Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kuechly Is The Pick......Dom Make It Happen!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

GoBucs!!

Second String

: March 17, 2012, 06:09:55 AM

I seriously hope Bucs pick him on draft day

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/17841513/draft-positional-series-linebackers-edge-players

March 21 BC's Pro Day, i hop we're in attendance.......
: March 17, 2012, 06:15:02 AM GoBucs!!

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#1 : March 17, 2012, 06:35:17 AM

not at 5 hes not..if we do want him we'd have to trade down. too big of a stretch at 5..id still rather have claiborne or richardson..but yes our LB core does need some improving no doubt

Go Bucs

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 17, 2012, 06:35:59 AM

Good article on Kuechly, but a point I didn't realize in that article, regarding Whitney Mercilus: 16 sacks AND nine forced fumbles last year. Whoa!
If we were to trade down and picked up an extra second, I wouldn't mind a scenario in which we picked up a FA RB (Tolbert or Bush) and LB (preferably Tulloch), got Kuechly, then got Mercilus and a CB atop the second. Then you can go safety in the third round.

In Verner We Trust

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 17, 2012, 07:45:50 AM

1.  I'm not sure they are targeting Kuechly with having made 2 offers to Lofton. I take that as a sign they want to have the spot filled prior to the draft.
2.  Not at 5 and trading down is always easier said than done.  We need the perfect storm to have enough of the right guys there that teams want badly enough to let go of draft picks to move up.
3.  Do we honestly put yet another rookie in there calling the plays?  If up to me, I'd go after a Lofton too, just to have that vet presence and experience ... one less thing to worry about with so many other problems still needing addressed.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good player for us, I like him, just not sure he's a target for us in the 1st round.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#4 : March 17, 2012, 07:48:01 AM

Not unless we are trading back

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 17, 2012, 08:22:24 AM

Im willing to bet that 80 of GoBucs!!'s 91 posts are threads saying either Draft this guy or Sign this guy.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#6 : March 17, 2012, 11:04:05 AM

Yeah, let's pick a guy at #5 who is rated about #15 just because he's white.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 17, 2012, 11:09:18 AM

I think people are unaware of how much this guy's stock has increased over the last month. People keep saying not at 5 must not be aware that Kuechly has been moved into the top 10 on just about every draft site's big board over the last few weeks. I've seen him rated from #7 to #9 almost everywhere now. Not at all a reach at #5. Not anymore.

barberiino

Second String

#8 : March 17, 2012, 11:21:45 AM

Yeah, let's pick a guy at #5 who is rated about #15 just because he's white.

No, let's pick him because he is the best player coming out at his position... A position that is our biggest need, which would upgrade 2 positions with this one pick... How does the fact that he is white play a factor??!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 17, 2012, 11:27:24 AM

I think people are unaware of how much this guy's stock has increased over the last month. People keep saying not at 5 must not be aware that Kuechly has been moved into the top 10 on just about every draft site's big board over the last few weeks. I've seen him rated from #7 to #9 almost everywhere now. Not at all a reach at #5. Not anymore.
I am watching the move and wondering what is causing the change.  I reviewed online a ton of Kuechly videos and articles - and I gotta be honest I don't see it.  A good kid, a good MLB, a leader, coaches love him, great family -- all that - but to be top 10 or even top 20 a guy has to dominate at top levels - I am muttering to myself - what am I missing? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bashear

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 17, 2012, 11:42:04 AM

What draft sites do you follow? I enjoy looking at mock drafts, but I realize that anybody can create a site and post a mock. This site lists many mocks:

http://hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

I looked at several recent mocks, and I see Kuechly almost unanimously going to the Eagles at #15. Like I said, what kind of faith to put in these mocks, I don't know, but could you list some of the sites that Kuechly in the top 10? I'd like to see who they have projected to fall out of the top 10.

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#11 : March 17, 2012, 11:54:27 AM

What draft sites do you follow? I enjoy looking at mock drafts, but I realize that anybody can create a site and post a mock. This site lists many mocks:

I looked at several recent mocks, and I see Kuechly almost unanimously going to the Eagles at #15. Like I said, what kind of faith to put in these mocks, I don't know, but could you list some of the sites that Kuechly in the top 10? I'd like to see who they have projected to fall out of the top 10.

If all mocks went BPA, then everyone would know where they were going to be drafted, some teams draft for need first. McShay & Kiper have him at 7 & 8, I believe Mayock has him at 9 or 10. Espn scouts have him graded at 8.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 17, 2012, 12:02:25 PM

I didn't say mocks, I said big boards, where they ranked players based on their talent grades, not where they think they will land. Mock drafts are usually designed to reflect team needs, which are never truly accurate until after FA. Big boards reflect where a player stacks up against the rest of the talent in the draft.

Walterfootball has Kuechly ranked 7th
Drafttek has him ranked 8th
Scouts Inc. has him ranked 8th

bashear

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 17, 2012, 12:11:43 PM

I didn't say mocks, I said big boards, where they ranked players based on their talent grades, not where they think they will land. Mock drafts are usually designed to reflect team needs, which are never truly accurate until after FA. Big boards reflect where a player stacks up against the rest of the talent in the draft.

Walterfootball has Kuechly ranked 7th
Drafttek has him ranked 8th
Scouts Inc. has him ranked 8th
Thanks for pointing out that you were talking big boards--that didn't click with me when I read your post.

#14 : March 17, 2012, 12:21:06 PM

I am watching the move and wondering what is causing the change.  I reviewed online a ton of Kuechly videos and articles - and I gotta be honest I don't see it.  A good kid, a good MLB, a leader, coaches love him, great family -- all that - but to be top 10 or even top 20 a guy has to dominate at top levels - I am muttering to myself - what am I missing?

What concerns me is he has a tendency to over pursue at times and that will kill him at the next level if he doesn't get it corrected.

The comparison's to Ruud's play are not totally unfounded but I think this kid has a much higher ceiling that Ruud ever did when he came out.

I'm impressed with his ability to shed blocks and take on TEs...I've seen him stand a few up.....but he takes on college lineman with no fear and dominates them. He has good instincts, hits hard and is around the ball on most plays. In this draft, I have no problem saying he's a top 10 pick & grades out about the same as Blackmon.

Claiborne
Kalil
Kuechly
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kuechly Is The Pick......Dom Make It Happen!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools