Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TheDraftReport.com's latest mock: Bucs take Kalil « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 20, 2012, 04:24:30 PM

Vikings think we are actually stupid enough to fall for their smokescreen? If they want Claiborne, they can have him. We'd be happy with Kalil or Richardson.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 20, 2012, 04:27:30 PM

start Kalil at right then when he is ready make the switch. ...if we even get him. I still think Richardson is our guy.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 20, 2012, 04:32:52 PM

I really dont care what they do. We will get a pretty damn good player at 5.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 20, 2012, 04:42:55 PM

if you have a better LT in Kalil why would you play someone else there?
If Schiano keeps Penn in shape, he is better than Kalil. Kalil can be an elite right tackle and Penn can be an elite left tackle. There are only 4 players in this draft who are locks IMO as elite players. The two QBs, Kalil, and Blackmon.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 20, 2012, 04:49:33 PM

If Schiano keeps Penn in shape, he is better than Kalil. Kalil can be an elite right tackle and Penn can be an elite left tackle. There are only 4 players in this draft who are locks IMO as elite players. The two QBs, Kalil, and Blackmon.

If what you say is true, then Minnesota should just give Tampa their #3 overall pick for Penn.

Of course that will never happen, because Penn isn't close to the word "elite" unless we're talking about competitive eating.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 20, 2012, 05:20:35 PM

If Schiano keeps Penn in shape, he is better than Kalil
[citation needed]

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 20, 2012, 05:51:08 PM

Im on the same page with ya 40...other than Kalil being better than Penn.

I dont think it makes sense to draft Kalil then turn around and trade Penn...

I think the ideal situation would be Penn at LT and Kalil at RT just for '12. Kalil should be a lot better at RT than what T.B. was. I think that in his first year Kalil and Penn would probably merit the same results at LT but in 5 years Kalil could be 2X the LT that Penn has ever been. Penn could maybe get a third in a trade scenario...and then in that situation there is still a void at RT..(yes T.B. is a void.) So keep Penn at LT this year and then see what you can get for him next year that way you can fill the RT need next offseason when there arent still holes to worry about at CB, RB, 2 LB postions, S..etc.
: March 20, 2012, 06:29:53 PM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 20, 2012, 05:58:00 PM

If it's me...I try to trade down. If we can't find a trade partner...then take Kalil. You then play Kalil at RT until he can prove he's better than Penn...which may or may not happen. Penn is a very good LT but he's not an elite LT. Don't get me wrong...he's very good...but I wouldn't say he is going to be a Pro Bowler every year. I think Penn can make it once in a while...but he's not as dominant as a Pro Bowler should be (as evidenced but his two rough games late in the year). Many say Kalil is the best LT prospect and should be a bookend tackle for years. With that said, he would have to prove he's better and I don't see that happening right away. I think Penn could make the move to RT. Either way, even if Kalil ends up at RT...we'd have a sick o-line for years to come.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 20, 2012, 06:04:16 PM

Yep, and if the bucs get stuck with a potential elite LT of the future they will just have to get over it... LMAO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#24 : March 20, 2012, 06:15:07 PM

If what you say is true, then Minnesota should just give Tampa their #3 overall pick for Penn.

Of course that will never happen, because Penn isn't close to the word "elite" unless we're talking about competitive eating.
This Kalil kid must be good...he's got multiple probowls under his belt and and hasn't even played a game in the NFL...oh wait.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#25 : March 20, 2012, 06:18:01 PM

If Kalil is as "cant miss" a prospect as Kenyatta Walker was coming out of college, we'd be fools not to trade Penn.

geetech84

Starter

#26 : March 20, 2012, 06:37:12 PM

start Kalil at right then when he is ready make the switch. ...if we even get him. I still think Richardson is our guy.

Richardson I have a feeling the Browns is going to take him..no matter what.. :( The Vikes well,that's all a smokescreen, for the Fins to move up. But if Vikes can't move down,Kalil is their pick..

I really want Kalil or Richardson at 5..if they are not there,, I really hope the Buc's can move down, but not so far down. just far enough to get. LB. Luke Kuechly.

and maybe move back into the mid to late 1st ..to get either CB.Dre Kirkpatrick or Janoris Jenkins

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#27 : March 20, 2012, 06:49:30 PM

I'm really not for Kalil or Richardson....we have good starters at those positions while we have gaping holes in others.  If I had a house with no roof, my first priority is to get a roof...I don't care how good a deal I can get on the window treatments its just not as big a priority.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 20, 2012, 07:37:10 PM

I'm really not for Kalil or Richardson....we have good starters at those positions while we have gaping holes in others.  If I had a house with no roof, my first priority is to get a roof...I don't care how good a deal I can get on the window treatments its just not as big a priority.
This mock has Claiborne already gone, so who do you take that fills that criterion?  Keuchly?  As much as I like to say that simply repeating BPA over and over again is oversimplifying things, that really would look an awful lot like reaching to fill a need there.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 20, 2012, 07:39:34 PM

Why trade Penn? who are you going to get at that pick that's better than him? Especially the way Dominik drafts.

Move Kalil to RT. And yes, I'd take a top 5 pick on RT if it meant that our OLINE would be an elite unit for the next 5 years.

I believe it already could be ...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TheDraftReport.com's latest mock: Bucs take Kalil « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools