Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 383

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#45 : March 23, 2012, 07:23:17 PM

Zimmerman was a yahoo cowboy cop wannabe. That poor kid did nothing wrong except be unarmed and black/WWB (walking while black). Zimmerman stalked him and shot him in cold blood and thought he could get away with it because the kid was black (stereotype). It was purely a racially motivated killing of an innocent young man, who had absolutely no prior hint of ever doing anything wrong. Then the Sanford police condone the killing by indifference standing on some flimsy, half baked law when the kid was unarmed. The feds will get the facts and fry this guy. Unfortunately, the young man is dead and his parents lives are ruined. They better keep Zimmerman in isolation when he goes to the slammer because he will be dead within hours of being jailed.
Wow and to think you figured it all out and not even being there. Your fantastic!!! Three agencies are still piecing it all together I'll tell them to forget about it and lets just hang Zman...Not...Let the others figure it out and we'll all hear things that the media can't report as of yet...JMVHO...OBD

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#46 : March 23, 2012, 07:36:13 PM

Are we still pretending this isn't about politics and race?

Who's pretending that?

It's pretty clear that you and Durango were on the first and second page of this thread, because that was Spartan's point that both of you were arguing against.

I never pretended anything of the sort. If you have evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.

What I did was pointed out how spartan's rant on black on black crime had zero to do with this scenario. The fact that this happened certainly would anger people, but had Zimmerman been arrested, charged with manslaughter, and appropriately tried and punished, then this is nothing more than a story on the evening news for a few days. The rally's and such that he is so ethically opposed to only occurred when Zimmerman was allowed to walk.

Where the real pretending is, is among those who try to ignore obvious clues that racism may have indeed played a role in Zimmerman's actions. Zimmerman being a racist means that the civil rights crowd may just actually have a legitimate gripe here, and that's just far too difficult a notion to ever entertain for some. It's better to just act as though there is no such thing as racism than to entertain that thought.
: March 23, 2012, 07:39:04 PM CBWx2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#47 : March 23, 2012, 07:41:18 PM

Please don't tell me you believe Spartan's rant about Al Sharpton and Balck on Black crime..

As much as you don't want to admit it, Spartan's right.  This case is getting the race-baitors like Sharpton to come around because of politics and race.  As awful as this kid's murder is, it happens all of the time in this country - as Spartan pointed out.  It would be naive the think all the attention garnered by this isn't because of race and politics.

Here's the question.......Who introduced race into this case?...................Zimmerman.

I haven't seen anybody defend Zimmerman.  I know I'm not.  He can fry as far as I'm concerned.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#48 : March 23, 2012, 07:54:06 PM

Here's the question.......Who introduced race into this case?...................Zimmerman.

I haven't seen anybody defend Zimmerman.  I know I'm not.  He can fry as far as I'm concerned.

Nice. Now a question. Why is Zimmerman even in any trouble right now? Why is this case now being reviewed by local, state, and federal law enforcement when at the scene of the incident, the police determined that no crimes were broken?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#49 : March 23, 2012, 07:58:42 PM

Nice. Now a question. Why is Zimmerman even in any trouble right now? Why is this case now being reviewed by local, state, and federal law enforcement when at the scene of the incident, the police determined that no crimes were broken?

This must be the only case in the country where the original actions by local authorities are being reviewed by state and federal authorities.

If it's not, what is it that sets this one apart from all those others to garner National attention?
: March 23, 2012, 08:00:15 PM Biggs3535

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#50 : March 23, 2012, 08:09:14 PM

This must be the only case in the country where the original actions by local authorities are being reviewed by state and federal authorities.

If it's not, what is it that sets this one apart from all those others to garner National attention?

If you think that law enforcement agencies make it a general policy to review every case over again after the first time, then you are woefully uninformed. Very few cases ever get reviewed unless someone takes up the cause and pushes for it to happen. This is getting attention due to the racial overtones of the case, and the reputation of racial conflict in the area in which it occurred. To the best of my knowledge, I haven't heard a single person deny that. But what you don't get, is that the civil rights activists that organized the rally's and those that kept this in the media are the reason why this is getting looked into again. Without the hoopla, this gets swept under the rug, and Zimmerman is free to continue living out his Dirty Harry fantasies.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#51 : March 23, 2012, 08:14:13 PM

Please don't tell me you believe Spartan's rant about Al Sharpton and Balck on Black crime..

As much as you don't want to admit it, Spartan's right.  This case is getting the race-baitors like Sharpton to come around because of politics and race.  As awful as this kid's murder is, it happens all of the time in this country - as Spartan pointed out.  It would be naive the think all the attention garnered by this isn't because of race and politics.

The race issue is inherent in the case because of Zimmerman not  Sharpton.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#52 : March 23, 2012, 08:47:35 PM

If you think that law enforcement agencies make it a general policy to review every case over again after the first time, then you are woefully uninformed.

Nobody said it's a general policy to review every case over and over again.  When you have to jump to hyperbole such as this, you lose.

What you do seem to be ignorant on is the amount of cases that are reviewed.  On questionable cases such as this, it's not uncommon at all.

But what you don't get, is that the civil rights activists that organized the rally's and those that kept this in the media are the reason why this is getting looked into again. Without the hoopla, this gets swept under the rug, and Zimmerman is free to continue living out his Dirty Harry fantasies.

That's quite a bit of speculation on your part. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#53 : March 23, 2012, 08:48:26 PM

They better keep Zimmerman in isolation when he goes to the slammer because he will be dead within hours of being jailed.

Throw him in genpop and let him get what he deserves

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#54 : March 23, 2012, 08:56:21 PM

If you think that law enforcement agencies make it a general policy to review every case over again after the first time, then you are woefully uninformed.

Nobody said it's a general policy to review every case over and over again.  When you have to jump to hyperbole such as this, you lose.

What you do seem to be ignorant on is the amount of cases that are reviewed.  On questionable cases such as this, it's not uncommon at all.

Who calls for these cases to be reviewed? Do law enforcement agencies just do it in the interest of being thorough?

But what you don't get, is that the civil rights activists that organized the rally's and those that kept this in the media are the reason why this is getting looked into again. Without the hoopla, this gets swept under the rug, and Zimmerman is free to continue living out his Dirty Harry fantasies.

No it isn't.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#55 : March 23, 2012, 09:10:25 PM

Zimmerman was a yahoo cowboy cop wannabe. That poor kid did nothing wrong except be unarmed and black/WWB (walking while black). Zimmerman stalked him and shot him in cold blood and thought he could get away with it because the kid was black (stereotype). It was purely a racially motivated killing of an innocent young man, who had absolutely no prior hint of ever doing anything wrong. Then the Sanford police condone the killing by indifference standing on some flimsy, half baked law when the kid was unarmed. The feds will get the facts and fry this guy. Unfortunately, the young man is dead and his parents lives are ruined. They better keep Zimmerman in isolation when he goes to the slammer because he will be dead within hours of being jailed.
Wow and to think you figured it all out and not even being there. Your fantastic!!! Three agencies are still piecing it all together I'll tell them to forget about it and lets just hang Zman...Not...Let the others figure it out and we'll all hear things that the media can't report as of yet...JMVHO...OBD

OBD, I respect you as a poster and your opinion, so I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you. However, I did say that the feds would figure it out. I also gave my opinion, after much research. If I am wrong, I will be the first to say I'm wrong but the beauty of this board is that we can voice our opinions. I clearly stated mine. Have a great weekend.
: March 23, 2012, 09:34:28 PM Rusty

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

spartan

Hall of Famer
#56 : March 23, 2012, 09:14:14 PM

Demonstrate your point please.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#57 : March 23, 2012, 09:24:16 PM

Demonstrate your point please.

Would you like a reenactment of the crime?

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#58 : March 23, 2012, 09:37:01 PM

I never said you were wrong...You maybe right but without the intimate details its 50-50 at best...Its all good...OBD

OBD, I respect you as a poster and your opinion, so I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you. However, I did say that the feds would figure it out. I also gave my opinion, after much research. If I am wrong, I will be the first to say I'm wrong but the beauty of this board is that we can voice our opinions. I clearly stated mine. Have a great weekend.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#59 : March 24, 2012, 08:58:29 AM

Who calls for these cases to be reviewed? Do law enforcement agencies just do it in the interest of being thorough?

Yes.  Reports are filed.  If and when there are discrepancies, reviews and investigations are held.  Police officers are put on paid leave for things like this all of the time.  I see it all of the time on the local level.

No it isn't.

CBWx2, what you're doing here is the very definition of speculation.  It's not even arguable.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 383
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools