Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zach Brown (OLB North Carolina) in the second? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

aquilus

Pro Bowler

: March 19, 2012, 10:34:35 AM

The skinny is the guy is undersized but VERY athletic and extremely fast.
He was secind at North Caolina in tackles last year (72) and he is decent in the passing games

He has technique issues to work on and is raw but if you have a set of cauches that can develop this kid into a tackler and someone who can read and react he might be one of the steals in the draft

I am impressed with the kid from what I hear

MasterC25

Starter
#1 : March 19, 2012, 10:45:50 AM

More of an athlete than football player. He is closer to Geno Hayes than Derrick Brooks. He has the physical abilities of a top 10 pick but the football instincts of a 4th-5th rounder.

Pass!

Depending on who would still be on the board, I would even pass on him in the 3rd round.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#2 : March 19, 2012, 10:51:33 AM

More of an athlete than football player. He is closer to Geno Hayes than Derrick Brooks. He has the physical abilities of a top 10 pick but the football instincts of a 4th-5th rounder.

Pass!

Depending on who would still be on the board, I would even pass on him in the 3rd round.

He has a ton of upside if he is coached properly...his technique is raw but what he lacks in coach able aspects he does possess in attributes you cannot coach

For that he might be off the board BEFORE the Bucs second rounder even going before LAVONTE DAVID

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 19, 2012, 11:01:31 AM

IIRC he had a  teammate(s), I want to say Bruce Carter, who criticized his work ethic or maturity.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 19, 2012, 11:16:14 AM

NO NO NO

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#5 : March 19, 2012, 11:16:58 AM

NO NO NO

QFT.

There are a handful of LBs Id rather take in R2. Top 2 being Kendricks or David.

MasterC25

Starter
#6 : March 19, 2012, 11:59:15 AM

Pass!

He has a ton of upside if he is coached properly...his technique is raw but what he lacks in coach able aspects he does possess in attributes you cannot coach

For that he might be off the board BEFORE the Bucs second rounder even going before LAVONTE DAVID

I have serious doubts he is off the board by the end of the 2nd round

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 19, 2012, 12:01:21 PM

I want Doug Martin in round 2.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 19, 2012, 02:34:42 PM

hes not undersized at all. i dont know where that is coming from. he measured 6 1 1/2 240 at the combine. physically gifted player. very raw and not consistent. sometimes his instincts are outstanding and he sniffs out the play immediately, others he might as well be staring at the clouds. someone will take a flier on him in the 2nd based on potential

TowMater69

Second String

#9 : March 19, 2012, 03:03:12 PM

No to Zach Brown, he is a mixture of Geno and Quincy.   Take Doug Martin and then best LB in 3rd round. . .

traew01

Pro Bowler

#10 : March 19, 2012, 03:19:32 PM

This is definitely what is frustrating me regarding the Bucs not addressing the LB position in free agency.

They are going to get to the draft and feel a pressure to reach for a LB in the early rounds - when instead they could be getting guys like a Doug Martin.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#11 : March 19, 2012, 03:45:30 PM

No instincts at all, he is the epitome of "looks like Tarzan , plays like Jane" Very weak at the point of attack, bad angles, can't shed a block and gets lost in wash. When people say "watch the tape and ignore the combine" they all are thinking of Brown.

We are going to be in a jam if David and Martin are both there @ 36

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 19, 2012, 04:54:59 PM

No instincts at all, he is the epitome of "looks like Tarzan , plays like Jane" Very weak at the point of attack, bad angles, can't shed a block and gets lost in wash. When people say "watch the tape and ignore the combine" they all are thinking of Brown.

We are going to be in a jam if David and Martin are both there @ 36

well be ready to get in a jam. im pretty sure they both will be. id be willing to bet money on that

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#13 : March 19, 2012, 05:44:06 PM

no jam.  you take Martin.  he's a better NFL prospect than David is.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 19, 2012, 05:48:40 PM

Butch Davis knows what this kid can do better than any of us. If we draft him it will be because Butch has given his stamp of apporival , and I'd have full confidence in that.

I don't buy the Geno Hayes comparison because he is much faster than Geno Hayes , and he is bigger at 240.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Zach Brown (OLB North Carolina) in the second? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools