Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why not Blackmon? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 17, 2012, 01:31:25 PM

B/c Claiborn played in the sec is why you don't draft Blackmon

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 17, 2012, 01:35:50 PM

The single BIGGEST MISTAKE teams can make in the first round is drafting based on need.

Bucs have made this mistake countless times.

You should create your board and rate the players. If Blackmon is there, and you have him rated ahead of Claiborne or Richardson - its a no brainer. You pick Blackmon or trade down. Even if you already have 3 V Jax.

End of story.

I disagree with this. The Bucs have drafted off of need the last couple drafts and we have put together a pretty young talented team. The only time you go off of best available is if you have so called can't miss elite prospects (AKA an Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis, Etc) and the only prospects in this draft like that are Kalil and Luck.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 17, 2012, 01:37:30 PM

The single BIGGEST MISTAKE teams can make in the first round is drafting based on need.

You should create your board and rate the players. If Blackmon is there, and you have him rated ahead of Claiborne or Richardson - its a no brainer. You pick Blackmon or trade down. Even if you already have 3 V Jax.

End of story.
Get the hell out of here, Blackmon is not rated ahead of Claiborne and Richardson.

So Claiborne and Richardson is not only are rated higher but they fits a need.

End of story as you might say.

Dude, you are the biggest f'ing blow hard know it all on this board. Read my post / I said IF the Bucs have Blackmon rated higher, that's who they should pick.

Have you seen their draft board? Have you been in their war room. How the hell do you know who they have rated higher?

Just **CENSORED** the f up. You don't know Shiite. You have a worthless opinion like everyone else.

I don't care who they pick. As long as its the player they have rated highest. Yep, end of story.

Bucsfan79

Second String

#18 : March 17, 2012, 01:49:02 PM

I disagree with this. The Bucs have drafted off of need the last couple drafts and we have put together a pretty young talented team. The only time you go off of best available is if you have so called can't miss elite prospects (AKA an Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis, Etc) and the only prospects in this draft like that are Kalil and Luck.

Didn't we pass on AP, because we had Caddy that year? I was ALL over AP, and Gruden pretended to be interested in AP as well. But I don't think Blackmon is any better than Caliborne, so if they are equal, you do draft the need. I am not a fan of TR...sorry

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 17, 2012, 01:50:16 PM

I know this is a **CENSORED** move but, you mad bro?

End of story 2.0

traew01

Pro Bowler

#20 : March 17, 2012, 02:00:41 PM

This is going to be the longest month of my life.

smithcar

Starter

#21 : March 17, 2012, 02:39:38 PM

I would love to get Blackmon, but Claiborne and Richardson are bigger needs and both special

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 17, 2012, 02:42:50 PM

Only way we draft Blackmon is if Claiborne and Kalil are both gone and we signed Tolbert and a starting LB. Then traded Benn. If we did that I'd be cool with a Blackmon Pick.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 17, 2012, 02:49:16 PM

End of story.
Get the hell out of here, Blackmon is not rated ahead of Claiborne and Richardson.

Dude, you are the biggest f'ing blow hard know it all on this board. Read my post / I said IF the Bucs have Blackmon rated higher, that's who they should pick.

Have you seen their draft board? Have you been in their war room. How the hell do you know who they have rated higher?

Just **CENSORED** the f up. You don't know Shiite. You have a worthless opinion like everyone else.

I don't care who they pick. As long as its the player they have rated highest. Yep, end of story.

I'm dying to know what the censored word here is.

Funk the f up?
Sh1t the f up?
B1tch the f up?

The possibilities are endless, really.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#24 : March 17, 2012, 02:56:03 PM

End of story.

I'm dying to know what the censored word here is.

Funk the f up?
Sh1t the f up?
B1tch the f up?

The possibilities are endless, really.

I was typing shut the fudge up. Blame the iPhone.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 17, 2012, 03:00:27 PM

I don't want Blackmon , but I do want him to be on the board when our selection comes up....he will present a good oppurtunity to trade back with a team desperate for a #1 WR.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 17, 2012, 03:05:09 PM

I don't want Blackmon , but I do want him to be on the board when our selection comes up....he will present a good oppurtunity to trade back with a team desperate for a #1 WR.

Yes good point. I haven't seen a scenario in the draft that I haven't liked. That is rare too for Buc fans.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 17, 2012, 03:06:40 PM

Yes good point. I haven't seen a scenario in the draft that I haven't liked. That is rare too for Buc fans.

Yep!  Alot of things going our way so far this off-season.  Lets hope it continues come April

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 17, 2012, 03:17:20 PM

....This topic is absolutely asinine.

Lets go grab a WR in the top 5 when we just got a 55,555,555 million dollar WR in free agency. Stupidity knows no bounds for some fans.

nick777777

Starter
#29 : March 17, 2012, 03:26:36 PM

Why is it stupid?  V Jax is 29 years old meaning he probably will give us a couple more good years at most lets say 5 which is the length of his contract.   You draft a young stud wide out to learn under him and then grow into a number one when V jax leaves,  Is it stupid of the NY giants when they keep drafting D linemen?  No in fact the more power you have the more trade bait you have.  A 3 wide receiver set of V jax, Blackmon, and Williams would be almost unstoppable.  Now do I see it happening?  Probably not.  But to call it stupid to stock up on talent is a stretch.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why not Blackmon? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools