Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 ... 383

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#3960 : July 02, 2013, 04:25:35 PM

You should work on your sarcasm comprehension. And we're not friends.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#3961 : July 02, 2013, 04:27:53 PM

Easy now everyone , let's not get personal, we've been doing pretty well today.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#3962 : July 02, 2013, 04:28:07 PM

"It's a fact that TM has no criminal record. Whether intend or not prejudgment is becoming a habit for you in this discussion."

Let me rephrase. I judged him a thief after he got caught with the bag of women's jewelry.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#3963 : July 02, 2013, 04:29:35 PM

True CBW , because you have been nothing but fair and objective. Tell me again how Zimmerman had no injuries whatsoever, I enjoyed that objective viewpoint. It doesn't surprise me that you, like other Trayvon supporters, ignore that he made the decision to either wait for GZ or double back to confront him. There is no getting around this point no matter how much you wish it would just go away.

Funny. And Zimmerman supporters ignore the fact he decided to step outside his vehicle with a loaded weapon to someone who was not an immediate threat to him. Its amazing how this ignore thing works.

I've stated repeatedly that Zimmerman went to the T. That's me ignoring that he got out of his car? Is he Fred Flinstone? Did he first remove the floor of his vehicle, pick it up, and walk over to the T while remaining inside his truck? Was Zimmerman to carry around an unloaded weapon? Or how about this, how about we let the constitution decide if he was allowed to exit his vehicle with his gun. You okay with that?

uuuhhhh.......what? You seriously lost me on this one. Also, its the Bill of Rights that gives Zimmerman the right to bear arms not the constitution genius. Tyring to make yourself look smart isn't working for you.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#3964 : July 02, 2013, 04:31:39 PM

You should work on your sarcasm comprehension. And we're not friends.

Thats two times for you within 10 minutes. My post wasn't sarcasm. There are online exercises you can practice on.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#3965 : July 02, 2013, 04:36:14 PM

Your post wasn't, but my post was, and that was the post I was referring to. I had thought this would be blatantly obvious, but it appears I overestimated you. How about we just agree not to converse? Stupidity tends to wear on me quickly.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#3966 : July 02, 2013, 04:37:07 PM

"It's a fact that TM has no criminal record. Whether intend or not prejudgment is becoming a habit for you in this discussion."

Let me rephrase. I judged him a thief after he got caught with the bag of women's jewelry.

Haha! Fair enough. I guess.  :-[

spartan

Hall of Famer
#3967 : July 02, 2013, 04:42:03 PM

True CBW , because you have been nothing but fair and objective. Tell me again how Zimmerman had no injuries whatsoever, I enjoyed that objective viewpoint. It doesn't surprise me that you, like other Trayvon supporters, ignore that he made the decision to either wait for GZ or double back to confront him. There is no getting around this point no matter how much you wish it would just go away.

Funny. And Zimmerman supporters ignore the fact he decided to step outside his vehicle with a loaded weapon to someone who was not an immediate threat to him. Its amazing how this ignore thing works.

If you have a CCW permit you go for a piss with a loaded weapon, it doesn't mean you intend to shoot your **CENSORED** off!

You assertion implies that he stepped out of his car with the intent of using his weapon. Nothing in this case points to that being so.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#3968 : July 02, 2013, 04:43:59 PM

I'd like to hear some alternate proposals for how the people in this neighborhood could have salvaged their accumulated investment without turning to a neighborhood watch program or something similar. Please don't suggest "let the police handle it," as that was the very strategy that led to its consistent and prolonged deterioration in the first place.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#3969 : July 02, 2013, 04:46:11 PM

"You assertion implies that he stepped out of his car with the intent of using his weapon. Nothing in this case points to that being so."

And the prosecution will need to prove ill will or malice to get their charges to stick.

Mr. Milich

Hall of Famer
#3970 : July 02, 2013, 04:58:41 PM

Generally speaking there's nothing wrong w/ a neighborhood watch type of concept. Law enforcement is not the only option and the right to personal protection in my opinion is sacrosanct. It seems to work for most communities and this type of problem seems to be more of an anomaly than anything else. It arose only because the NHW captain went beyond the established rules of the program itself. Nothing wrong w/ the program as long as the established procedures are followed. Not a reason to eliminate and no need to throw the baby out w/ the bath water.
: July 02, 2013, 05:00:51 PM Durango 95

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#3971 : July 02, 2013, 05:31:51 PM

Oh come off it already. You have no moral high-ground of which to claim here. I am amazed, yet unsurprised, that you seem to think that your inability to admit any wrongdoing on Zimmerman's part in this matter doesn't constitute as bias.

The bottom line is that there are rules to performing one's duties as a neighborhood watchman that are designed to protect the whatcher. The fact that Zimmerman was spotted several times, and ultimately confronted by Martin while following him, coupled with his demeanor on the 911 call is proof positive that Zimmerman ignored virtually all of these rules while (and probably because of the fact that) he was carrying a concealed firearm.

I am a grown man who not only supports the concept of neighborhoods having a watch program, but also prides myself on my ability to refrain from resorting to physical violence as a means of conflict resolution, and I would have been easily pissed of, annoyed, and intimidated had Zimmerman been following me the way that he was Trayvon that night. If Trayvon were truly the violently dangerous menace to society that you have repeatedly and "unbiasedly"  ::) portrayed him as in your posts, then Zimmerman likely would have payed a far higher price for his negligence than the few minor scratches that he suffered at the hands of Martin.

Zimmerman was just as much the instigator as Martin, perhaps even moreso, because of the two, Martin was the only one minding his business prior to the events taking place on the night in question.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#3972 : July 02, 2013, 05:43:57 PM

"Martin was the only one minding his business prior to the events taking place on the night in question"

Any decent neighborhood watchperson would "mind his own business" when they see a stranger checking out houses in their neighborhood. Isn't that one of the big things that the neighborhood watch association looks for in applicants - minds their own business, doesn't investigate. Sounds ideal.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#3973 : July 02, 2013, 06:04:33 PM

"Martin was the only one minding his business prior to the events taking place on the night in question"

Any decent neighborhood watchperson would "mind his own business" when they see a stranger checking out houses in their neighborhood. Isn't that one of the big things that the neighborhood watch association looks for in applicants - minds their own business, doesn't investigate. Sounds ideal.

Where in the neighborhood watch protocol does it call for members to patrol or investigate anything?

http://www.usaonwatch.org/assets/publications/0_NW_Manual_1210.pdf

Neighborhood watchman are supposed to observe and report. They aren't supposed to strap on a firearm, patrol, and investigate. You're confusing a neighborhood watchman with a security guard or a police officer. Same mistake Zimmerman made.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#3974 : July 02, 2013, 06:21:35 PM

Logic tells me that in order to observe, one must be in a position to see that which they wish to observe. But perhaps that's just me. The firearm was his own personal weapon, and had nothing to do with neighborhood watch.
Page: 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 ... 383
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools