Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can people stop saying there are high Bust rate for first round Running backs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

youngone

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 21, 2012, 06:31:53 PM

Laughed after I saw Marshawn Lynch labeled a bust but calling Leon hall a bust is where I stopped reading.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#31 : March 21, 2012, 06:38:42 PM

I don't think being replaceable makes a RB a bust, but it does show why you shouldn't draft that position early. Good backs get found in later rounds almost every year. That's just the simple fact.

so do HOF corners...ask Ronde

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#32 : March 21, 2012, 06:43:57 PM

Leon Hall had 32 tackles and only two picks this year...compared to fellow first round corners like Jason Allen and Aaron Ross

maybe we should just say he is in the get paid and disappear club

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 21, 2012, 07:16:50 PM

Leon Hall had 32 tackles and only two picks this year...compared to fellow first round corners like Jason Allen and Aaron Ross

Leon Hall missed 7 games this season. He's easily in the discussion for one of the top 10 cornerbacks in the NFL when healthy.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 21, 2012, 10:18:17 PM

Everyone is saying the value is at corner...its a safer pick yada yada yada

list of first round backs since 2005
Mark Ingram
CJ Spiller
Ryan Matthews
Jahvid Best
Knowshon Moreno
Donald Brwon
Chris Wells
Darren McFadden
Jonathan Stewart
Felix Jones
Rashard Mendenhall
Chris Johnson
Adrian Peterson
Marshawn Lynch-Bust
Reggie Bush-Bust
Laurence Maroney
Denaglo Williams
Joseph Addai
Ronnie Brown
Carnell Williams-Bust

3/20 or 15% of the backs drafted since 2005 have been busts(people can argue Ronnie Brown but I dont consider a 800/year average back a bust)

now look at Corners since 2005

Patrick Peterson
Prince Amukamara-potential bust
Jimmy Smith
Joe Haden
Kareem Jackson
Devin McCourty
Kyle Wilson
Malcom Jenkins
Vontae Davis
Leodis McKelvin
DRC
Aqib Talib
Mike Jenkins
Antoine Cason
Darelle Revis
Leon Hall- Bust
Aaron Ross
Tye Hill-Bust
Jason Allen
Antonio Cromartie
Jonathan Joseph
Kelly Jennings-Bust
Adam Pac Man Jones- Bust
Antrel Rolle-Bust
Carlos Rogers
Fabian Washington-Bust
Marlin Jackson

7/27 or 25% of the corners drafted since 2005 have been busts

People can make the assumptions that running backs dont last as long...ill give you that...but by the numbers there have been more corners that have been busts than Running backs drafted in the recent 7 years

A) Name the RBs on the 2 SB teams this season.

B) Go look at the list of top rushers last season and let me know when you get to a guy who was drafted in the 1st rd.

C) The NFL is now a passing league.

IMO, unless a guy has AP-type talent, drafting a RB w/the 5th pick is a waste. And IMO, Richardson has nothing close to AP-type talent.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 22, 2012, 03:24:43 AM

Revis in 2010 had 32 tackles and zero INTs in 13 games (4 more than Hall played), I guess he's  bust too.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 22, 2012, 08:11:02 AM

Again, why are you worried about bust rate? All high pick bust at terrible rates. The problem with the RB isn't that they bust it is that what they do doesn't add much, if any, value to the roster. CB's are paid to stop the other team's QB. So you are trying to deflate the strongest asset of the other side - that's good thing. Especially in this league.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 22, 2012, 08:20:23 AM

Again, why are you worried about bust rate? All high pick bust at terrible rates. The problem with the RB isn't that they bust it is that what they do doesn't add much, if any, value to the roster. CB's are paid to stop the other team's QB. So you are trying to deflate the strongest asset of the other side - that's good thing. Especially in this league.

Perfectly stated.  The way of the league has made CB's more valueable than RB's.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 22, 2012, 08:23:36 AM

and yet the CB's for both SB teams were pretty average.  there are many ways to win.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 22, 2012, 08:31:33 AM

and yet the CB's for both SB teams were pretty average.  there are many ways to win.

All I said was that CB's are more valueable than RB's... I didn't say you needed great one's to win.  Right now, it seems that you need a great QB, an excellent pass rush, and excellent pass catchers.  Looking back over the last few years, that's something that pops quite routinely in the Super Bowl.
: March 22, 2012, 08:33:25 AM TBayXXXVII

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 22, 2012, 08:32:40 AM

the Pats were using a RB at CB during their playoff run.

Orangegone1

Starter

#41 : March 22, 2012, 08:41:49 AM

Picking a RB that high in the draft is risky. Look at the inuries. Mendenhall/Moreno/Peterson/-ACL surgery. C. Williams 2 patella tendon surgeries. Ingram missed playoffs with injury. J. Best went on I/R concussion. McFadden-missed 9 games. Deangelo Williams missed 13 games over 2 years. Felix Jones has had knee/toe/ankle injuries that has kept him out. Addai missed 13 games over 3 years. Ronnie Brown missed 9 games knee and 7 with toe. I would rather have 3 good backs rather than trying to get 1 great back. Chances are he is going to be injuried alot. It does seem the shorter/stocky running backs may have an advantage. It's harder to get to the knees. MJD, Ray Rice, and Michael Turner come to mind. I think Richardson could be a special back but I still wouldn't take the chance with the 5th pick.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 22, 2012, 08:55:21 AM

Joseph Addai was hardly a bust, dude put together several 1,000 yard seasons and had double digit touchdown numbers twice in his career. I'd love for the Bucs to get a bust like that. Carnell was great his first season but was broken. It's not his fault he got hurt (it was Gruden's, for running him into the ground). In fact, most of these "busts" are due to injury, which you can't really control. Anyone can get hurt in the NFL, it's just running backs are at greater risk because of the pounding they take.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 22, 2012, 09:41:27 AM

the Pats were using a RB at CB during their playoff run.

Tell me then about all the great RB's they were using too. 

There's an element now where the QB is almost the only thing that matters in the league. You show me a team's QB production for the year and I'll tell you if they are a winning or losing team and be right more times than not without looking at any other factor. Winning is all about being able to minimize their QB or maximize yours. 

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : March 22, 2012, 09:46:29 AM

Tell me then about all the great RB's they were using too. 

There's an element now where the QB is almost the only thing that matters in the league. You show me a team's QB production for the year and I'll tell you if they are a winning or losing team and be right more times than not without looking at any other factor. Winning is all about being able to minimize their QB or maximize yours.

i can agree with this.  and we arent getting luck or rg3.  so whether we are drafting a RB or a CB we are maximizing ours and minimizing theirs.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can people stop saying there are high Bust rate for first round Running backs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools