Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lofton to sign with New Orleans « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

traew01

Pro Bowler

#15 : March 19, 2012, 08:22:22 PM

I just love how the powerhouse team in our division loses Nicks and quickly signs Grubbs - who is also a Pro Bowler. They re-sign Colston - who honestly is not much worse than Jackson. And now they may go out and sign Lofton. And this is on top of all the division leading talent they have....while also knowing they will have to pay Brees a fortune.

And fans here are ready to declare Dominik and the Glazers as the Second Coming because they finally unlocked Mark Dominik's chastity belt so that we could - god forbid - sign some star players. And even after those players were signed - we still sit 13 million under the cap without having to restructure a single deal. Plenty of room to improve this team further - and yet Dominik declares we are closed for business.

And yet New Orleans may find a way to sign Lofton.

Comical to me.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 19, 2012, 08:22:37 PM

Its too bad we didn't go after Dan Connor at first. Dan was as equally good as Tulloch and Lofton. He signed for 2 years, 6.5 million!

We could have easily doubled that and gave him 4+ years.

Dom really dropped the ball on that one.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 19, 2012, 08:33:28 PM

Comical to me.

Yes. You are sir.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 19, 2012, 08:41:18 PM

All this speculation from a dude that has 2 posts....awesome!!

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 19, 2012, 08:41:58 PM

I just love how the powerhouse team in our division loses Nicks and quickly signs Grubbs - who is also a Pro Bowler. They re-sign Colston - who honestly is not much worse than Jackson. And now they may go out and sign Lofton. And this is on top of all the division leading talent they have....while also knowing they will have to pay Brees a fortune.

And fans here are ready to declare Dominik and the Glazers as the Second Coming because they finally unlocked Mark Dominik's chastity belt so that we could - god forbid - sign some star players. And even after those players were signed - we still sit 13 million under the cap without having to restructure a single deal. Plenty of room to improve this team further - and yet Dominik declares we are closed for business.

Comical to me.
See my post in your other thread.

Sit down!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

bouconagain

Pro Bowler

#20 : March 19, 2012, 08:42:05 PM

Comical to me.

Yeah, it's definitely a good time to be a saints fan.  Nothing but blue skies on the horizon.

Also, if you're honestly complaining about the Bucs' spending in the first week of free agency and are not just trolling it up, you sir need to get used to disappointment.  This team can literally do nothing to make you happy.  But at least you're finding it comical.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#21 : March 19, 2012, 08:48:48 PM

When you reach the depths this team reached last season - and you put LITERALLY the WORST defense in FRANCHISE HISTORY on the field.... No, I am not happy that they have only added Eric Wright. Not happy at all. And none of you sheep should be either.

I swear I think some of you act like the Glazers money is your money.

Do you realize how woefully underfunded this franchise has been the last two years??? Adding some guys to go from 40 million under the cap to 13 million under the cap is a nice step in the right direction. But they have plenty of room left.

Being happy about one thing, and very unhappy about another, is not mutually exclusive. Am I supposed to just spin a congratulations thread over and over again congratulating them for finally spending money?? Or can I be honest, and offer my frustration over the lack of any help on the one area of this team that was beyond bad - it was horrific - the defense.

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#22 : March 19, 2012, 08:48:55 PM

This is disappointing.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 19, 2012, 08:51:30 PM

Dis broke mah heart.

...I can't stop it.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 19, 2012, 08:57:10 PM

Being happy about one thing, and very unhappy about another, is not mutually exclusive.

:-[

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 19, 2012, 09:03:21 PM

Oh well. Obvious he wants to go to a contender.

bouconagain

Pro Bowler

#26 : March 19, 2012, 09:03:32 PM

When you reach the depths this team reached last season - and you put LITERALLY the WORST defense in FRANCHISE HISTORY on the field.... No, I am not happy that they have only added Eric Wright. Not happy at all. And none of you sheep should be either.

I swear I think some of you act like the Glazers money is your money.

Do you realize how woefully underfunded this franchise has been the last two years??? Adding some guys to go from 40 million under the cap to 13 million under the cap is a nice step in the right direction. But they have plenty of room left.

Being happy about one thing, and very unhappy about another, is not mutually exclusive. Am I supposed to just spin a congratulations thread over and over again congratulating them for finally spending money?? Or can I be honest, and offer my frustration over the lack of any help on the one area of this team that was beyond bad - it was horrific - the defense.

Well, you pointed to the Saints signing Colston and Grubbs as evidence that the Saints doing things the right way.  The Bucs signed two superior players at exactly those positions.  So the Bucs win that free agency battle.

On defense, the Saints may have signed Lofton, who sat for a week after reportedly meeting with the Bucs, while the Bucs signed Wright on the first day.   Not much to criticize the Bucs for here, either.  Both LB and CB are positions of huge need for shoring up the crappy defense from last year.  Presumably the Bucs will either sign a MLB or will draft one, and will likely sign/draft another CB.  It's rare that any team can fill all of its holes in free agency, but complaining about the Bucs' lack of activity - and pointing to the Saints as an example of how it should be done - appears to 100% miss the mark.

In conclusion, you may set up all the straw men you wish, because this great country of ours allows you to do so, but let's not pretend you're being intellectually honest.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 19, 2012, 09:09:36 PM

I thought the Saints were at their cap ceiling, they are going to have to make cuts unless Lofton will take a pay cut.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#28 : March 19, 2012, 09:14:20 PM

Comical to me.

Yes. You are sir.
beat me to it

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 19, 2012, 09:17:10 PM

Does anyone on here realize the report on Lofton is not true?  Funny to read all the laments

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lofton to sign with New Orleans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools