Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update: Aqib Talib's Trial Is Moved (Again) To June 25th « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #30 : March 21, 2012, 08:14:43 AM »

Rick Stroud ‏ @NFLSTROUD

CB AqibTalib's accuser has been arrested twice for sexual assault since shooting incident. Trial moved April 16. http://tinyurl.com/7rlgkvg

What a cast of characters.
now thats a reality show I might watch.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #31 : March 21, 2012, 08:21:58 AM »

Why do they keep moving this trial back ?? Have the damn thing already .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #32 : March 21, 2012, 08:26:24 AM »

welcome to the American judicial system. 

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #33 : March 21, 2012, 09:39:30 AM »

Check this out about Billings...

Dude is a super creep.

JBF...

The strange case that troubled Bucs cornerback Aqib Talib faces in a Texas courtroom next month just got a little bit juicier.

On face value, it seems Talib cannot stay out of trouble. In fact, it seems Talib is a magnet for trouble. So it wouldn’t shock Joe if he has to plead out.

That written, the claims against Talib, upon further review, seem dubious.

Well, the credibility of Talib’s main accuser, Shannon Billings, who was romantically involved with Talib’s sister, has taken a major hit since the alleged incident took place, so reports Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times.

Shannon Billings, 41, the former live-in boyfriend of Talib’s sister, is sitting in Dallas County jail on a bond of $265,000 after being arrested March 1, 2012 on charges of indecency with a child/sexual contact.

Billings, a registered sex offender with the state of Texas, was also arrested Dec. 10, 2011 on a charge of sexual assault and was jailed on $25,000 bond. However, the grand jury returned a ‘no bill,’ in the case, according to court records.

What a charming fellow this Billings seems to be.

Given Billings’ numerous, distasteful brushes with the law, his accusations against Talib almost seem to be no more than a money grab: “Give me a half-million and I will change my story.”

It wouldn’t be the first time Joe smelled a shakedown against Talib.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #34 : March 21, 2012, 09:50:59 AM »

anyone that believes this is just a shakedown if delusional.  Crap went down that day.  Whether Billings is  a piece of crapor not doesnt change that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #35 : March 21, 2012, 10:28:56 AM »

Yeah.  Talib is always the center of drama. It is not coincidence.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #36 : March 21, 2012, 10:47:55 AM »

I love this shakedown argument. If this sort of argument was true there should be shakedowns occurring all the time to a wide variety of players - and higher profile would be better since the average schlep might know who they are. Instead isn't it amazing how trouble seems to concentrate on a handful of guys leaguewide who are knuckleheads? No one is shaking down Manning, Williams, Forte, Urlacher or on our team Davin, Grimm, McCoy or so many many guys.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #37 : March 21, 2012, 11:10:03 AM »

anyone that believes this is just a shakedown if delusional.  Crap went down that day.  Whether Billings is  a piece of crapor not doesnt change that.

Like you or anyone else really knows what went down. Regardless, I imagine a judge or jury will have a hard time believing a pos sex offender.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #38 : March 21, 2012, 11:15:27 AM »

Like you or anyone else really knows what went down. Regardless, I imagine a judge or jury will have a hard time believing a pos sex offender.

Billings' run ins with the law since the incident will most likely not be admissible in court.

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #39 : March 21, 2012, 12:17:52 PM »

Mug shots are awesome.

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/texas/garland/shannon-billings/8508442

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #40 : March 21, 2012, 07:13:30 PM »

Prosecutors' wife is expecting.

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #41 : March 21, 2012, 07:27:35 PM »

JMO It would seem the credibility of the victim and his wonderful record in the criminal justice system would tend to make anyone with an ounce of common sense to consider a dismissal against Aqib.   Yes Talib has a few screws loose in that cabbage head of his but in this situation I have to side with him over the criminal scumbag in jail.

Pistil whipped?  Gun fired?   Looks too much like he said she said with Talib's side having more weight with his family behind him...

I look for Talib being the starting corner with his buddy Rhonde on the other side as the season begins with Eric Wright in ready reserve...  JMO but time to put the Claiborne love aside ( lets not gild the lily!) there are more important fish to fry... ie  DRAFT RICHARDSON if he is available at # 5.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
« #42 : March 21, 2012, 07:46:00 PM »

I suspect it will be Wright who is starting and Ronde who is the nickelback.

IMO, we need Claiborne but if we take someone else in the first round, we need a 2nd round CB.\

.....just my opinion

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #43 : March 21, 2012, 07:51:16 PM »

JMO It would seem the credibility of the victim and his wonderful record in the criminal justice system would tend to make anyone with an ounce of common sense to consider a dismissal against Aqib.   Yes Talib has a few screws loose in that cabbage head of his but in this situation I have to side with him over the criminal scumbag in jail.

Pistil whipped?  Gun fired?   Looks too much like he said she said with Talib's side having more weight with his family behind him...

I look for Talib being the starting corner with his buddy Rhonde on the other side as the season begins with Eric Wright in ready reserve...  JMO but time to put the Claiborne love aside ( lets not gild the lily!) there are more important fish to fry... ie  DRAFT RICHARDSON if he is available at # 5.

Talib's attorney said he expects the trial to last about four days because their are a lot of witnesses. It's not like it's just this scumbag's word against Talib's.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #44 : March 21, 2012, 09:16:24 PM »

Seriously gents. The guys name is spelled 'Ronde'. Damn man...Just annoying.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Update: Aqib Talib's Trial Is Moved (Again) To June 25th « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools