Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 ... 399

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#4005 : July 03, 2013, 10:48:49 AM

Great job by West there using the prosecution's witness to basically say that Zimmerman was acting in self defense according to the law.

Yep, another state witness that favored the defense. The witness testified that even if you start the altercation, you can still defend your life if the force you used is met with "disproportionate" force. So many dead ends for prosecution.

What law is he quoting there?
Not sure exactly which law, but the witness was Zimmerman's teacher when he took Criminal Law.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#4006 : July 03, 2013, 10:53:14 AM

Zimmerman killed a kid for no reason......White or black....it's just a waste of a life..unjustified....

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#4007 : July 03, 2013, 11:15:20 AM

He was referring to it as "imperfect" self defense.

And I agree with your assessment, no reason other than he was jumped and getting beat up by a guy who doubled back to confront him.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#4008 : July 03, 2013, 11:22:30 AM

He's not ignoring the fact that Zimmerman got out of his car to chase Martin.

Chase? Not observe?

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#4009 : July 03, 2013, 11:23:25 AM

Zimmerman killed a kid for no reason......White or black....it's just a waste of a life..unjustified....
Are you watching the case at all?  It seems that you're not caught up on the facts.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#4010 : July 03, 2013, 11:29:37 AM

Are you watching the case at all?  It seems that you're not caught up on the facts.

Have been following.......I say he walks.......based on the presentation so far.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#4011 : July 03, 2013, 11:30:56 AM

Have been following.......I say he walks.......based on the presentation so far.
Do you believe that Zimmerman felt that his life was threatened?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#4012 : July 03, 2013, 11:35:49 AM

So in the state of Florida I can follow someone have them attack me and then kill them? It's self defense.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#4013 : July 03, 2013, 11:38:19 AM

So in the state of Florida I can follow someone have them attack me and then kill them? It's self defense.
Yes.  In any state.

To those saying that Zimmerman was neighborhood watch and he was only supposed to observe and report.....to me, that's what he did.  He got out of his car to look for an address and observe Martin once he had lost sight of him.  He didn't want another one of these "punks" to get away that have been robbing the neighborhood.  Yes, he had a gun on him as he always did.  He had it for protection in the event that his life was threatened.  He felt that It was threatened and unfortunately he had to use his gun.  I really don't think that Zimmerman wanted to confront him himself.  Why would he call the cops if that was the case?
If your neighborhood had had a string of robberies and you were the head of neighborhood watch, would you not want to keep an eye on someone whom you thought was su**CENSORED**ious so that you could direct police to that person when they arrived?  That sounds very reasonable to me.  I'd be pretty pissed if my neighborhood was getting robbed and the perps kept getting away.  If I thought I found one and called the cops, I'd follow him at a safe distance and keep an eye on him so that he wouldn't get away.
For the record.....I used to think that Zimmerman was this vigilante, want-to-be cop and Martin was this innocent kid when I first heard about this story.  Then I read up on the facts and researched on my own and formed my own opinion.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#4014 : July 03, 2013, 11:38:32 AM

Yes I do........but all I see is that he made it happen.......This case will change the defend your ground statue and screw the law-abiding concealed  carry citizens in Florida.....

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#4015 : July 03, 2013, 11:47:02 AM

Yes I do........but all I see is that he made it happen.......This case will change the defend your ground statue and screw the law-abiding concealed  carry citizens in Florida.....
I'm still not so sure that you're following the facts of the case.  Zimmerman is not using the Stand your Ground law as his defense.

Furthermore, do you believe that Trayvon approached Zimmernan?  Do you realize that Trayvon could have been inside "his house" within about 30 seconds of George getting out of his car and the altercation wasn't until about 4 minutes later?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#4016 : July 03, 2013, 11:50:18 AM

Zimmerman will be guilty of Murder. He's not a cop and had no right to detain Martin case closed. Martin was a thug that much is true but he was walking home and posed no threat. The kid wasn't caught stealing, Zimmerman followed him based on the actions of others. I Watch for my community...have been for 18 years. I look and observe while the police arrest/question. Why? I don't have the authority to detain citizens.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#4017 : July 03, 2013, 11:51:19 AM

The resulting race riot of a Zimmerman acquittal should be fun.  Good thing there is only like 5 black people that live in NH. 

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#4018 : July 03, 2013, 11:53:07 AM

I don't know what happened.....just know a youth is dead...

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#4019 : July 03, 2013, 11:58:03 AM

The resulting race riot of a Zimmerman acquittal should be fun.  Good thing there is only like 5 black people that live in NH.

Fun? Cincinnati,OH Riots= Hell on earth. It's a thing called flash Mobs and they go everywhere. 
Page: 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 ... 399
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools