Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 399

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2040 : April 20, 2012, 11:45:13 AM

I don't think the prosecution is going to dispute Zimmerman's story about what happened immediately before the shot

I might misunderstand, but that is precisely what they are going to dispute.  Maybe by "immediately" you mean after the confrontation started but before the short.  Not sure, but if so you are probably right.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2041 : April 20, 2012, 11:46:29 AM

I don't think the prosecution is going to dispute Zimmerman's story about what happened immediately before the shot, so I'm not sure what this does at this point. What kind of pisses me off is why this wasn't released weeks ago to at least try and slow down the lynch mob mentality. I'm guessing that has to do with $$$$$ .... Also, a little curious as to why he didn't take a shot of the bloody broken nose.

Agreed. If it goes to trial, it will be interesting to see the evidence that is presented.

I might have missed this so if so my apologies, but who "released" the photo?  It is a Zimmerman photo right?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#2042 : April 20, 2012, 11:58:19 AM

I don't think the prosecution is going to dispute Zimmerman's story about what happened immediately before the shot

I might misunderstand, but that is precisely what they are going to dispute.  Maybe by "immediately" you mean after the confrontation started but before the short.  Not sure, but if so you are probably right.

Yeah, there I meant not disputing what happened seconds before the shot was fired ...

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#2043 : April 20, 2012, 11:59:32 AM

I don't think the prosecution is going to dispute Zimmerman's story about what happened immediately before the shot, so I'm not sure what this does at this point. What kind of pisses me off is why this wasn't released weeks ago to at least try and slow down the lynch mob mentality. I'm guessing that has to do with $$$$$ .... Also, a little curious as to why he didn't take a shot of the bloody broken nose.

Agreed. If it goes to trial, it will be interesting to see the evidence that is presented.

I might have missed this so if so my apologies, but who "released" the photo?  It is a Zimmerman photo right?

It's an ABC News"Exclusive"  ...

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2044 : April 20, 2012, 12:04:43 PM

Just to muddy the waters some more, seeing as Zimmerman had no injuries and all ....

I'm watching the video on MSNBC as we speak. Zimmerman is shaven bald, and as his back turns to the camera, there is not even so much as a scratch to be seen on his head.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2045 : April 20, 2012, 12:06:14 PM

It's an ABC News"Exclusive"  ...

I should have been clearer. I meant who released it to ABC?  I was curious because I saw the question as to why this was not relased earlier?

Col. Klink

Pro Bowler

#2046 : April 20, 2012, 12:06:47 PM

Just to muddy the waters some more, seeing as Zimmerman had no injuries and all ....

I'm watching the video on MSNBC as we speak. Zimmerman is shaven bald, and as his back turns to the camera, there is not even so much as a scratch to be seen on his head.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#2047 : April 20, 2012, 12:07:59 PM

I don't like the use of the phrase "the night you committed this crime", that prosecution used several times today. I'm not sure how that kind of statement is even allowed when it's supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. It would be nice if just one case occurred where nothing but facts were presented, not the typical fluff attorneys use to spin things into what they want them to be.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2048 : April 20, 2012, 12:11:18 PM

150k bond.

and anklet. I did not see a conclusion on whether he could leave the area?
: April 20, 2012, 12:14:09 PM VinBucFan

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2049 : April 20, 2012, 12:13:35 PM

I don't like the use of the phrase "the night you committed this crime", that prosecution used several times today. I'm not sure how that kind of statement is even allowed when it's supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. It would be nice if just one case occurred where nothing but facts were presented, not the typical fluff attorneys use to spin things into what they want them to be.

The prosecutor is trying to keep him in jail and wants to reinforce to the Judge that the state thinks he did it.  Both sides spin facts. Here's the defense attorney trying to blunt the "profiling" charge:

State investigator Dale Gilbreath, testifying about a statement he wrote with a detective on the Trayvon Martin case, is questioned by the defense attorney on the use of the word "profiled" to describe Zimmerman's reaction to seeing Martin in the gated community the night of the shooting. Gilbreath says it was meant to imply that Zimmerman expressed alarm over Trayvon's presence in the area based on "no facts."

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#2050 : April 20, 2012, 12:17:59 PM

The prosecutor is trying to keep him in jail and wants to reinforce to the Judge that the state thinks he did it.  Both sides spin facts. Here's the defense attorney trying to blunt the "profiling" charge:

State investigator Dale Gilbreath, testifying about a statement he wrote with a detective on the Trayvon Martin case, is questioned by the defense attorney on the use of the word "profiled" to describe Zimmerman's reaction to seeing Martin in the gated community the night of the shooting. Gilbreath says it was meant to imply that Zimmerman expressed alarm over Trayvon's presence in the area based on "no facts."

I know why he said it, I just don't agree with it. Say "the night we BELIEVE you committed a crime", fine, but stating it as fact is total nonsense IMO and it shouldn't be allowed. Though as I've said numerous times, it's just another example of what a joke our system is. It's also about brainwashing potential jury members, as the legal analyst for the local Orlando station said as well.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2051 : April 20, 2012, 12:23:27 PM

I know why he said it, I just don't agree with it. Say "the night we BELIEVE you committed a crime", fine, but stating it as fact is total nonsense IMO and it shouldn't be allowed. Though as I've said numerous times, it's just another example of what a joke our system is. It's also about brainwashing potential jury members, as the legal analyst for the local Orlando station said as well.

I certainly get your point.  I would be surprised, byt the way, if this gets tried in front a local jury.  I am sure the defense counsel will try to avoid that at all costs.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#2052 : April 20, 2012, 12:59:03 PM

If the prosecution says it BELIEVES a crime was committed it is admitting it doesn't KNOW. Immediate reasonable doubt? ? ?

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#2053 : April 20, 2012, 01:58:59 PM

Innocent until PROVEN guilty. If Zimmerman is found guilty their claim will then, and only then, be factual (and even then it's not a fact as innocent people are put in prison every day, but that's another argument altogether). Until then they should have no right to make such a statement, otherwise "innocent until proven guilty" means absolutely nothing.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2054 : April 20, 2012, 02:35:05 PM

Your argument is much ado about nothing.  The prosecutor believes they have the evidence to PROVE the defendant is guilty or they would not bring them to trial.   They then need to present the evidence to a jury or judge to PROVE it beyond a reasonable doubt to them.   The jury or judge are the ones that need to remember that the defendant is innocent until proven guilty since they are the ones that will ultimately make the decision of guilty or not guilty.
Page: 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 399
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools