Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne might be less likely to be taken by the Bucs. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 22, 2012, 01:29:44 AM

As much as I think Claiborne is the right pick, TR is one hell of a consolation prize.

I completely agree.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 22, 2012, 01:35:46 AM

Consolation prize........lol. Trent Richardson will be THE prize of this draft. I stand by that, quote me on it for later.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 22, 2012, 01:37:31 AM

I'm gonna be THRILLED with either Claiborne (Secondary goes from dreadful to potentially special with Claiborne, Talib (hopefully) Wright and Barber; Richardson (he and Blount would sick combo); or Blackmon (a scary receiving trio with VJax and MW19, and great depth behind them.

We are in the cat birds seat for sure.

Exactly.

Over the last few months there has been thread after thread and post after post debating which of these three is the right pick and how much the other two would be awful choices at #5. The fact is...whether its Claiborne, TR, Blackmon...or maybe even Kalil...all 3(or 4) if drafted will instantly make their respected positions on the team an instant strength...and thats exciting.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 22, 2012, 01:56:44 AM

Yeah, if you're gonna pick ANY running back, TR is a good way to go. I want Claiborne first. But if I have to choose next, TR has to get the nod over Kuechly. No QB obviously. No Decastro because we're set at guard. No tight end or safety in the conversation. No Blackmon unless you plan to make another trade. Kalil will be gone and Reiff doesn't convince me. So if it's not Claiborne and unless you're gonna reach big time for a CB like Gilmore, TR works. Not the value we want, but the best guy on the board.

In Verner We Trust

NittanyBuc

Starter

#19 : March 22, 2012, 02:30:01 AM

Consolation prize........lol. Trent Richardson will be THE prize of this draft. I stand by that, quote me on it for later.
I don't doubt that one bit. I fell in love with T Rich when he started against Penn State 2 seasons ago because Mark Ingram was out. All I meant by "consolation prize" was that, in my opinion, Claiborne is the best option for this team. Trust me, I'm thrilled with either one.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#20 : March 22, 2012, 02:43:28 AM

With blounts lack of blocking & receiving skills id love tr but Claiborne will be great too. But neither of them will be as good as luck or rg3 so as far as either being the prize of the draft id say no

Go Bucs

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 22, 2012, 02:47:01 AM

Trade down.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 22, 2012, 02:50:55 AM

I still think we should draft Claiborne with the 5th pick and adress the runningback position in the second round with Doug Martin.

If Claiborne is gone then i'm really okay with drafting Richardson, but I also support the idea of trading down to get maybe another 2 round pick so we can adress maybe Linebacker(Kuechly) in the first with RB(Martin) and CB(Stephon Gilmore/Alfonzo Dennard/Jayron Hosley/Josh Robinson) in the second.

MasterC25

Starter
#23 : March 22, 2012, 02:57:20 AM

Trade down.

It will not be that easy. Therefore highly unlikely. Teams value draft picks unless the move is for a QB. No one is trading up to # 5 for Tannehill.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#24 : March 22, 2012, 03:03:45 AM

I'm completely on board with taking Richardson but it all depends on CLE at #4. Both Claiborne or Richardson at #5 can both help us right away depending on who Dominik/Schiano rate higher. We're in a win-win situation where we pick.

bashear

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 22, 2012, 03:56:44 AM

A one year deal for a 37 year old DB is not going to affect our draft strategy one iota.
Well. maybe one or two iota, but if they have Claiborne ranked that high, I don't see Barber having that kind of impact on the draft. Maybe they aren't sold on Claiborne and plan to address the position later in the draft, in FA, or next year.

It's way to long to wait until the draft.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#26 : March 22, 2012, 04:47:46 AM

Option 1a) Trade Down
Option 1b) Draft Claiborne
Option 1c) Draft Richardson

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 22, 2012, 07:06:00 AM

Option 1a) Trade Down
Option 1b) Draft Claiborne
Option 1c) Draft Richardson

Agreed

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 22, 2012, 07:11:38 AM

trade down for who though?

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#29 : March 22, 2012, 07:13:48 AM

Mlb from bc kuchley(sp)

Go Bucs
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne might be less likely to be taken by the Bucs. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools