Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kuechly Is The Pick......Dom Make It Happen!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 18, 2012, 11:27:17 AM

obviously I'm nothing more than just some dude on the internet but yes I believe he is more than physical enough and still has a lot of upside.  would you consider DTG, a guy who actually played defense in the NFL, to be a good judge of talent?  I do.  At least better than anyone else on this board and he loves Kuechly.  only reason why I brought up all the current BC alumni playing in this league is there are a lot of posters on this board that have a huge SEC bias and have little respect for the talent that comes out of other conferences.  BC produces good NFL talent practically every year, especially on the OL, and one thing you cant say about them is they aren't tough or physical enough.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : March 18, 2012, 11:29:19 AM

obviously I'm nothing more than just some dude on the internet

But you've had your picture taken with many stars in a wax museum.   That has to carry some kind of clout. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 18, 2012, 11:31:47 AM

agreed Java.  it should.  I mean Joe frickin Montana was one of them.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 18, 2012, 11:33:23 AM

I don't think you posted the Montana one.   But yes, that would make you more of an authority than a guy who didn't get their picture taken with the wax Joe.

There are certain things that indicate that you are an expert on a subject.   And the number of wax figures you have your picture taken with is one of those measuring factors.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#34 : March 18, 2012, 12:07:56 PM

not at 5 hes not..if we do want him we'd have to trade down. too big of a stretch at 5..id still rather have claiborne or richardson..but yes our LB core does need some improving no doubt
I am so sick of hearing not a 5! It's about how good the player is and not where he is drafted. So you are saying that drafting a MLB that is an every down player who can run our entire defense, is a tackling machine, has All Pro ability and fills our highest position of need is not worth the #5 pick? lol
: March 18, 2012, 12:20:55 PM TB-BucFan4Life

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 18, 2012, 12:15:03 PM

obviously I'm nothing more than just some dude on the internet but yes I believe he is more than physical enough and still has a lot of upside.  would you consider DTG, a guy who actually played defense in the NFL, to be a good judge of talent?  I do.  At least better than anyone else on this board and he loves Kuechly.  only reason why I brought up all the current BC alumni playing in this league is there are a lot of posters on this board that have a huge SEC bias and have little respect for the talent that comes out of other conferences.  BC produces good NFL talent practically every year, especially on the OL, and one thing you cant say about them is they aren't tough or physical enough.
I have asked DTG and either missed the response or he didn't respond.  I have also asked a lot of other folks - some of which have been very high on him, and others who shake their head.  Too damned many of the negative folks compared Kuechly to Ruud...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#36 : March 18, 2012, 12:19:13 PM

People are still caught up in the old CBA, and haven't adjusted to the rookie wage scale, which IMO, changes position value. You're paying a player about 45% of the old CBA wage s scale; there's not so much money invested into rookies. Most web sites have Kuechly rated as the 8th BPA. Is he that much of a reach at 5...

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 18, 2012, 12:25:05 PM

DTG says he "is a pure football player".  kind of a ambiguous statement I know but I don't think its something one would say about a defensive player if he was lacking in the physicality department.  **CENSORED** Butkus, arguably the toughest LB to ever play the game, has said similar things about him.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 18, 2012, 12:33:22 PM

not at 5 hes not..if we do want him we'd have to trade down. too big of a stretch at 5..id still rather have claiborne or richardson..but yes our LB core does need some improving no doubt
I am so sick of hearing not a 5! It's about how good the player is and not where he is drafted. So you are saying that drafting a MLB that is an every down player who can run our entire defense, is a tackling machine, has All Pro ability and fills our highest position of need is not worth the #5 pick? lol
If his name was Patrick WIllis, it would be a no-brainer. I'll be interested to see where Kuechly gets drafted. Lots of Kuechly fans on this forum. Wonder where he is on the NFL draft boards...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 18, 2012, 12:36:20 PM

keep in mind he actually has a year of eligibility left and isnt done developing.  Look at the difference in him since 2009:

: March 18, 2012, 12:39:52 PM Skull and Bones

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : March 18, 2012, 12:40:18 PM

Saying he isn't worth the 5th pick because he is a MLB is stupid. With the rookie wage cap, position really isn't as important as it once was. What matters is how the Bucs have him rated. If they truly believe he will be a top 5 MLB in this league, then he is without a doubt worth the 5th overall pick. I wouldn't be completely against it. They guy does seem promising. Personally I'd like to try and trade waaaay back into the late 1st and pick up as many picks as possible in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Double up at LB with Lavonte David and Mychal Kendricks.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 18, 2012, 12:43:53 PM

Thanks S & B - appreciate the candid comments

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 18, 2012, 12:43:54 PM

here you go Java

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 18, 2012, 12:47:26 PM

here you go Java

That verifies it.    Under your screen name it should read "Football Expert".

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 18, 2012, 12:47:30 PM

Yes. You again have to factor in that there are other players who have similar grades. Look at how the league doesn't care about LB's in particular 4-3 LB's. He's not a great coverage player - good not great- so his best asset is only if we play teams so bad that they will run, run and run some more. Frankly, you should beat the JAX type offenses of the world. Does he really help us get by NO? An ATL team that as Turner gaes is going more and more to the air? a CAR team built on a very non-traditional running game where his lack of speed is more of an issue? Sorry, not a fit for what the NFL is now.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kuechly Is The Pick......Dom Make It Happen!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools