Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne might be less likely to be taken by the Bucs. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 22, 2012, 07:24:58 AM

TR had two games where he had less than 4 yards per carry last year. In one, versus LSU, he had 3.9. In the other, he had 3 TDs on 13 carries. How is that NOT elite?

Link: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/480206/trent-richardson

...and even against an unbelievable defense like LSU , he's going to do this to you from time to time:

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 22, 2012, 07:26:38 AM

Barber, at 37 yrs/old, returning for another season should have ZERO impact on this years draft strategy. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 22, 2012, 08:00:50 AM

Barber, at 37 yrs/old, returning for another season should have ZERO impact on this years draft strategy.

If Dom and Rutgers are:

a. Dumb enough to let a 37 year old marginal now CB affect the draft they are fools
b. Dumb enough to believe running backs matter enough to take at #5

I wish them all the failure in the world they're gonna get.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 22, 2012, 08:03:27 AM

Exactly.

Over the last few months there has been thread after thread and post after post debating which of these three is the right pick and how much the other two would be awful choices at #5. The fact is...whether its Claiborne, TR, Blackmon...or maybe even Kalil...all 3(or 4) if drafted will instantly make their respected positions on the team an instant strength...and thats exciting.

Well not really. Richardson being a strength is only a bit more exciting than making punter and kicker a team strength last year - assuming exciting means winning games and not having highlight footage. If we get a guy at #5 it better be a guy who helps the team win games and TR isn't gonna do that so draft a different guy or drop down.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 22, 2012, 08:03:57 AM

I wish them all the failure in the world they're gonna get.

Spoken like a true fan...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#35 : March 22, 2012, 08:51:25 AM

Exactly.

Over the last few months there has been thread after thread and post after post debating which of these three is the right pick and how much the other two would be awful choices at #5. The fact is...whether its Claiborne, TR, Blackmon...or maybe even Kalil...all 3(or 4) if drafted will instantly make their respected positions on the team an instant strength...and thats exciting.

Well not really. Richardson being a strength is only a bit more exciting than making punter and kicker a team strength last year - assuming exciting means winning games and not having highlight footage. If we get a guy at #5 it better be a guy who helps the team win games and TR isn't gonna do that so draft a different guy or drop down.

You're a **CENSORED**ing idiot.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 22, 2012, 09:04:46 AM

How does Barber coming back for one more year affect our desperate need at CB. Ronde is NOT a #1 or #2 CB. He is a nickel back and it'll be questionable in my mind if he'll be our best NB. The signing of wright helped and even if Talib is back this year it's his last year in contract. Barber will be gone next year and likely Talib as well. It would be extremely short sighted to think we're set and can leave one of the best CB prospects in recent years on the board because ronde is going to play nickel back one more year.

If Ronde was still a starting caliber CB you could make the argument that you can address this need til next year. He isn't and we can't.

Draft Claiborne, don't be stupid.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 22, 2012, 09:13:49 AM

Exactly.

I'm very much against drafting Richardson. Not because he isn't a great player, the guy is a beast, but because I think we need more help at other positions like CB or OT. Blount did not have a great year, he did not get a whole lot of blocking and still averaged 4.2 a carry. That is amazing considering the state of our offense. It's also amazing the number of times he got less than 15 carries. In my mind Claiborne would help our defense more than Richardson would help our offense and that is my basis for us passing on him. If Claiborne is off the board, especially now after we signed another OT, looks like it'll be Richardson all the way and i'm not to upset about that.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 22, 2012, 09:16:54 AM

How does Barber coming back for one more year affect our desperate need at CB. Ronde is NOT a #1 or #2 CB. He is a nickel back and it'll be questionable in my mind if he'll be our best NB. The signing of wright helped and even if Talib is back this year it's his last year in contract. Barber will be gone next year and likely Talib as well. It would be extremely short sighted to think we're set and can leave one of the best CB prospects in recent years on the board because ronde is going to play nickel back one more year.

If Ronde was still a starting caliber CB you could make the argument that you can address this need til next year. He isn't and we can't.

Draft Claiborne, don't be stupid.
but we are talking about a guy who said he would have drafted Freeman #1 over Stafford.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 22, 2012, 09:17:00 AM

Just my opinion, but I think they gave Ronde some assurance that they won't be drafting Claiborne. EJ Biggers, Myron Lewis and Gaitor aren't exactly Revis, Champ Bailey and Joe Haden, but they're still really young and I'm sure that Schiano and his staff is going to atleast see what they have in them. If we see one or two of them cut then the chances become higher that we're drafting Claiborne. But with Talib, Wright, Ronde, Biggers, Lewis and Gaitor on the roster I think CB isn't nearly as big as an issue as RB and LB. Those are our two most glaring needs by far. I mean we have 6 CB's already on roster....but literally only 1 RB and he's only got a year left on his contract if I'm not mistaken? And we have only one LBer on roster who even showed decent play and that was only for a few games at the beginning of the year. Dekoda Watson has shown potential but he's honestly looked more like a DE, or an OLB in a 3-4 scheme. Quincy Black looked like one of the worst linebackers I have ever seen last year, and Adam Hayward is pretty much strictly a special teams player unless there's a few injuries and he absolutely needs to be out there. Hell, even DL might be a bigger need than CB at this point. We have two of the most fragile guys in the league playing out there for us and two guys who are barely even in the league in Roy Miller and Frank Okam backing them up. Safety is even a bigger need after Grimm had season ending injuries two years in a row, and Tanard is one bong hit away from being banned from the NFL for life. You guys just need to realize that Talib was playing injured for most of the year, and Biggers was routinely put on the #1 receiver. This year he'll be on the other team's #3 receiver at best, and he should be back to playing good football doing that. It also didn't help that we played pretty much every top passing team in the league with some of the best receivers in the league (Calvin, Roddy and Julio twice, Reggie Wayne, Garcon, Drew Brees to everyone twice, Andre Johnson, Aaron Rodgers to everyone, Steve Smith twice, Dez, Miles Austin).

And to those saying that Trent Richardson is no AP.....I think you never really saw the guy play besides the National Championship and some YouTube highlights. The guy is straight up one of the best, most complete RB's I've ever seen in my life. He's going to be a top 3 RB in the NFL and a perennial Pro-Bowler. AP is the only back in recent memory that you can even COMPARE Trent to. And if you posters knew the type of leader and person he is, you'd want him part of this team even more. Another RB like him probably isn't going to come around for a long time, and if they do then hopefully we're not picking this high in the draft again in 5-10 years to pick him.

+1000

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 22, 2012, 09:28:43 AM

Exactly.

Well, not really.

Trust me, if you look back to numerous threads you will see I have been against picking TR over Claiborne or Blackmon...and I still think that Claiborne or Blackmon may be better suited to bring an instant impact than TR...but that doesnt mean that I dont think TR will not have more of an impact or bring more excitement than a "punter and kicker"...c'mon man.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 22, 2012, 09:54:10 AM

The Barber signing will probably have no effect on whether the team drafts Claiborne or not. If he's there, he's just as likely to be drafted today as he was yesterday. Talib's situation would have a greater affect on the decision than Barber.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#42 : March 22, 2012, 09:59:04 AM

Option 1a) Trade Down
Option 1b) Draft Claiborne
Option 1c) Draft Richardson

1. Trade down
2. Draft Kalil
3. Draft Claiborne
4. Richardson, Blackmon, or whatever

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 22, 2012, 10:12:27 AM

Even if the Bucs draft Claiborne, he's still going to be bombed on by Cam, Ryan, and Brees. So what is the point? Their LINE needs to get penetration, that's all there is to it. I don't care if they have Champ B in his prime back there, if the opposition's QB can just sit in the pocket comfortably, it's over with anyway.

I think Claiborne is "ok," but he's not proven enough to sell me on being able to stop anything the highpowered offenses of the NFC south can produce. Depending on how his personal "pro day" goes, TR should be the pick. If not, I'd like them to take Kalil and solidify the line for years to come.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#44 : March 22, 2012, 10:20:20 AM

Even if the Bucs draft Claiborne, he's still going to be bombed on by Cam, Ryan, and Brees. So what is the point? Their LINE needs to get penetration, that's all there is to it. I don't care if they have Champ B in his prime back there, if the opposition's QB can just sit in the pocket comfortably, it's over with anyway.

I think Claiborne is "ok," but he's not proven enough to sell me on being able to stop anything the highpowered offenses of the NFC south can produce. Depending on how his personal "pro day" goes, TR should be the pick. If not, I'd like them to take Kalil and solidify the line for years to come.

This is not a reason to pass on drafting a good CB, because he can't single handedly stop high powered offenses? I'm thinking the Bucs defense is going to put CB's on the field anyways, and actually the high powered offenses are making CB's more valuable, not less.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne might be less likely to be taken by the Bucs. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools