Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 399

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #30 : March 23, 2012, 08:51:38 AM »

however, considering the victim had no weapon and was a 140 pound string bean of a kid how can Zimmerman say his life was at risk and it sounds like he was guilty of no more than a misdemeanor trespassing violation.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #31 : March 23, 2012, 09:00:07 AM »

however, considering the victim had no weapon and was a 140 pound string bean of a kid how can Zimmerman say his life was at risk and it sounds like he was guilty of no more than a misdemeanor trespassing violation.

Zimmerman's claim, which is where at least the state case will rise or fall, is that he was attacked.  Zimmerman should have no case other than the stand your ground law which is poorly written in Florida from the sound of it and potentially allow wiggle room for him to get away on this.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #32 : March 23, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »

since this wasnt a forcible felony and I dont see how an armed man can claim his life was threatened by a physically weaker unarmed man I just don't think the Stand Your Ground Law should protect him.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #33 : March 23, 2012, 03:07:34 PM »

Are we still pretending this isn't about politics and race?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #34 : March 23, 2012, 03:13:22 PM »

Exactly...OBD

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
« #35 : March 23, 2012, 03:16:03 PM »

Well do enlighten "us".

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #36 : March 23, 2012, 03:16:37 PM »

Who's pretending that?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #37 : March 23, 2012, 03:33:27 PM »

I hardly think thats why Obama and Romney are taking an interest in this case  ::)

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama spoke out Friday on the Trayvon Martin shooting for the first time, calling the incident a “tragedy” and invoking his own children.

“I can only imagine what these parents are going through,” the president said, adding that he couldn’t help but think about his daughters. “I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this.

“My main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin,” he added. “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon. I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves and we’re going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened.”

The president said he was pleased to hear that Florida Gov. Rick Scott has appointed a task force to look into the incident.

“I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how does something like this happen,”

Noting that his attorney general is looking into the case, the president prefaced his remarks by saying it was important he was not “impairing any investigation that’s taking place right now.”

Obama’s remarks came as he stood in the Rose Garden to introduce his new choice for the president of the World Bank.

They were his first remarks on the incident. The White House earlier in the week noted it was a “local” event.

Travyon’s parents, Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, issued a statement after the Obama spoke, saying it was “humbling” that the president had taken time to talk about their son.

“The president's personal comments touched us deeply and made us wonder: If his son looked liked Trayvon and wore a hoodie, would he be su**CENSORED**ious too?” the statement said. “We'd like to thank the president and the millions of people from around the world who have shown their support for Trayvon by participating in hoodie marches, rallies or through social media. We are all working together to not only get justice for Trayvon, but also to ensure that this kind of senseless tragedy doesn't happen to another child.”

GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney also issued a statement Friday about the case.

“What happened to Trayvon Martin is a tragedy,” Romney said “There needs to be a thorough investigation that reassures the public that justice is carried out with impartiality and integrity.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/23/2709583/president-trayvon-case-a-tragedy.html#storylink=cpy

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #38 : March 23, 2012, 05:24:39 PM »

Zimmerman has made 49 911 calls. He tried and failed to become a cop. It appears that nobody knows where he is. Martin was not trespassing. He went to the store and was returning to his aunt's home. Talib and Zimmerman should both be locked up for endangering the lives of everyone around them. Race should not be a factor here. Zimmerman disobeyed the 911 directive to let the police handle it. No one was in danger from Martin. Everyone was from Zimmerman (and Talib). Law enforcement is supposed to protect the public. They're not. Both of these men are still walking the streets freely. People have a right to be outraged. People SHOULD be outraged. This is a child that was gunned down in cold blood, not a man.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
« #39 : March 23, 2012, 05:28:23 PM »

Martin's killing was motivated by racial contempt and that's why Zimmerman gunned him down.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #40 : March 23, 2012, 05:51:36 PM »

wasnt sure about trespassing or not but that seemed to be the worst crime he could have been committing.  and that isnt a forcible felony.  so that only leave us with "was it reasonable for Zimmerman to think his life was in danger?  If it goes to a jury he could be in trouble.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
« #41 : March 23, 2012, 05:56:19 PM »

Zimmerman was a tin-badge sheriff lookin' for a cause.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #42 : March 23, 2012, 06:27:58 PM »

Who's pretending that?

It's pretty clear that you and Durango were on the first and second page of this thread, because that was Spartan's point that both of you were arguing against.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
« #43 : March 23, 2012, 06:41:02 PM »

Who's pretending that?

Durango were on the first and second page of this thread, because that was Spartan's point that both of you were arguing against.

Please don't tell me you believe Spartan's rant about Al Sharpton and Balck on Black crime..

Here's the question.......Who introduced race into this case?...................Zimmerman.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #44 : March 23, 2012, 07:00:07 PM »

Zimmerman was a yahoo cowboy cop wannabe. That poor kid did nothing wrong except be unarmed and black/WWB (walking while black). Zimmerman stalked him and shot him in cold blood and thought he could get away with it because the kid was black (stereotype). It was purely a racially motivated killing of an innocent young man, who had absolutely no prior hint of ever doing anything wrong. Then the Sanford police condone the killing by indifference standing on some flimsy, half baked law when the kid was unarmed. The feds will get the facts and fry this guy. Unfortunately, the young man is dead and his parents lives are ruined. They better keep Zimmerman in isolation when he goes to the slammer because he will be dead within hours of being jailed.
« : March 23, 2012, 07:15:15 PM Rusty »

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 399
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools