 2012, 09:24:16 AM

Is lofton tweeting anything back?

BucD

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 16, 2012, 09:30:44 AM

I think it's fairly obvious as to what positions are deemed priority in today's NFL due to what the market has set so far in FA.  LBs (especially Mikes) in today's NFL aren't as valuable whereas DBs (mainly CBs) are.  I think the Will backers value has gone way up as opposed to the Mikes value going way down.

CB >>> LB

This is the current trend that the NFL is in...

...pass happy.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCoy, Joseph, and Koenen all working Lofton to be a Buc « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools