Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Richardson Be a Great Pick, After All? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#120 : March 23, 2012, 10:42:47 AM

Pot calling the kettle black. Anyone that so much as suggests that Richardson might not be the second coming of Adrian Peterson can look forward to your soapbox rants.

My point is, once a RB gets to the secondary and is in a one on one with a corner, the odds are always in the RB's favor, I don't care how good the RB is, or how good the CB is. There are very few CB's that I can think of ever where that wasn't the case. Rod Woodson, Charles Woodson, maybe?

We aren't drafting the guy to tackle RB's, we are drafting him to cover WR's.
No, anyone that makes slander remarks, the "soapbox rant" will follow. The dumbest **CENSORED** ever said about Richardson has been stated by some of these posters. What I learned here is that people will fabricate anything regarding a player they don't like as much as the next one. But, yeah, I just spaz on everybody who doesn't think he isn't the 2nd coming of AP......??????

Yeah, you'd actually have a point but nobody here was even thinking Claiborne less of a prospect. And look back, there really wasn't a point to be made.
: March 23, 2012, 10:45:11 AM Detrimental

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#121 : March 23, 2012, 10:44:16 AM

Richardson is a good collegiate running back. Too bad about his knee though.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#122 : March 23, 2012, 12:54:33 PM

I think the Browns go with TR, which narrows our options significantly.

Even if they don't, I'd rather take Claiborne if we stay at 5.  It's not that I think Richardson isn't going to be good, but I think that Martin and Wilson are closer in talent level to TR then Dennard and Minnefield are to Claiborne.

Bucfan2thedeath

Second String

#123 : March 23, 2012, 01:53:23 PM

He had twelve carries in that game go for three yards or less.

and something like 150 yds from scrimmage?   and FWIW I'll take 3 yds from a back with 9 defenders in the box...

but thats just me...
I thought Trent Richardson was some superstar player? Couldn't the Bucs hand the ball to LeGarrette Blount, Lamar Miller, David Wilson, Doug Martin, or someone other than Trent Richardson and get 3 yards or less on 12 of 20 carries? What's the premium you get for spending the #5 overall pick?

What part of 9 IN THE BOX don't you understand?!  Are you really as dense as you appear to be? 

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#124 : March 23, 2012, 02:00:34 PM

Alright I'm going to type this one more damn time. We have 3 CB's that are age 24 or younger. We have 5 CB's that are age 26 and younger. Then we have another CB coming back that is one of the most heralded players the Bucs have ever had, and is a sure bet to be in the Hall of Fame once he retires. That's 6 CB's, and all of them have atleast flashed some nice plays in the past couple years. EJ Biggers, who will be the #3 CB AT BEST this year was covering the #1's last year. Talib and Eric Wright have both been #1 CB's on winning teams, as has Ronde. We do not need a CB that damn bad when we have only 1 single RB even on the roster as of right now, and from what we've seen he can't block, run outside or understand much schemes outside of giving him the ball and making an athletic play. On top of that, this is his last year on contract. There is no way in hell that with a new coaching staff in place that the Bucs are just going to immediately give up on 3 CB's that are 24 and younger without even seeing them in a training camp, practice or preseason game. The coaching last year was flat out awful, and the position that the Bucs terrible coach worked most extensively with was the CB's. Do you really think they gave Eric Wright $37 million to be the #3 CB at best? Do you think they gave Talib a "fresh start" so they could draft his replacement before he even gets to start the season? Do you think they would want to bring Ronde back, and have him agree to come back without getting atleast some sort of acknowledgement that he would play a major role? Seriously, if they drafted Claiborne with the #5 pick, that would mean that AT BEST Ronde will come into the season as the #4 CB on the Bucs. Probably #5 behind Biggers, and that's without taking into account that if Myron is finally healthy that they'd want to see what he's got, and Gaitor who's going into his 2nd year and flashed some talent last year in limited playing time.

I like Claiborne a lot, I think he's going to be an awesome corner in the NFL. But I really do not understand at all why so many people think that the CB position is the position on the Bucs roster that desperately needs help. Look at the Patriots, Packers and Giants...they really don't have crap for CB's other than 35 year old Charles Woodson and Tramon Williams. The Texans corners are AWFUL besides Jonathan Joseph, and they had the #1 defense in the league for a majority of the year. The Chargers had a great defense as well, and I bet you couldn't name a player in their secondary besides Quentin Jammer and Eric Weddle. What these teams all have in common are front 7's that get a lot of pressure. That's where the bad throws that turn into turnovers happen. The Browns need help in every area of their offense besides their OL, so who knows what route they could go. But I really don't think at all that the Bucs are planning on drafting a CB when there's 6 already on roster that have at the very least flashed talent with a terrible coaching staff during their careers so far. At this point, if we don't sign a MLB in free agency I'm picking either Richardson or trading down for Kuechly. In the 2nd round either go RB or LB depending on which we chose in the 1st round, and then in the 3rd grab Josh Norman the corner from Coastal Carolina who's a big time sleeper. And if we traded back we'd probably have an extra 2nd at the least to grab another position of need.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#125 : March 23, 2012, 02:06:25 PM

He had twelve carries in that game go for three yards or less.

and something like 150 yds from scrimmage?   and FWIW I'll take 3 yds from a back with 9 defenders in the box...

but thats just me...
I thought Trent Richardson was some superstar player? Couldn't the Bucs hand the ball to LeGarrette Blount, Lamar Miller, David Wilson, Doug Martin, or someone other than Trent Richardson and get 3 yards or less on 12 of 20 carries? What's the premium you get for spending the #5 overall pick?

What part of 9 IN THE BOX don't you understand?!  Are you really as dense as you appear to be?
The point is everyone acts like if the Bucs get Richardson, Freeman is never going to have more than 3rd-and-2 to complete, but Richardson is not some magic player who always makes positive yards. He gets stuffed just like every other RB.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Richardson Be a Great Pick, After All? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools