Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TheDraftReport.com's latest mock: Bucs take Kalil « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

« #30 : March 20, 2012, 07:40:42 PM »

Try and trade down and grab Kuchy.  Have more picks to fill more of these gaping friggin holes we have on the D.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #31 : March 20, 2012, 07:47:27 PM »

Try and trade down and grab Kuchy.  Have more picks to fill more of these gaping friggin holes we have on the D.
If we can pull it off and get reasonable value, great.  If we couldn't, in this situation, I'd be happy as a clam with the team adding Kalil.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #32 : March 20, 2012, 07:51:11 PM »

Why trade Penn? who are you going to get at that pick that's better than him? Especially the way Dominik drafts.

Move Kalil to RT. And yes, I'd take a top 5 pick on RT if it meant that our OLINE would be an elite unit for the next 5 years.

I believe it already could be ...

One player does not take an OL from above average to elite....T.B. sucks. Zuttah will be a decent C. Davin and Penn are waaaaaay too inconsistent to get the acclaim they do. We need to upgrade the tackle position...might as well grab the best one.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« #33 : March 20, 2012, 10:20:25 PM »

Yep, and if the bucs get stuck with a potential elite LT of the future they will just have to get over it... LMAO
oh my god......I have to remember not to hope for this ......just like FA and maybe i'll get surprised......him or Rieff and i'd be estatic.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #34 : March 20, 2012, 10:37:37 PM »

Here's one mock that has Claiborne and Richardson going 3-4, and us taking Kalil.  Thoughts?

http://thedraftreport.com/

"5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Matt Kalil, OT, USC – If Claiborne and Richardson are off the board, look for the Bucs to become much more aggressive in trying to trade down.  If they were to stay here, though, it’s clear that the best value would be Kalil, who could start from Day 1 at left tackle and allow the team to move incumbent LT Donald Penn to the right side."

Mother of ...oh my....yes, yes, y-e-s.

Sweet baby Jesus yes!  Kalil a Buc would be amazing.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

« #35 : March 20, 2012, 10:56:44 PM »

If Talib avoids Jail, EJ biggers is our 3/4 corner which is pretty dang good. Right tackle is a huge need. If you can get Kalil, you don't think twice.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

« #36 : March 20, 2012, 10:57:31 PM »

Yep, and if the bucs get stuck with a potential elite LT of the future they will just have to get over it... LMAO
oh my god......I have to remember not to hope for this ......just like FA and maybe i'll get surprised......him or Rieff and i'd be estatic.
Reiff is no where in the same class as Kalil. If we reach for him, I'll be pissed.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #37 : March 20, 2012, 10:59:26 PM »

if you have a better LT in Kalil why would you play someone else there?

Exactly.   Draft Kalil and start him at LT.   Trade Penn.   

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

« #38 : March 20, 2012, 11:05:16 PM »

Exactly.   Draft Kalil and start him at LT.   Trade Penn.   
Even if Kalil is a better LT than Penn.

Penn LT
Kalil RT

is better than

Kalil LT
Trueblood or anyone at RT

-ts

Hall of Famer
« #39 : March 20, 2012, 11:15:15 PM »

If I had the choice of Claiborne, Richardson, and Kalil. It is a simple pick. Kalil. IMO he is the 2nd best player in this draft behind Luck. If the Vikes are dumb enough to pass on him then good for us. ( I don't think they will.)

He is right around the Jake Long and Joe Thomas type of prospect. It would be a no brainer to have him at LT and Penn sliding to RT. If you wanna give it a year before moving Penn, ala Gaither and Oher then that is fine. However I don't think it is necessary.

Kalil - Nicks - Zuttah - Joseph - Penn is very very good.

With rookie pay scale it makes this a more realistic scenario also.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #40 : March 21, 2012, 07:12:52 AM »

If Kalil is as "cant miss" a prospect as Kenyatta Walker was coming out of college, we'd be fools not to trade Penn.

LOL

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #41 : March 21, 2012, 07:15:57 AM »

I love how people think you can just switch guys from RT to LT and vice-versa with no drop-off at all and/or no adjustment issues. Yeah , that works all the time when it's tried.......OR NOT.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #42 : March 21, 2012, 09:32:46 AM »

If Schiano keeps Penn in shape, he is better than Kalil. Kalil can be an elite right tackle and Penn can be an elite left tackle. There are only 4 players in this draft who are locks IMO as elite players. The two QBs, Kalil, and Blackmon.

If what you say is true, then Minnesota should just give Tampa their #3 overall pick for Penn.

Of course that will never happen, because Penn isn't close to the word "elite" unless we're talking about competitive eating.
This Kalil kid must be good...he's got multiple probowls under his belt and and hasn't even played a game in the NFL...oh wait.

Why did the Colts cut their QB (who actually deserves the Pro Bowls he's been to) in lieu of some who hasn't even played a game in the NFL?

Yes, Kalil is good.  There is a reason he was a top recruit out of high school.  There is a reason he's a top draft pick in the NFL.   There's also a reason why Penn went drafted and balloons up every year during the NFL season.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

« #43 : March 21, 2012, 09:34:00 AM »

Like I said in another thread a while back, draft Kalil and tell Penn he can eat whatever he wants if he moves to RT and doesn't whine about it.

djrobbied530

Second String

« #44 : March 21, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »

Kalil is a hoss. I'd be stunned if he went this low. I can't imagine Minnesota passing on an O lineman.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TheDraftReport.com's latest mock: Bucs take Kalil « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools