Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wright trying to get Tulloch here. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#60 : March 17, 2012, 01:25:27 PM

I don't think that number posted by PFT reflects the Orlovsky signing which is roughly 1.2-1.3 million against the cap this year.  So the $15-16mil numbers floating around are somewhat accurate.

It's been said that they need $5-6mil set aside for the draft, but you'll also have to account for $3-5mil for Barber if he does officially return for another season.

Doesn't leave much room at all for any other signings.  Doubt we do anything more in FA.

unless we free up some space by cutting K2.  I think that would save us another 5-6 mill.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#61 : March 17, 2012, 01:35:45 PM

I don't think that number posted by PFT reflects the Orlovsky signing which is roughly 1.2-1.3 million against the cap this year.  So the $15-16mil numbers floating around are somewhat accurate.

It's been said that they need $5-6mil set aside for the draft, but you'll also have to account for $3-5mil for Barber if he does officially return for another season.

Doesn't leave much room at all for any other signings.  Doubt we do anything more in FA.

unless we free up some space by cutting K2.  I think that would save us another 5-6 mill.

First, I don't think it's easy or very wise to just cut your leading or second leading receiver.  Second, by cutting K2 you just add another hole on this team that needs to be filled.  Granted an alternative would/could be cheaper, but who's out there that could fill that potential hole?

lowlife

Starter

#62 : March 17, 2012, 02:11:45 PM

Even with the new slotted rookie cap, a top 5 pick is going to get a decent salary. So I see about 7-8mil being allocated for draft picks.
Barber's going to get 4-5mil.

That's going to leave the team with 4-6mil of cap left. I just don't see Dom pushing the limit. There has to be a little left over for an emergency signing or his patented waiver wire scooping.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#63 : March 17, 2012, 02:14:32 PM

Barber won't get 4-5 mil. Especially if we draft Claiborne.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#64 : March 17, 2012, 02:19:52 PM

Barber made $4 million last year. I doubt he makes more. In fact...he might come back for a tad less...especially if we draft Claiborne. He will know the team has a chance to improve and he can go out on a much better team and just have fun. I don't think Barber needs any more money really. He's a very smart business guy. Now he will want to get a fair salary...but he would probably give a home team discount if he really wants to play again.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#65 : March 17, 2012, 02:24:56 PM

I mean if he's our 4 cb there's no way he makes more than 3 mil. If that even. Also if Talib is ok with his whole thing I would be surprised if Barber is back at all. Which could happen.

lowlife

Starter

#66 : March 17, 2012, 02:25:06 PM

He got a 1yr 5mil deal last season. Why would he take less to come into a new regime without a clearly designated role and one year older?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#67 : March 17, 2012, 02:32:22 PM

He got a 1yr 5mil deal last season. Why would he take less to come into a new regime without a clearly designated role and one year older?

Love of the game? Look I love Barber but there's no reason to pay him 5 mil unless he's starting. He's more likely to be our 4 cb with the addition of Claiborne. If Claiborne is drafted, I'd be surprised if we brought back Barber.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#68 : March 17, 2012, 04:06:17 PM

They also could still rework the contracts of players like Trueblood. Trueblood is going to make $5 million this year. They could extend Trueblood and give him a small bonus and spread maybe a million over into next year.

That's just crazy talk

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#69 : March 17, 2012, 04:38:41 PM

I like how the last couple pages in this thread have been about Ronde when he has nothing to do with the topic.

But one thing that you have to put into play is how bad the Bucs coaching staff was last year. I think the Bucs think that they have some talent in Biggers, Lewis and Gaitor and want to see what they have in those guys, plus just a year ago Talib was a bonified #1 corner who was on the come-up and now we're giving him a fresh start. Then now they gave a nice contract to Eric Wright that looks like he'll be our #2 corner. I honestly don't think you'll see Tampa select a corner until round 3 at the earliest. LB, RB and even S look like more glaring needs. We grab Trent Richardson with the #5 and we have the faces of our franchise set at QB, RB and WR. I also think that Bryan Cox and Bill Sheridan are going to beat the crap out of Quincy Black in training camp and you're going to see a completely different guy out there. Dekoda Watson has some potential as well, and I think we'll at some point end up signing either Tulloch or Lofton.

Cut Winslow, sign Tulloch/Lofton, sign Okoye, sign Reggie Smith, draft Trent Richardson, Coby Fleener and Josh Norman (sleeper CB of the whole draft) in the first 3 rounds, take a chance on Vontaze Burfict in the 6th, 7th or even as an undrafted free agent as it's starting to look. We do this and we have a potentially damn good team in 2012.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#70 : March 17, 2012, 04:53:41 PM

Let us get back on topic...any news on him?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#71 : March 17, 2012, 06:28:52 PM

Count me in the camp of not bringing Ronde back if we draft Claiborne, unless it's as a coach.  He's preventing some of the other players from developing, he's taking up cap space that could be used on a LB or depth at other positions.  He's a hall of fame player, and I respect and thank him for what he's done here There's always a time when players and teams need to move on, though.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#72 : March 17, 2012, 11:19:58 PM

First, I don't think it's easy or very wise to just cut your leading or second leading receiver.  Second, by cutting K2 you just add another hole on this team that needs to be filled.  Granted an alternative would/could be cheaper, but who's out there that could fill that potential hole?

how many more good years do you think Winslow has left?  with those knees his football age is much older than his actual age.  further, while he may have been our leading receiver last year that isnt saying much.  he is clearly on the down side of his career and his production doesnt warrant his contract.  he is a iiability as a blocker and isn't really a playmaker anymore.  finally, how is he in the locker room and in the huddle?  I cant read lips but I've seen him and Josh arguing after incompletions and turnovers and I strongly suspect he is chirping in his young QBs ear about more touches(which led to many ints).  put it this way, winslow is a serviceable player but not indispensable. if winslow's cap space is needed to clear room for Barber and Tulloch then adios.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#73 : March 17, 2012, 11:27:01 PM

They also could still rework the contracts of players like Trueblood. Trueblood is going to make $5 million this year. They could extend Trueblood and give him a small bonus and spread maybe a million over into next year.

Good thinking.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wright trying to get Tulloch here. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools