Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 ... 399

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #4605 : July 12, 2013, 08:13:18 PM »

O'Mara's price tag can't be cheap. He appears to be very polished. Wonder how Zimmerman will pay his bill.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #4606 : July 12, 2013, 08:24:01 PM »

O'Mara's price tag can't be cheap. He appears to be very polished. Wonder how Zimmerman will pay his bill.
The books that his friend sold and donations that he has received.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4607 : July 12, 2013, 08:53:53 PM »

Book deal, TV appearances.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #4608 : July 12, 2013, 09:34:51 PM »

he faces a civil case no matter the result

Wait one cotton-picking minute! A long time ago, I suggested that regardless of outcome, Zimmerman was going to likely face a civil suit, to which you ridiculed me for even suggesting such a thing. I though civil suits were highly uncommon in murder trials, and that Zimmerman's financial standing would make him a poor candidate for a wrongful death suit.

I expect a retraction...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #4609 : July 12, 2013, 10:40:23 PM »

If he's acquitted and they file a civil suit, I believe we'll get to see Z take the stand. I'm not sure but I don't think he can take the 5th in a civil trial.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
« #4610 : July 12, 2013, 11:01:39 PM »

The 5th can be asserted in a civil proceeding as it relates to self incrimination in a criminal matter.

Aside from that they can be compelled to testify under oath however if they refuse that will likely be used against them and be interpreted adversely.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #4611 : July 12, 2013, 11:03:42 PM »

I tried watching one of the HLN shows a couple of times but had to change it because it was so bad and everybody was yelling at each other.

But, I was bored with the other stations and changed it to HLN and saw the end of the Jane Velez (?) show. One lady who was in the court room today said she was close to them and could see their faces clearly.
She said when John Guy was speaking, (I don't recall exactly what part of his closing she was talking about) t2 of the jurors were wiping tears and one lady was red, shaking and crying, too. For what it's worth.

But if true, it could give you a little insight into what they might be thinking.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
« #4612 : July 12, 2013, 11:18:41 PM »

Hadn't heard that story about the jurors.

I thought Guy's rebuttal was very powerful and hit the points the prosecution needed to pull their case together. In my opinion his close was the most interesting of the bunch. I felt MOM was good but I expected him to do better. Putting myself in the shoes of a juror I  would find him to be a little condescending and somewhat flippant. He did do a good job in raising reasonable doubt, which is the most important thing.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #4613 : July 13, 2013, 01:16:31 AM »

both attorneys put up very good closings, they are both very talented

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #4614 : July 13, 2013, 05:41:19 AM »

So if its a hung jury does the state bring it to trial again?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #4615 : July 13, 2013, 08:32:24 AM »

Follow-up on the tears claim...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/defense-begins-closings-george-zimmerman-trial-19647578#.UeFISRaiejA

"Isn't that every child's worst nightmare, to be followed on the way home in the dark by a stranger?" Guy said. "Isn't that every child's worst fear?"

One juror, a young woman, appeared to wipe away a tear as Guy said nothing would ever bring back Martin.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #4616 : July 13, 2013, 08:50:40 AM »

Read the entire article...

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2013-07-13/story/state-attorney-angela-corey-fires-information-techonology-director-who

State Attorney Angela Corey fired her office’s information technology director Friday after he testified last month about being concerned prosecutors did not turn over information to George Zimmerman’s defense team in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

On the same day attorneys finished their closing arguments in that nationally watched trial, a state attorney investigator went to Ben Kruidbos’ home about 7:30 a.m. to hand-deliver a letter stating Kruidbos “can never again be trusted to step foot in this office.”

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #4617 : July 13, 2013, 08:59:37 AM »

Trayvon Martin was a "THUG" and not some innocent 12 year old boy buying skittles for his brother that was attacked and killed by a racist white guy.

Martin had been involved in two robberies, joined a gang, tried to purchase a gun, bragged about winning a fight by hitting a guy in the nose, talked about beating the same young guy up again because "that Ni....er hasn't bled enough" and at that time in Feb 2012, had been kicked out of school.

And yet the judge didn't allow this to be heard by the jury?  Huh?
« : July 13, 2013, 09:48:50 AM Runole »

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #4618 : July 13, 2013, 09:08:17 AM »

You're exaggerating. Young African-American teens would never do something as you describe. No one should be worried about their personal safety if they (young teenaged AAs) creeping around the neighborhood.

===============

Three teens charged in beating of 13-year-old on Gulfport bus

Three teenagers were arrested Wednesday after they ganged up and beat a 13-year-old student on a Pinellas County school bus after it left Lealman Intermediate School, Gulfport police said.

The driver of the bus called for assistance when the 15-year-old students repeatedly punched and kicked the other boy, according to police.

The suspects had fled via the emergency exit before officers got to the bus at 20th Avenue South and 51st Street. All three were later identified and apprehended.

The victim said he encountered at least one of the suspects in a school restroom where he alleged that the suspect tried to sell drugs to him, police said.

The victim reported this to school officials, and at the end of the day, both victim and suspect rode home on the same bus, according to police. As the bus was stopping near the intersection, the three suspects started punching and kicking the victim for nearly a full minute. As he tried to crawl under the seat, the suspects kicked and stomped on him.

In all, the suspects threw dozens of punches and at least 23 kicks or stomps. police said. The victim was injured including a fractured arm.

Arrested were Lloyd Khemradj, 15, and Julian McKnight, 15, both charged with aggravated battery; and Joshua Reddin, 15, who faces charges of aggravated battery and unarmed robbery, for allegedly taking the victim's money after the assault.

http://tbo.com/storyimage/TB/20130711/ARTICLE/130719831/AR/0/AR-130719831.jpg&MaxH=337

« : July 13, 2013, 09:20:09 AM Morgan »

Runole

Hall of Famer
« #4619 : July 13, 2013, 09:53:59 AM »

You're exaggerating. Young African-American teens would never do something as you describe. No one should be worried about their personal safety if they (young teenaged AAs) creeping around the neighborhood.

===============

Three teens charged in beating of 13-year-old on Gulfport bus

Three teenagers were arrested Wednesday after they ganged up and beat a 13-year-old student on a Pinellas County school bus after it left Lealman Intermediate School, Gulfport police said.

The driver of the bus called for assistance when the 15-year-old students repeatedly punched and kicked the other boy, according to police.

The suspects had fled via the emergency exit before officers got to the bus at 20th Avenue South and 51st Street. All three were later identified and apprehended.

The victim said he encountered at least one of the suspects in a school restroom where he alleged that the suspect tried to sell drugs to him, police said.

The victim reported this to school officials, and at the end of the day, both victim and suspect rode home on the same bus, according to police. As the bus was stopping near the intersection, the three suspects started punching and kicking the victim for nearly a full minute. As he tried to crawl under the seat, the suspects kicked and stomped on him.

In all, the suspects threw dozens of punches and at least 23 kicks or stomps. police said. The victim was injured including a fractured arm.

Arrested were Lloyd Khemradj, 15, and Julian McKnight, 15, both charged with aggravated battery; and Joshua Reddin, 15, who faces charges of aggravated battery and unarmed robbery, for allegedly taking the victim's money after the assault.

http://tbo.com/storyimage/TB/20130711/ARTICLE/130719831/AR/0/AR-130719831.jpg&MaxH=337

Ah yes "the innocence of the child" that media just loves to portray...  Wonder how it will turn out for the (3)?  More than likely back on the streets for more  mischievous fun. ;) Crazy kids!! ;D

Page: 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 ... 399
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools