Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 303 304 305 306 307 ... 399

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#4560 : July 12, 2013, 01:10:48 PM

The state failed to prove, in any way, the following:

1. Who started the conflict
2. That GZ was anywhere other than the T
3. That GZ was in any way the aggressor at any point in time
4. That GZ "followed" Trayvon any further than the T

They ASSUMED all of these things at various points of the trial. But as MoM said, not one shred of evidence proves any of it. This shouldn't be a long deliberation, though I'm still expecting a guilty verdict of some sort.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#4561 : July 12, 2013, 01:11:53 PM

The "common sense" argument used by the prosecution is to suggest to the jury to follow the law that benefits the prosecution and ignore what they feel does not. For lack of a better term he wants them to exercise a partial nullification on parts of the law. Keep their focus on TM walking home being followed, scared of his pursuer and defending himself in a fight for his own life.  Powerful close for the prosecution. Now we wait and see if it resonates w/ the jury..

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#4562 : July 12, 2013, 01:14:15 PM

If Zimmerman is acquitted and civil unrest ensues. Inevitably the anti gun crowd will seek to parlay that into once again projecting their objectives. Their discussion however will not be about their view of "liberally applied" self defense laws.. It'll be about additional laws to limit guns.

For those that may be supportive of an acquittal based on their  ideological belief that it serves the rights of gun owners. In the long run, it may actually serve to undermine their own interests.

Not saying any of that is a rational reaction, but it may become the political reality.

* in other words, for the pro gun crowd it may be time to batten down the hatches, again.
On the contrary...its time to show why the laws are established to own a gun. If someone wants to bring themselves into a place with the intentions of harm well hope they have weighed all the surrounding options...OBD

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4563 : July 12, 2013, 01:17:28 PM

The jury is all women?? . . .Women vote on EMOTION, not facts.

That's just wrong (not unexpected). ...Women do not decide purely on emotion,

Comparing oranges/apples to peanut butter. Not unexpected.  :D

Oh yeah . . . definitely "oranges/apples"

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#4564 : July 12, 2013, 01:18:11 PM

George Zimmerman is a pre-meditated, murdering POS.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4565 : July 12, 2013, 01:20:14 PM

For lack of a better term he wants them to exercise a partial nullification on parts of the law.

+1

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#4566 : July 12, 2013, 01:21:34 PM

Why is Faith Jenkins claiming its illegal to stop someone and question them? Its not. Trayvon does have the right to not answer though.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#4567 : July 12, 2013, 01:22:42 PM

Why is Faith Jenkins claiming its illegal to stop someone and question them? Its not. Trayvon does have the right to not answer though.

You really think fatso, gun carrying, cop-wannabe Zimmerman stalked TM to give TM a Chamber of Commerce poll?
: July 12, 2013, 01:25:54 PM TheChronicHotAir

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#4568 : July 12, 2013, 01:25:03 PM

Possibility of a verdict today? I think they go through the weekend.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#4569 : July 12, 2013, 01:27:07 PM

I think they could decide today. Its been 3 weeks and I'm sure they wanna get home for the weekend.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4570 : July 12, 2013, 01:29:32 PM

maybe not.  tons of interesting discussions about short and long deliberations, both sides can claim both favor them.

One thing to consider is the jury is made of real human beings with real lives.  If they have been talking during the trial and they have been fairly unanimous in their views either way, if they get their instruction with enough time, they might start their deliberations with a question about whether they really want to come back on Monday, deal with it through the weekend etc.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4571 : July 12, 2013, 01:30:11 PM

the instructions from the judge may actually take a while

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#4572 : July 12, 2013, 01:30:17 PM

True. At this point I'd assume they all have their opinions pretty much set. I don't think any opinions will be changed after revisiting the evidence. I just think they'll take extra time to avoid having to hear "and they didn't even take this seriously", or something along those lines.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#4573 : July 12, 2013, 01:39:17 PM

If Zimmerman is acquitted and civil unrest ensues. Inevitably the anti gun crowd will seek to parlay that into once again projecting their objectives. Their discussion however will not be about their view of "liberally applied" self defense laws.. It'll be about additional laws to limit guns.

For those that may be supportive of an acquittal based on their  ideological belief that it serves the rights of gun owners. In the long run, it may actually serve to undermine their own interests.

Not saying any of that is a rational reaction, but it may become the political reality.

* in other words, for the pro gun crowd it may be time to batten down the hatches, again.
On the contrary...its time to show why the laws are established to own a gun. If someone wants to bring themselves into a place with the intentions of harm well hope they have weighed all the surrounding options...OBD

Why are you quoting what I wrote to make that point? It's a non sequitur. I commented on the possible political / social fallout . You're making a point about your own feelings on guns. This not the first time you've done this where you've quoted me and then respond w/ something unrelated to the point.

I'm not sure what's worse, your ability to reason or your ability to write.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#4574 : July 12, 2013, 01:54:58 PM

lol @ the NAACP calling for nonviolet acts. Yet actions say otherwise.

Page: 1 ... 303 304 305 306 307 ... 399
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trayvon Martin controversy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools