Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update: Aqib Talib's Trial Is Moved (Again) To June 25th « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

: March 20, 2012, 02:53:20 PM

‏@NFLSTROUD
The Bucs won't know Aqib Talib's status before the NFL draft. Talib's trial has been moved again to June 25, attny Frank Perez said

- thanks again to signed_ for keeping us updated.

Here's some news stories about the trial itself:

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6599193

Police, who arrested Talib on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, have said they believe Talib and his mother, Okolo Talib, shot at the man March 21. The man was not injured.

Talib, 25, has been out on $25,000 bond since March 30. The indictment out of Dallas was not a return of a guilty verdict -- it only means there's an "official" charge. But no evidence on Talib's side has been presented.

"The grand jury was not privy to a number of important facts," Talib's attorney, Jay Reisinger, said Friday in a statement. "We are very confident that once we have the opportunity to present all of the facts, this matter will be resolved in Mr. Talib's favor.

Link: http://www.bucsnation.com/2011/3/28/2076467/aqib-talib-implicated-in-texas-shooting

As JoeBucsFan notes , Aqib Talib  has been named a "Person of Interest" by Garland, Texas police. In an altercation involving his mother, sister and his sister's boyfriend a number of shots were fired. He could be arrested for anything ranging from 'discharging a firearm within a municipality' to 'aggravated assault with a deadly weapon'. According to the Dallas Observer, Aqib Talib tried to allegedly pistol-whip his sister's boyfriend  and then fired several shots as the boyfriend fled the scene. It should be noted that this version of events is based on the boyfriend's testimony, although it was corroborated by neighborhood witnesses.

Rick Stroud ‏
@NFLSTROUD
The trial for Bucs CB Aqib Talib has been moved from March 26 to April 16, according to attorney Frank Perez.
- Thanks to signed_ for pointing this out.
: March 26, 2012, 03:22:31 PM buccaneer4ever

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 20, 2012, 02:54:21 PM

I'd still like to know when they think there will be an outcome  (good, bad or indifferent.)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : March 20, 2012, 02:58:21 PM

Shouldn't take more than 2 weeks, I would think.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 20, 2012, 04:06:40 PM

Good outcome is not guilty with no league suspension, Talib returns with 8 ints for the 2012 season.

Bad outcome, anything other than no jail time/ suspension time and Mr. Talib is sent packing.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 20, 2012, 04:19:56 PM

I hope that scumbag gets off scott free and has a pro bowl year.

He really is a piece of **CENSORED** though.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 20, 2012, 04:22:27 PM

Agreed.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#6 : March 20, 2012, 04:27:12 PM

Agreed.

Sadly I agree, If this was college team I would say winning isn't everything, But this the NFL and Winning IS Everything.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 20, 2012, 04:36:49 PM

There are two things riding in Talib's favor. First of all, Talib's sister's next door neighbor is a retired cop and he has stated that he did not see Talib with a gun. Secondly, I am sure by now that Talib has stuffed his sister's boyfriend's bank account with enough Benjamins that his recollection of events on that night are a little "fuzzy". To quote President Reagan during the Iran-Contra Affair trial "I don't recall".

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 20, 2012, 04:39:03 PM

Wonder if there is anything this guy can do to save face. I mean what would you do if you were him and given another opportunity on the team that drafted you? Id be out and about in the community trying to make a positive difference. That would get some positive media out there after a while. Oh and you gotta produce on the field otherwise you definitely wont be forgiven. I hope the kid turns his life around. With or without the Bucs.

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#9 : March 20, 2012, 04:49:47 PM

Wonder if there is anything this guy can do to save face. I mean what would you do if you were him and given another opportunity on the team that drafted you? Id be out and about in the community trying to make a positive difference. That would get some positive media out there after a while. Oh and you gotta produce on the field otherwise you definitely wont be forgiven. I hope the kid turns his life around. With or without the Bucs.

Michael Vick figured it out why can't Talib?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 20, 2012, 05:59:18 PM

Michael Vick figured it out why can't Talib?

lets hope this last chance with the Bucs is all he needs. If not, hes going the pacman route into near obscurity.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Signed

Starter

#11 : March 20, 2012, 06:15:23 PM

Rick Stroud ‏
@NFLSTROUD
The trial for Bucs CB Aqib Talib has been moved from March 26 to April 16, according to attorney Frank Perez.

Rick Stroud ‏
@NFLSTROUD
Perez says the reason for the new trial date is because the prosecutor's wife is scheduled to deliver a baby next week.

Rick Stroud ‏
@NFLSTROUD
Perez said Talib's trial will definitely begin no later than April 16 and should take 3-4 days.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 20, 2012, 06:24:31 PM

Doh

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 20, 2012, 06:52:16 PM

Ugh. That means it might not end until after the draft.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 20, 2012, 06:52:33 PM

Agreed.

Sadly I agree, If this was college team I would say winning isn't everything, But this the NFL and Winning IS Everything.
+4.

Waste of talent. Dalbuc was right. We argued when he was drafted about his character. I said he would change. He said Weed Talib would not. He was spot on.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update: Aqib Talib's Trial Is Moved (Again) To June 25th « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools