Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “no one” wants to join the Dolphins « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : March 18, 2012, 11:24:23 PM »

Ryan Clark says “no one” wants to join the Dolphins

Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2012, 10:38 PM EDT

PFT

Getty Images

So why are the Dolphins having a hard time luring free agents to South Beach?  Steelers safety Ryan Clark has a theory.

After Clark congratulated quarterback Matt Flynn on joining the Seahawks via Twitter, one of Clark’s followers writes that “NO ONE wants to go to the Dolphins!”  Clark responds by saying, “No one!  To believe I almost went there but it was easy decision not to.”

Clark was referring to his decision in 2010 to stay with the Steelers in lieu of joining the Dolphins.

So what’s the issue?  Clark later says, “It’s my honest opinion. Not a good guy making decisions.”

Here’s referring, presumably, to G.M. Jeff Ireland.

Clark didn’t specifically say whether other players share his opinion, but it’s implied in the “No one!” tweet.

If it’s true, the Dolphins need to find a way to fix the situation.  If it’s not true, the Dolphins need to find a way to reverse a false perception.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 18, 2012, 11:55:16 PM »

You have to think there is something to it.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 18, 2012, 11:58:30 PM »

Should've just said

"It smells like fish down there.."

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

geetech84

Starter

« #3 : March 19, 2012, 12:01:20 AM »

Well that good I guess, That how the Buc's was for a couple years, under Raheem Morris ..No top FA wanted to come join the Buc's..

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

« #4 : March 19, 2012, 12:06:23 AM »

Well that good I guess, That how the Buc's was for a couple years, under Raheem Morris ..No top FA wanted to come join the Buc's..

it wasn't cuz of RAH
« : March 19, 2012, 09:03:11 AM 3rd String Kicker »

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #5 : March 19, 2012, 12:33:15 AM »

It was because of the Glazers....

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #6 : March 19, 2012, 12:56:17 AM »

Ross is rumored to be an ass. That's probably part of the problem. And isn't Jeff Ireland (Phins GM) the one that asked those weird interview questions? Something like asking Dez Bryant about his mother being a prostitute?

It's not money. Ross is willing to write a check to anyone. It's something else that keeping FA's away.

geetech84

Starter

« #7 : March 19, 2012, 01:00:19 AM »

it wasn't cuz of RAH moron

Ok,not all of it, some was on the owners..All the top FA,that the Buc's was looking at to bring in under Raheem, choose other teams..no matter how much money Buc's was welling to pay..

"Remember Haynesworth, 100 Million contract, only two teams was welling to pay that, Buc's and the Redskins, he choose the Redskins" (thank god) and what about last year.top CB Asomugha???
When Morris was head coach, FAs came in for a visit, but left to sign somewhere else. Blame the owners,but you got to blame to the coach too..

"I'm just saying when you look at the big picture, yes people call the owners cheap, cause the lack of top FAs. signing..But if you don't have a coach, that can make other's see his vision,his plan,and believe in them, it would be hard to sign any FA..

Maybe Morris couldn't sell,his vision on how he wanted this team to be..Cause it looks to me, that Greg Schiano can.. I highly doubt we would of sign Nicks, if Morris was still head coach. he probably would of sign with Eagles or resign back with the Saints..and Wright, well he didn't come here last year under Morris, he probably would of sign somewhere else,if Morris was still head coach.. and V.Jacksons probably would of sign with the 49ers or some other team."
« : March 19, 2012, 02:49:38 AM geetech84 »

gone

Hall of Famer
« #8 : March 19, 2012, 01:58:16 AM »

Too many people just won't admit just what a complete and utter joke of a coach Raheem was. 

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #9 : March 19, 2012, 07:48:28 AM »

Part of it is certainly Ireland.   Ross is the issue moreso...

I think another issue is the division the play in...  tough road. 

Philbin has the toughest HC job in the NFL.   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #10 : March 19, 2012, 08:02:10 AM »

Apparently Reggie Bush didn't get the memo last season ??

People were saying before this offseason that " no one wants to come to Tampa" , and I said that was bull**CENSORED**. I was right. People want to go to whoever shows them the most love and offers them the best deal. We offered the best deals this offseason , and the free agents flocked here. Money talks. I'm sure it's the same in Miami.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #11 : March 19, 2012, 08:07:32 AM »

I'd say Ross is infamous for saying one thing and doing another...

Amateur hour...    probably what Manning picked up on.....

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #12 : March 19, 2012, 08:55:25 AM »

Should've just said

better than smelling like cologne

graypilgrim

Starter

« #13 : March 19, 2012, 09:54:34 AM »

Should've just said

better than smelling like cologne

Depends what cologne you use.

tanardtokerjackson

Second String

« #14 : March 19, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »

Gotta love celebrity owners.  Is it true they have a red carpet every home game for all the celebrity minority owners? 
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “no one” wants to join the Dolphins « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools