Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints Suspensions, Reactions, Etc. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #75 : March 21, 2012, 01:35:10 PM »

All teams/coaches/players will get a lesson from this.

Don't lie to the Commish or not read his memos.

This isn't over. He still has the players punishment and maybe the Skins and Bills.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #76 : March 21, 2012, 01:37:24 PM »

I want MORE! Step on their nuts!!!!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #77 : March 21, 2012, 01:38:25 PM »

Benson has to fire them. He can't think keeping Loomis and Payton and Vitt on the team is good for his organization.

Saints might be thrown into full-blown rebuilding mode because of this.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #78 : March 21, 2012, 01:39:55 PM »

Saints coach Sean Payton was shocked to find out today that he has been banished from the NFL for the entire 2012 season for his team’s bounty scandal.

Jay Glazer said on NFL Network that he interviewed Payton immediately after the news came down, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s punishment is far more severe than Payton was expecting.

“I did talk to him and he’s stunned to say the least,” Glazer said. “I think the entire team thought maybe there’d be a four-game suspension, but not a year. I said, ‘Are you OK?’ And he said, ‘No, I’m not OK.’ He is stunned. He’s going to lose about $8 million. He is beside himself here.”

Glazer reports that Payton’s plan for the four-game suspension he had braced himself for was to have assistant head coach/linebackers coach Joe Vitt take over as interim head coach while Payton served the suspension. But that plan is now out the window because Vitt has been suspended six games for his own role in the bounty scandal.

The Saints may now have either offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael or former Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo, who was slated to replace Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator, step in as the head coach.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
« #79 : March 21, 2012, 01:40:20 PM »

:o :o
That Gruden to Saints has a surface gloss to it, but the logistics would be tricky.

My bet is that if they bring in Gruden, they are immediate favorites to win the Super Bowl.

?????????

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #80 : March 21, 2012, 01:46:10 PM »

All teams/coaches/players will get a lesson from this.

Don't lie to the Commish or not read his memos.

This isn't over. He still has the players punishment and maybe the Skins and Bills.

I suspect the player punishment is being worked out with the NLPA so there is no real appeal process. I hope we played the Saints early in the year.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #81 : March 21, 2012, 01:50:54 PM »

Jim Wyatt ‏ @jwyattsports

Commissioner Roger Goodell instructed all clubs today to certify that no such bounty program exists at any NFL team

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #82 : March 21, 2012, 01:53:27 PM »

If you need some giggle juice:

http://blackandgold.com/saints/42395-bountygate-penalties.html

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #83 : March 21, 2012, 01:54:41 PM »

The other Saints forum's server is too busy for the second time this month. The last time, when Carl Nicks signed.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #84 : March 21, 2012, 01:58:11 PM »

The other Saints forum's server is too busy for the second time this month. The last time, when Carl Nicks signed.

Here's some highlights:

**** the NFL. IM CACNELING MY SUNDAY TICKET

This is some ole **CENSORED**a-mammy BULL**CENSORED**!!!!!!!n Goodell/NFL just wanted to make sure that there was no way we would be the first team to host the super bowl

The league had to be absolutely sure that the Saints were crippled this year and they did it.

tmac87

Starter
« #85 : March 21, 2012, 02:01:36 PM »

LOL. I feel like the Saints got PWNED by Goodell, but all I want to do now? Become the Java of their message boards and rub it in......

Sue me.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #86 : March 21, 2012, 02:03:14 PM »

MORE! MORE SAINTS SADNESS! I MUST FEED!!

Saints pain is good for Beatles!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #87 : March 21, 2012, 02:07:36 PM »

Somehow I dont see them contending for a Super Bowl next year. Opportunity for TB and Car to take advantage.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #88 : March 21, 2012, 02:08:54 PM »

Benson has to fire them. He can't think keeping Loomis and Payton and Vitt on the team is good for his organization.

Saints might be thrown into full-blown rebuilding mode because of this.

So   ...

Does this encourage or Discourage Brees in signing is franchise tag???

whoa.

He won't sign. He might even go so far as to demand a trade publicly, which would be smart to do. Wash his hands of it and GTFO of town.

Thi is going to be interesting.   They aren't in rebuilding mode right now as they have nothing to rebuild with.  No first, missing two seconds, up against the cap, they are in limbo for the next few years.  They actually may be better off trading him.  Get the picks they need to rebuild, clear up future cap space they would need to use to keep him.  Heck, with him at the helm they might be too successful to rebuild successfully.  They could be looking at what we did, missing picks, reaching on FAs an not failing hard enough to get the top draft picks.  Miss on a few of the one you do get and dammn, it sucks to be you.   And I bet Miami would hand over a king's ransom for him (and they wouldn't be the only ones)

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #89 : March 21, 2012, 02:09:01 PM »

Payton suspended for a year. OK, that's rough. Williams out indefinitely. Who cares because he's out of the organization?
But the keys are THIS: No first rounders taken away. They lose a second this year and a second next year. Big deal.
And then their GM is out for half the season. Is that really a big deal? They've made a slew of deals BEFORE this anyway so free agency is basically done for them.
Goodell dragged his heels on a decision so their draft board should be basically done ... and they don't have a first or second anyway.
IMHO Loomis got off easy and the Saints were only hurt in superficial terms.
It could have been much much worse for them.
« : March 22, 2012, 09:29:07 AM 3rd String Kicker »

In Verner We Trust
  Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints Suspensions, Reactions, Etc. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools