Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne might be less likely to be taken by the Bucs. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#60 : March 22, 2012, 01:01:06 PM

Claiborne drives right through his tackles. Definitely good coaching there, and a willingness to do so.  He is no softy cornerback.  He and Ronde would get along great.  Ronde could teach him a thing or two, and Claiborne has the toughness Talib doesn't.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#61 : March 22, 2012, 01:23:59 PM

Definitely a ball hawk and good tackler.

About the only thing that highlight film shows is that he does attack the ball at the highest point which is nice and he has good ball awareness. It also shows me that those QB's are guys who make really, really awful decisions too because those throws shouldn't have been made.

You read the breakdowns like this: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=41019 and you see a lot things tlaking about proper techniques he already has and it isn't just about physical tools like it is for so many guys.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#62 : March 22, 2012, 01:31:33 PM

I saw a lot of tbad throws in the highlight reel too...   he'll make them pay.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

smithcar

Starter

#63 : March 22, 2012, 01:35:27 PM

I don't know that we can lose drafting at 5, we are going to have a choice between, Claiborne, Richardson, Blackmon and maybe Kalil.  All of these guys are definate upgrades to what we have, Blackmon not as much anymore but still great for the future.  Having Ronde back is a one year fix and I am not convinced he is much of a fix anymore although he will be a great mentor to Claiborne and Wright.  We can take Claiborne and not have to worry about DB for a couple years potentially, We can take Richardson and be set at RB for a couple years, or we can take Kalil if he falls and not worry about T for a couple years all are needs.  We are going to get one of these three guys, I think we are going to be significantly better because one of these guys will be on our team.  I am not opposed to trading back but we better get another second round pick at the very least otherwise just take our pick and be happy with it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#64 : March 22, 2012, 01:46:41 PM

Definitely a ball hawk and good tackler.

About the only thing that highlight film shows is that he does attack the ball at the highest point which is nice and he has good ball awareness. It also shows me that those QB's are guys who make really, really awful decisions too because those throws shouldn't have been made.

You read the breakdowns like this: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=41019 and you see a lot things tlaking about proper techniques he already has and it isn't just about physical tools like it is for so many guys.
The thing is, that is what you WANT your CB to do. Make QBs pay for throwing I'll advised passes his way. He also has a knack for seeing the ball and placing his body into a receivers position, rather than the defenders. Me like!

The tackling is what I really think sells his stock. Just a good playmaker, and not afraid to drill.

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#65 : March 22, 2012, 03:01:26 PM

I don't think a 37 year old corner should sway them from drafting Claiborne if that's who they want. Richardson could very well be the pick but ronde shouldn't be the only reason why especially with the possibility of talib not being available.

And what if TAlib is indeed found innocent?

Super Selmon

Starter
#66 : March 22, 2012, 04:35:13 PM

Morris Claiborne - DB - Player
LSU CB Morris Claiborne will undergo surgery Friday to repair a torn ligament in his left wrist.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

youngone

Hall of Famer
#67 : March 22, 2012, 04:38:45 PM

I don't think a 37 year old corner should sway them from drafting Claiborne if that's who they want. Richardson could very well be the pick but ronde shouldn't be the only reason why especially with the possibility of talib not being available.

And what if TAlib is indeed found innocent?
Then draft Claiborne anyways if he is your guy. If not get Richardson.I wouldn't complain either way
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Claiborne might be less likely to be taken by the Bucs. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools