Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So WTF happened to Buc's Heaven? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

abucsfan

Starter

: March 17, 2012, 05:01:48 PM

So I only manage to get back to Tampa Bay once a year and this year decided to refill my closet with Buc's gear and stopped by my favorite shop -  Buc's Heaven on Florida Avenue.  I saw a sign stating that they moved to East Busch Blvd and so I re-set my Garmin.  Wow a little bitty store in a strip center and virtually no Buc's gear in size XL.  True they were just moving in but how can a great store like that fall on hard times?  I said " this is the result of one lousy season?"  "nope"  the clerk said - "we've had a few lousy seasons".  Man what happened to folks wearing Buc's colors?  I had several folks beep at me with my Michigan Bucs tag and saw a bunch of Florida Buc's tags.  Are you all sure you're Buc's fans?  It was like trying to find Lion's gear in the Detroit area although that's only now beginning to show up here in Motown.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 17, 2012, 07:15:58 PM

I could not afford a $70 Bucs shirt.  That's food for a week these days....and I'm in good shape.  There are others, I should say many, who are not in that good shape....just saying....Tampa's unemployment rate is still higher than the national average and the salaries are well below their even already low ranges.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 17, 2012, 07:21:07 PM

I could not afford a $70 Bucs shirt.  That's food for a week these days....and I'm in good shape.  There are others, I should say many, who are not in that good shape....just saying....Tampa's unemployment rate is still higher than the national average and the salaries are well below their even already low ranges.
70 dollars for a week? Who are you feeding? I could probably spend that and hardly eat for a week.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : March 17, 2012, 09:48:54 PM

70 dollars for a week? Who are you feeding? I could probably spend that and hardly eat for a week.

I spend that much on food every day.   At the most, 2 days.   I'm not sure how it's possible to only spend $70 a month on food.   

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 17, 2012, 09:54:19 PM

I spend that much on food every day.   At the most, 2 days.   I'm not sure how it's possible to only spend $70 a month on food.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 18, 2012, 12:01:06 AM

The problem with that Ramen is I'm too lazy to cook.   I go to a restaurant for every meal.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 18, 2012, 12:02:43 AM

Getting back on topic.    Bucs Heaven was a good idea and it had a lot of good unique merchandise, but I always felt the prices were too high there.   

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 18, 2012, 09:52:05 AM

Neil's decisions, the economy, poor bucs play - geez Abuccs - this isn't news including Neil's decision to sell PR losing his major advertising link to buc fans

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 18, 2012, 05:07:46 PM

70 a week ?  For just yourself lady? Damn.  It's about 250--350 a week here to feed four, but in Tampa I felt bad if I spent 150 to do that.  You eatin' T-bones every night or something?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 18, 2012, 08:10:32 PM

I just calculated that I spend about $350 a week on food.    It looks like I could save 1000 a month on food if I started eating at home.   Maybe i should do that.     

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 24, 2012, 11:13:24 PM

are you overweight?

That's all relative.   $350 a week isn't that much really.   That's only $50 a day.    Considering how much I like sushi and how much it costs here, that adds up quickly.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 24, 2012, 11:40:40 PM

so thats a yes then?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 25, 2012, 02:23:53 AM

Well, I'm 5 feet tall and weigh 500 pounds.   But it's mostly muscle.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 25, 2012, 04:24:13 PM

lol - you are a mess in more ways than one evidently..

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 26, 2012, 05:47:05 AM

I could easily live on 70 a week for food. I spent right around 100 tonight at Publix for everything except meat, I buy that every couple of weeks at Surf n Turf for another 50-70. I don't buy junk food and I suppose I save a lot of money on drinks considering I drink mostly water...but 70 a week can easily be done.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So WTF happened to Buc's Heaven? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools