Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 ... 383

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #3495 : May 13, 2013, 08:15:45 PM »

4-5 threads of arguing in the Cove isn't enough for vinny peanuts. had to drudge up the old reliable Trayvon Maring controversy to get more going.  Oddly enough, no gun control diatribes in this thread.

Yea, that is kind of strange isn't it? But at least he didn't forget to use the old "lol" Can a cornucopia of smiley faces be far behind?

Yeah, definitely not trolls  . . . show up as soon as I post on topic  to . . . . (wait for it) . . . .  post off topic . . .  . about me . .  .yeah . .  not trolls at all . . (where's the sarcasm font?)

LOL . . . next will be posts about puppets and liars and all sorts of nonsense . .  in 3 . . .  2 . . .  1 . . .

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
« #3496 : May 13, 2013, 08:18:34 PM »

Well, it's not a cornucopia of smiley faces but we'll settle for one right now. Rest assured there'll be many to follow.

Pyscho-Boy melt down dead ahead folks!

"lol"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #3497 : May 13, 2013, 08:20:41 PM »

Yeah, definitely not trolls  . . . show up as soon as I post on topic  to . . . . (wait for it) . . . .  post off topic . . .  . about me . .  .yeah . .  not trolls at all . . (where's the sarcasm font?)

LOL . . . next will be posts about puppets and liars and all sorts of nonsense . .  in 3 . . .  2 . . .  1 . . .

Right on cue . . .

Well, it's not a cornucopia of smiley faces but we'll settle for one right now. Rest assured there'll be many to follow.

Pyscho-Boy melt down dead ahead folks!

"lol"

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
« #3498 : May 13, 2013, 08:28:32 PM »

Is this the type of courtroom temperament you want representing you?

If so, just dial 1-800 Psycho-Boy.

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-X :-\ :-* :'(

If he's not too busy sucking bandwidth on PR then he'll take your call right way!

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #3499 : May 13, 2013, 08:54:50 PM »

Nothing unusual about the sequestration request but note the request BY THE DEFENSE for the jurors to visit the scene.  No doubt they want jurors to see first hand how far Martin had to come back to where the encounter took place:

"Defense attorney Mark O'Mara also asks that the jurors be allowed to inspect the gated community in Sanford, Fla., where Zimmerman fatally shot Martin during a confrontation last year.
O'Mara says the field trip will allow jurors to determine the reliability of witnesses."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/09/george-zimmerman-wants-trayvon-martin-jurors-sequestered/

Zimmerman is still screwed (due to the 2nd charge), but the timeline is arguably his best defense.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #3500 : May 25, 2013, 11:57:59 PM »

earlier in this thread it was mentioned that the "timeline" would be the biggest problem for the prosecution because the timing and location of the encounter was such that Martin must have turned around rather than going home and then confronted Zimmerman.  In pre-trial motions the defense is trying to get the court to allow into evidence Martin's text messages from the night of the event. Here's what the defense argues:

"“This is relevant to Mr. Martin’s overall demeanor that day and relevant to his emotional state,” a new court filing by the defense team reads. The filing goes on to say the messages “may assist the jury in understanding why Trayvon Martin chose to hide and then confront George Zimmerman rather than simply going home.”
« : May 25, 2013, 11:59:40 PM VinBucFan »

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #3501 : May 27, 2013, 01:01:11 PM »

Gotta watch those risky blacks.

Guess this was missed when it happened...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/27/us/florida-zimmerman-brother-tweets/index.html

(CNN) -- Robert Zimmerman Jr., the brother of the man who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, apologized for his controversial and offensive tweets.

In one, Zimmerman juxtaposed a photograph of Martin with one of 17-year-old De'Marquise Elkins, one of two teenagers charged with killing a baby in Georgia.
Both Elkins and Martin appear to be flipping off the camera.

"A picture speaks a thousand words. Any questions?" the tweet reads.

In another tweet, Zimmerman writes: "Lib media shld ask if what these2 black teens did 2 a woman&baby is the reason ppl think blacks mightB risky."

Speaking on CNN's Piers Morgan Live on Wednesday night, he apologized for the messages, saying they weren't the "right thing to do."

"I realize those were controversial and offensive and I did publicly apologize for them," he said. "I'm a human being. I'm being upfront about what I did. I made a mistake ... Unfortunately (it) may not have helped George."

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #3502 : May 27, 2013, 01:02:50 PM »

lol -- the search for the truth begins with . . . .  post event tweets by a person not even involved in the event. .  . . . :-[

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #3503 : May 27, 2013, 03:35:07 PM »

Guess this was missed when it happened...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/27/us/florida-zimmerman-brother-tweets/index.html

(CNN) -- Robert Zimmerman Jr., the brother of the man who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, apologized for his controversial and offensive tweets.

In one, Zimmerman juxtaposed a photograph of Martin with one of 17-year-old De'Marquise Elkins, one of two teenagers charged with killing a baby in Georgia.
Both Elkins and Martin appear to be flipping off the camera.

"A picture speaks a thousand words. Any questions?" the tweet reads.

In another tweet, Zimmerman writes: "Lib media shld ask if what these2 black teens did 2 a woman&baby is the reason ppl think blacks mightB risky."

Speaking on CNN's Piers Morgan Live on Wednesday night, he apologized for the messages, saying they weren't the "right thing to do."

"I realize those were controversial and offensive and I did publicly apologize for them," he said. "I'm a human being. I'm being upfront about what I did. I made a mistake ... Unfortunately (it) may not have helped George."

I don't see much difference in what he did, and what the media did intentionally trying to mislead the public with pictures of Trayvon when he was what, 10? The pictures Trayvon used to represent himself, on FB, painted quite a different picture than the one the media tried to force on all of us. Why didn't the media use the pictures Trayvon himself handpicked? Oh, that's right.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #3504 : May 28, 2013, 11:12:34 AM »

Interesting ruling on the evidence.  The "for now" is the key

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/28/18556018-judge-bars-evidence-for-now-in-george-zimmerman-trial?lite

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

« #3505 : May 29, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »

They do exist.   Go take a walk through College Hill for a couple of hours this Saturday around 2am.     If you live through it, you can come back and tell us that's not risky.

There are risky whites too.   

« : May 29, 2013, 09:06:22 AM bassfisher »

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #3506 : May 29, 2013, 10:40:11 AM »

The prosecutor is hoping some of you are in her jury pool

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #3507 : May 30, 2013, 11:09:49 AM »

Itsastounding how little this person understands what he/she is writing:

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/ad-lib/2013/may/30/trayvon-martin-update-trying-trayvon-court-public-/

1. The judge did NOT say Martin's background information (text messages, suspension, etc) could not be used at trial, she said it could not be used in the OPENING STATEMENT.   That is because it is not in evidence yet and may not be able to get into evidence based on hearsay (i.e. can it be authenticated)

2. One exception to hearsay is "state of mind." The defense will argue that the text message from the day of the event show that Martin's state of mind was "angry" and that is why he doubled back to confront Z.

3. The defense tried to put all the character information evidence in so as to set up an argument to prevent the prosecution from using similar background information on Z. If the prosecution wants to convict Z on the basis of his character (ie, he's a racist) then how could the judge keep out evidence of Martin's character? Defense counsel has said as much many times.

4. to call out defense counsel for making infromation on Martin public is absurd given the long public prosecution of Z.  For goodness sake, the state held press conferences. Its also the truth, which is different than whether it gets into evidence
« : May 30, 2013, 11:12:56 AM VinBucFan »

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #3508 : May 30, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »

That could apply to a lot of people ....

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #3509 : May 30, 2013, 12:14:14 PM »

That could apply to a lot of people ....

not many of those people write under the the name Washington Times, but you're right.
  Page: 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 ... 383
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools