Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 ... 399

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#3420 : December 03, 2012, 09:56:07 PM

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#3421 : December 03, 2012, 10:58:23 PM

The face of a coward, a turd.....and murderer.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#3422 : December 03, 2012, 10:59:55 PM

possibly, but also a victim.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3423 : December 04, 2012, 01:41:54 PM

Bloody nose = license to kill?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3424 : December 04, 2012, 01:43:35 PM

Is that all it was, a bloody nose?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#3425 : December 04, 2012, 06:49:05 PM

I forgot how close to the Martin family you really were. You knew Trayvon since he was a baby right?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#3426 : December 04, 2012, 09:01:10 PM

brads, you have some interesting comments early in this thread. You had your mind made up real early. From page 4:

They better keep Zimmerman in isolation when he goes to the slammer because he will be dead within hours of being jailed.

Throw him in genpop and let him get what he deserves
: December 04, 2012, 09:04:16 PM VinBucFan

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3427 : December 04, 2012, 09:47:41 PM

brads, you have some interesting comments early in this thread. You had your mind made up real early. From page 4:

They better keep Zimmerman in isolation when he goes to the slammer because he will be dead within hours of being jailed.

Haven't seen anything yet to make me change my mind

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#3428 : December 04, 2012, 10:12:40 PM

Haven't seen anything yet to make me change my mind

lol

spartan

Hall of Famer
#3429 : December 04, 2012, 11:07:28 PM

All depends who it is getting pummelled I guess. If it is me and I have a gun in my pocket, bye bye. As sad it might be, thing aren't the way when we were kids. Fist fight, winner, end of fight. Now it is fist fight, knock the other guy to the floor and beat the living crap out of him. It is more luck than judgement if you survive. So yea, a bloody nose could easily equate to a license to kill.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#3430 : December 04, 2012, 11:22:27 PM

All depends who it is getting pummelled I guess. If it is me and I have a gun in my pocket, bye bye. As sad it might be, thing aren't the way when we were kids. Fist fight, winner, end of fight. Now it is fist fight, knock the other guy to the floor and beat the living crap out of him. It is more luck than judgement if you survive. So yea, a bloody nose could easily equate to a license to kill.

???

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#3431 : December 05, 2012, 12:53:08 AM

All depends who it is getting pummelled I guess. If it is me and I have a gun in my pocket, bye bye.

part of the thought behind the law
: December 05, 2012, 11:10:04 AM VinBucFan

spartan

Hall of Famer
#3432 : December 05, 2012, 09:24:44 AM

???

I know what you are thinking, but look at it this way. If you are on the deck, have just been smashed 5 or 6 times in the face and your assailant shows no sign of stopping, what thoughts are going through your head? What are your options? A bloody, AND obviously broken nose might not look terribly bad to you AFTER the fact, but it is also could be indicative of a good beat down that could have got a lot worse. Note also I said could, not is.
: December 05, 2012, 09:27:19 AM spartan

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#3433 : December 05, 2012, 11:19:13 AM

Strange that society tries to put the onus on the attacked.  A person jumped by an assailant is supposed to decipher the intent of the attacker (is he/she trying to kill me)  and then formulate an appropriate response?  Wouldnt it be much easier -- and, frankly, more logical -- to put the onus on the attacker?  Wouldnt it PREVENT more attacks if the attacker understood the possible grave consequences? 

I imagine that is part of the thought behind the law.  The problem is that society (understandably) probably doesn't have the stomach to endure the number of high-profile and unfotunate losses (like this one) that would have to occur before future would-be attackers got the message, especially when some of the unfortunate losses would no doubt be cast as racism.

BY THE WAY -- the argument "so a bloody nose is a license to kill" -- at this point when so much is known about the event and the scope of Z's injuiries and when there are actual pictures on this thread showing the front and back of the guys head -- well, the "bloody nose" characterization is an argument advance by those sensitive to the fact that Z might have had a reasonable basis to fear for his life.  Why else would one characterize Z's injuries as solely a "bloody nose"? It's a transparent attempt to discount the extent of the attack.
: December 05, 2012, 11:23:43 AM VinBucFan

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3434 : December 05, 2012, 11:30:32 AM

Do those seriously look like life threatening injuries to you? The guy didn't even need medical attention.

Page: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 ... 399
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools