Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dolphins to draft a QB "on which the club's future hopes will rest" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: March 20, 2012, 11:20:57 AM

The Miami Herald expects the Dolphins to draft a quarterback "on which the club's future hopes will rest."

In other words, there's a good chance the Dolphins will use the No. 8 pick on a signal caller. Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill is by far the most obvious candidate, though it's quite possible he'll be gone by the time Miami is on the clock. If Tannehill is indeed the Dolphins' target, they'll likely have to trade up to assure they (finally) get their man.

Related: Dolphins

Source: Miami Herald Mar 20 - 10:08 AM

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 20, 2012, 11:25:15 AM

I wonder if they coud be trade partners with the Bucs.

Dom did say he wasn't against trading his pick, and at #5 they'd certainly be able to draft RT.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 20, 2012, 11:32:17 AM

I see your point Benchwarmer. But why trade for #5 when you posibly could trade to #6?

The Rams told the NFL they arent looking for a replacement for Bradford when they traded out of the top 2, So its not like the Dolphins have to trade with us to get right ahead of a team that doesnt need a quarterback.

Personally Im hoping for Claiborne in the first and Doug Martin in the second. If Claiborne is gone I might be allright with trading down to 8 for the right price.

yungbull

Starter
#3 : March 20, 2012, 11:33:18 AM

As much as I want Claiborne at 5, I wouldn't mind trading back.  But I wonder who we'll select...maybe Kuechly or Barron??

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 20, 2012, 11:36:33 AM

Quick question, outside of Cleveland and Miami, which team are really looking at drafting a QB? If the Browns pass on Tannenhill at 4, what team is going to try a vault forward ahead of the Dolphins sitting at 8? I just can't see another QB needy team after all this QB movement over the last few days.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 20, 2012, 11:36:53 AM

As much as I want Claiborne at 5, I wouldn't mind trading back.  But I wonder who we'll select...maybe Kuechly or Barron??
I wouldnt mind Kuechly if we dont sign any linebackers.

If you mean Barron the Bama safety, that would be the biggest reach in recent years. He is projected to go in the end of the first at the highest.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 20, 2012, 11:41:20 AM

I wonder if they coud be trade partners with the Bucs.

Dom did say he wasn't against trading his pick, and at #5 they'd certainly be able to draft RT.

Minimum I'd take from Miami assuming Tannehill gets by Cleveland @4 is a swap of firsts this year, Miami's 3rd and next years #1.  I don't see the Phins making the deal though. Which team drafting behind Miami would be a threat to move up?  I don't see many trade back scenarios for the Bucs unless someone really want Blackmon, Richardson or a defensive player.

I'm really hoping that the Browns take Tannehill because that is going to leave either Claiborne or Kalil to the Bucs at 5

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 20, 2012, 11:42:33 AM

Quick question, outside of Cleveland and Miami, which team are really looking at drafting a QB? If the Browns pass on Tannenhill at 4, what team is going to try a vault forward ahead of the Dolphins sitting at 8? I just can't see another QB needy team after all this QB movement over the last few days.

The Cheifs...

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 20, 2012, 11:47:25 AM

My cousin, a big Dolphin's fan, seems to think the Dolphin's (based on whatever papers and sites there are for the Dolphins), are going to try and trade down into the 20's and take Weeden.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 20, 2012, 11:53:21 AM

The Cheifs...

Jacksonville - definitely
Arizona - maybe
Buffalo (perhaps) - though I think they're happy with Fitzpatrick.
Oakland - should be
Philadelphia - definitely

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 20, 2012, 11:57:20 AM

The Cheifs...

Arizona - maybe
Oakland - should be

The question is how much is Tannehill wanted, is he a must have QB or will teams settle for Weeden, Oswieler or Cousins in the second..

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 20, 2012, 12:02:33 PM

Make that deal Dom.

Trade back for Reiff, Poe or Jenkins.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 20, 2012, 12:07:30 PM

The Cheifs...

Arizona - maybe
Oakland - should be

The question is how much is Tannehill wanted, is he a must have QB or will teams settle for Weeden, Oswieler or Cousins in the second..

Don't know... we'll just have to wait and see.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 20, 2012, 12:49:01 PM

Make that deal Dom.

Trade back for Reiff, Poe or Jenkins.

Reiff maybe but no to Poe(workout warrior) and Jenkins(overrated and to much baggage) didn't we learn anything from Talib and Tanard yet. 

Now if you said Kuechly, Reiff or Krikpatrick then I'd agree with ya.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 20, 2012, 12:49:11 PM

Hey... crazier things have happened.  Lets hope they fall in love with the guy between now and the draft.   I would trade back with Miami in a heartbeat.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dolphins to draft a QB "on which the club's future hopes will rest" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools