Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kuechly Is The Pick......Dom Make It Happen!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 17, 2012, 12:24:20 PM

I think people are unaware of how much this guy's stock has increased over the last month. People keep saying not at 5 must not be aware that Kuechly has been moved into the top 10 on just about every draft site's big board over the last few weeks. I've seen him rated from #7 to #9 almost everywhere now. Not at all a reach at #5. Not anymore.
What draft sites do you follow? I enjoy looking at mock drafts, but I realize that anybody can create a site and post a mock. This site lists many mocks:

http://hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

I looked at several recent mocks, and I see Kuechly almost unanimously going to the Eagles at #15. Like I said, what kind of faith to put in these mocks, I don't know, but could you list some of the sites that Kuechly in the top 10? I'd like to see who they have projected to fall out of the top 10.

I didn't say mocks, I said big boards, where they ranked players based on their talent grades, not where they think they will land. Mock drafts are usually designed to reflect team needs, which are never truly accurate until after FA. Big boards reflect where a player stacks up against the rest of the talent in the draft.

Walterfootball has Kuechly ranked 7th
Drafttek has him ranked 8th
Scouts Inc. has him ranked 8th
Have you seen him play?  And if so, what was your impression.  I watched a game and a bunch of online video and reading - I am missing it...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 17, 2012, 01:06:51 PM

We don't need another rookie LB.

Our LB's were out of place all season and I'm sure Schiano/Davis saw that watching tape.

Our LB's are fast, athletic, and seasoned enough that Schiano may not think it's as big a hole as some of you are making.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 17, 2012, 01:36:49 PM

I think people are unaware of how much this guy's stock has increased over the last month. People keep saying not at 5 must not be aware that Kuechly has been moved into the top 10 on just about every draft site's big board over the last few weeks. I've seen him rated from #7 to #9 almost everywhere now. Not at all a reach at #5. Not anymore.
What draft sites do you follow? I enjoy looking at mock drafts, but I realize that anybody can create a site and post a mock. This site lists many mocks:

http://hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

I looked at several recent mocks, and I see Kuechly almost unanimously going to the Eagles at #15. Like I said, what kind of faith to put in these mocks, I don't know, but could you list some of the sites that Kuechly in the top 10? I'd like to see who they have projected to fall out of the top 10.

I didn't say mocks, I said big boards, where they ranked players based on their talent grades, not where they think they will land. Mock drafts are usually designed to reflect team needs, which are never truly accurate until after FA. Big boards reflect where a player stacks up against the rest of the talent in the draft.

Walterfootball has Kuechly ranked 7th
Drafttek has him ranked 8th
Scouts Inc. has him ranked 8th
Have you seen him play?  And if so, what was your impression.  I watched a game and a bunch of online video and reading - I am missing it...

I have seen him play on youtube videos, never in person. Don't follow the Big East too much, except for a few USF games. I have seen Manti Te'o play in person, and Kuechly and him have a similar skillset. From what I see, he is extremely solid. He has plus skill at diagnosing plays and fighting threw traffic to make a tackle. He has good speed, is solid in coverage, and showed plus athleticism at the combine, which suggests he actually has room to improve.

Where he is lacking is in his blitzing skills. His sack numbers are pretty low. But his TFL numbers are on par or better than a lot of other top-notch MLB's, so it's not really a matter of him not being able to play downhill. Probably more a reflection of how he was used than it is anything else.

#18 : March 17, 2012, 02:00:51 PM

Our LB's were out of place all season and I'm sure Schiano/Davis saw that watching tape.

Our LB's are fast, athletic, and seasoned enough that Schiano may not think it's as big a hole as some of you are making.

The new coaching staff thinks the problems on the defensive are correctable.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 17, 2012, 02:14:25 PM

The new coaching staff thinks the problems on the defensive are correctable.
And they are.

Raheem was no slouch at scouting players. The problem wasn't the players.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 17, 2012, 02:16:41 PM

There's no way he's drafted @5. Only way we draft him is with a trade down. Which is possible.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : March 18, 2012, 03:35:38 AM

He's worth the 5th pick.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 18, 2012, 10:09:12 AM

i really don't want to plug a rookie in at LB.  Count me in with those that want a vet MLB and move Foster to OLB to kill two birds with one stone. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 18, 2012, 10:17:37 AM

I have seen him play on youtube videos, never in person. Don't follow the Big East too much, except for a few USF games. I have seen Manti Te'o play in person, and Kuechly and him have a similar skillset. From what I see, he is extremely solid. He has plus skill at diagnosing plays and fighting threw traffic to make a tackle. He has good speed, is solid in coverage, and showed plus athleticism at the combine, which suggests he actually has room to improve.

Where he is lacking is in his blitzing skills. His sack numbers are pretty low. But his TFL numbers are on par or better than a lot of other top-notch MLB's, so it's not really a matter of him not being able to play downhill. Probably more a reflection of how he was used than it is anything else.
I'm missing the NFL physical side.  I probably look for tough side more than some - but I don't see that in Kuechly... well, Schiano & co will know...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 18, 2012, 10:49:53 AM

Hightower-44 games, 234 tackles, 21 TFL, 1 INT, 2 FF.

Kuechly-38 games, 532 tackles, 35.5 TFL, 7 INT, 2 FF.

in fact Hightower's TFL total is among the lowest of the MLB prospects.  as is his tackle total.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 18, 2012, 10:55:39 AM

S & B - have you seen enough of Kuechly's play in his college games to say he is properly slotted in the top 10 or 20 picks?  I saw most of one game, and highlights on line.   I have a hard time looking at Big East football and saying there's a pro... let alone a top 10 or 20 pick. Have you seen enough to do that?  Especially the physical side..

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 18, 2012, 10:58:38 AM

ive seen several.  BC games are on TV here like UF games are in Tampa.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 18, 2012, 11:02:13 AM

ive seen several.  BC games are on TV here like UF games are in Tampa.
and... can you expand on what you've seen as I just don't see what others see with the Urlacher comparisons, the top ten ranking.. and most of what I don't see is the physical presence a good NFL MLB gives. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 18, 2012, 11:07:17 AM

is BJ Raji tough enough?  how about Chris Snee or Dan Koppen?  Trueblood might suck but noone questions his toughness.  How about Kiwanuka?  anyone dare question Herzlich's toughness.  How about Castonzo or Marc Colombo?  Was Hovan tough enough?  How about Pete Kendall?  How about Damien Woody?  BC produces solid NFL talent.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 18, 2012, 11:19:21 AM

S & B - I'm not attacking the young man.  I am asking have you seen enough of his play in college to believe he is or can be a stud in the Sunday league.  I am not looking for a whose who of the big east or Boston College for crying out loud.  If you think yes - great - and if you don't or don't feel comfortable say yes that is all I am asking.  I have seen his football sense in my limited viewing of Kuechly's play.  I haven't seen the physical side.  So the question to you - or anyone else who is comfortable with a knowing response - is this young man properly slotted in the top 10 or 20 as a NFL MLB based upon physical play? 

Ad if you don't wish to respond that is fine as well S & B. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kuechly Is The Pick......Dom Make It Happen!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools