Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: random thoughts « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: March 17, 2012, 01:02:45 PM

Claiborn should be #1 on our draft board. He fills a bigger need at cb and he's damn good. The draft is deep with good rb's who can come in and produce right away.
I'm not sold on drafting a lb at 5 or a wr. If Claiborn is on the board, we can't pass him up.

Our lb's are fine. I think Schiano/Davis can do something with that unit. They were out of place and out of position last year with wide eyes. When you see rookie lb's come into the right system and thrive, you know you have a good coaching staff. I wouldn't mind seeing a player like Lofton in that bunch but if he isn't, I support whatever coach thinks is best for his plan.

Speaking of Lofton. Why the roller coaster of emotions? Dom did the right thing and pounced on him at the start of free agency and made an offer. I'm sure that came with a time frame and I'm sure Lofton is conducting his business to maximize his earnings. Who cares if he takes his time? It's the offseason.

Freeman should finish next season as a top 6 qb. He didn't take the offseason off and seems determined to prove last season was a fluke. Having Eli Mannings qb coach working with him in the offseason and throughout the season can only do him good. After last season. There is only way for him to go.
VJax is a threat mores ways than one and the idea of Mike Williams working underneath 'one on one' is blissful.
We are set at wr and the idea of drafting Blackmon is not smart.

I love nothing more than a good falcons meltdown and reading their board lately has been good for the soul.

: March 17, 2012, 02:16:17 PM radioraheem

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#1 : March 17, 2012, 01:14:26 PM

I stopped reading after our lbs are fine. Far from. Id say thats our biggest hole. Only lb on the roster worth a Damn and purely based on potential is foster.

Go Bucs

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 17, 2012, 01:16:16 PM

I stopped reading after our lbs are fine. Far from. Id say thats our biggest hole. Only lb on the roster worth a Damn and purely based on potential is foster.

Agree. Our LB are far from fine.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#3 : March 17, 2012, 01:22:32 PM

Just sucks we dont have the cap spaasce to sign a tulloch or hawthorne or lofton. If so just barely & we still have too many other needs. & as much as id like to trade down and get a lb in the draft..Richardson or Claiborne would have a more immediate impact.

Go Bucs

bashear

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 17, 2012, 01:22:38 PM

It's hard to tell what we have on the roster after last season, but I'm more concerned about our LBs than the OP.

The OP also states that Freeman should be a top 6 QB. while I would be stunned if he is. First, he's not shown that he will ever be a top 6 QB in the league, and, while it's feasible he does have the talent to be one, I don't get the idea that the QB in Schiano's offense will ever be a top 6 QB.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 17, 2012, 01:25:03 PM

Agree. Our LB are far from fine.

+2

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 17, 2012, 01:26:20 PM

"biggest hole"?

That means we should have gave Lofton what he wanted or we spend our 5th pick on a LB.

The fact that the position is still Fosters say's Schiano and Davis don't see red flags when they look at that unit.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 17, 2012, 01:27:47 PM

It's hard to tell what we have on the roster after last season, but I'm more concerned about our LBs than the OP.

The OP also states that Freeman should be a top 6 QB. while I would be stunned if he is. First, he's not shown that he will ever be a top 6 QB in the league, and, while it's feasible he does have the talent to be one, I don't get the idea that the QB in Schiano's offense will ever be a top 6 QB.
? I thought he proved he can be in in his 1st full season as a starter.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#8 : March 17, 2012, 01:31:44 PM

Eh after his 2010 season he was well on pace to be. His 27 tds and 6 picks was top 10 all time td/int ratio. But obviously after last year nowhere close.

Go Bucs

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 17, 2012, 01:32:32 PM

Just sucks we dont have the cap spaasce to sign a tulloch or hawthorne or lofton. If so just barely & we still have too many other needs. & as much as id like to trade down and get a lb in the draft..Richardson or Claiborne would have a more immediate impact.

Says who?

bashear

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 17, 2012, 01:33:41 PM

"biggest hole"?

That means we should have gave Lofton what he wanted or we spend our 5th pick on a LB.

The fact that the position is still Fosters say's Schiano and Davis don't see red flags when they look at that unit.
It'll be interesting to see what happens with the LB crew, but I wouldn't take it as gospel that the Bucs plan on having Foster at MLB. This is FA and draft time, and the Bucs could be playing games with their public comments. For example, the Bucs might be veryinterested in signing a MLB FA, but don't want to seem desperate to do so, thereby giving leverage to the FA MLBs out there.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 17, 2012, 01:34:13 PM

They have the space. They are just trying to sign a LB for the right price so they are waiting for the market to settle.

@wreck ship- they had to sign Vjack and Nicks because they didnt want to let them get into bidding wars. They got them in quick and got the deals done. They tried to do the same with Lofton but his asking price was way over what they were willing to pay. Problem with the draft as well is that there is no LB worth taking in the top 5. They will have to draft one later. Thing is that this year isn't very LB friendly. Free agency and draft. None of them are great but serviceable. Serviceable is better than what we got but still you don't want to be desperate and make a move you'll end up regretting. The bucs will fix the LB position but will do it when the time/price is right.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 17, 2012, 01:34:22 PM

"biggest hole"?

No, it says they are fine with Foster, NOT THE WHOLE UNIT.

Our LB Corp is Q.Black, Watson, Foster, Haywood and that is it. QB= suck, Watson= ?? Haywood= backup and Foster= more potential and better fit at Will.

Do we draft a LB at 5? No, but if we can add any more picks by trading down and use those on LB then you do it.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#13 : March 17, 2012, 01:35:08 PM

"biggest hole"?

Like I said fosters the only keeper. What's a bigger hole please enlighten me. Only arguable one imho is 3rd down rb cause blount can't block or catch

Go Bucs

blackfoot

Second String
#14 : March 17, 2012, 01:36:40 PM

We have address either LB or RB in FA.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: random thoughts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools