Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TheDraftReport.com's latest mock: Bucs take Kalil « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GrimBrother2

Rookie

« : March 20, 2012, 01:10:52 PM »

Here's one mock that has Claiborne and Richardson going 3-4, and us taking Kalil.  Thoughts?

http://thedraftreport.com/

"5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Matt Kalil, OT, USC – If Claiborne and Richardson are off the board, look for the Bucs to become much more aggressive in trying to trade down.  If they were to stay here, though, it’s clear that the best value would be Kalil, who could start from Day 1 at left tackle and allow the team to move incumbent LT Donald Penn to the right side."

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 20, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »

Oh hellz yeah, that would be awesome.

Lumpy could be a 1,000 yard back with this type of blocking.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #2 : March 20, 2012, 01:13:11 PM »

If that's the way the draft fell, that's exactly what I would expect them to do.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

GrimBrother2

Rookie

« #3 : March 20, 2012, 01:26:05 PM »

If the Vikes are indeed just floating Claiborne around as a rumor, it's a weak attempt at enticing a trade offer.  Nobody's going to buy that.  If Minny ends up taking Kalil, then it's all about Cleveland...but what if THEY take Claiborne, even though they have Haden and could really use Richardson?  Things could get really interesting...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #4 : March 20, 2012, 01:28:55 PM »

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #5 : March 20, 2012, 01:29:06 PM »

If the Vikes are indeed just floating Claiborne around as a rumor, it's a weak attempt at enticing a trade offer.  Nobody's going to buy that.  If Minny ends up taking Kalil, then it's all about Cleveland...but what if THEY take Claiborne, even though they have Haden and could really use Richardson?  Things could get really interesting...
Their offense was trash last year. That pick is going offense for the Browns. They had a top 10 scoring defense FWIW.

GrimBrother2

Rookie

« #6 : March 20, 2012, 01:31:38 PM »

I completely agree.  The Browns would be much better served taking Richardson or Blackmon.  Would definitely makes things easier on us, instead of having to decide between Richardson and trying to frantically trade down.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
« #7 : March 20, 2012, 01:35:41 PM »

This wouldn't be a sexy pick but it would instantly make the Bucs OL one of the best in the NFL.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #8 : March 20, 2012, 01:38:52 PM »

you trade Penn then for a late 1st-early second.  Penn might be fat but I dont see him as a RT.  We could take Bobby Massie then or whoever.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #9 : March 20, 2012, 01:40:30 PM »

This.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
« #10 : March 20, 2012, 01:43:18 PM »

I wouldn't assume that Kalil immediately upgrades the OL. I seriously doubt he would be better at LT than Penn in his first season, if ever.

Sure, move Penn to RT. Only problem is it's a different position and one that he hasn't played in forever. His strength is pass protection, not run blocking, so very uncertain that that would work.

Or, you could move Kalil to RT. But, again, it would be a new position. Kalil isn't a massive RT type either. His strength is pass protection, not run blocking.

GrimBrother2

Rookie

« #11 : March 20, 2012, 01:44:03 PM »

Trading Penn for that high of a pick is great in theory, but it's much easier said than done.  Teams would know that he would then be expendable, and wouldn't be willing to come anywhere close to our asking price because they know we have Kalil now.  Not sure that's a real viable option.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : March 20, 2012, 01:45:53 PM »

you trade Penn then for a late 1st-early second.  Penn might be fat but I dont see him as a RT.  We could take Bobby Massie then or whoever.
Yeah, they need to do something although what if they DIDN'T. Let's say by that point Tulloch is gone as a FA. They'd probably need to sign a London Fletcher to play LB. What then in the second round? RB is the most logical option. But then the defense is being ignored big time.

In Verner We Trust

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

« #13 : March 20, 2012, 03:48:34 PM »

Why trade Penn? who are you going to get at that pick that's better than him? Especially the way Dominik drafts.

Move Kalil to RT. And yes, I'd take a top 5 pick on RT if it meant that our OLINE would be an elite unit for the next 5 years.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #14 : March 20, 2012, 03:53:26 PM »

if you have a better LT in Kalil why would you play someone else there?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TheDraftReport.com's latest mock: Bucs take Kalil « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools