Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Forte rumors starting to float around with Bush signing « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 22, 2012, 07:34:03 PM

The question here is: why have the Bears screwed this guy over? He's been a good citizen from all accounts....carried the offence on his back for long stretches due to their lack of consistent passing attack....yet they won't give the guy what he deserves.....something just doesn't add up here.

Maybe they just wanna "rent" him until they can't afford him then hand him off to the highest bidder?

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#31 : March 22, 2012, 07:35:46 PM

Dominik is still at the kids table.
He probably thought you needed some company
I'm an idiot fan. He is a buffoon posing as an NFL GM.
Who you are demonstrates your opinion's worth

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 22, 2012, 07:42:59 PM

I love how the Bucs sign a few free agents and suddenly people think Mark Dominik and the Bucs would have the cajones to pull off a trade like this.

Only big boy teams like Eagles, Jets and Patriots have GMs who could pull off a move like this. Dominik is still at the kids table.

"Big boy teams?"

Give me a break. 

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 22, 2012, 09:04:00 PM

For me, it would take more than swapping 1's just for Forte. I would swap 1's and also have the Bears throw in next years 1 or this years 2nd and 3rd or just this years 2nd. Bears would be moving up 14 spots and no way is it only worth swapping of 1's and Forte.

PewterBlitz

Starter

#34 : March 22, 2012, 09:12:02 PM

Would not be ok with swappings firsts

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 22, 2012, 09:13:16 PM

For me, it would take more than swapping 1's just for Forte. I would swap 1's and also have the Bears throw in next years 1 or this years 2nd and 3rd or just this years 2nd. Bears would be moving up 14 spots and no way is it only worth swapping of 1's and Forte.

Ummm, I think the Bears would see it wildly differently than that. There is no way they swap + picks AND toss Forte to us.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 22, 2012, 09:14:14 PM

From Bob:

8:39PMest:3/22/12:**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Sources: Matt Forte is obviously unhappy with situation in Chicago -n- now 3 teams have emerged in "Exploratory" trade talks. Cleveland Browns have made contact with the Bears & are showing interest in the *Pro Bowl RB* (Forte), my source is saying interest is real high at this point. Also Patriots & Bucs have called about Matt today (Pats are willing to give up 2nd but not a 1st) - Bucs interest is not as much at this point, Tampa source is stating the call was just to see if Forte is available (Could get more involved later in the week) Bears are not asking for picks or players yet, but that could change before the week is over. In closing the Jets are not interested!

http://gamblersfinalword.blogspot.com/p/bettors-edge-report_06.html

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

yungbull

Starter
#37 : March 22, 2012, 09:15:41 PM

From @incarceratedbob

8:39PMest:3/22/12:**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Sources: Matt Forte is obviously unhappy with situation in Chicago -n- now 3 teams have emerged in "Exploratory" trade talks. Cleveland Browns have made contact with the Bears & are showing interest in the *Pro Bowl RB* (Forte), my source is saying interest is real high at this point. Also Patriots & Bucs have called about Matt today (Pats are willing to give up 2nd but not a 1st) - Bucs interest is not as much at this point, Tampa source is stating the call was just to see if Forte is available (Could get more involved later in the week) Bears are not asking for picks or players yet, but that could change before the week is over. In closing the Jets are not interested!

I know this guy is a head case, but he seems to have some solid inside info.  And If the Browns really are interested but don't succeed in getting Forte, does that mean they'll draft Trent at #4???

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 22, 2012, 09:17:55 PM

I wish PR would make a sticky that says "BREAKING: If you believe anything IncarceratedBob says, you are an idiot".

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 22, 2012, 09:18:44 PM

If they get Forte, the Browns will get Blackmon.

JayAuggs

Pro Bowler
#40 : March 22, 2012, 09:20:48 PM

I wish PR would make a sticky that says "BREAKING: If you believe anything IncarceratedBob says, you are an idiot".

He's gotta have some imagination to make up what you're seeing above....Not saying you aren't right, but I mean, cmon.  it takes a pretty smart mind to consistently make this stuff up and be right A LOT. 

That said, it may also be wishful thinking by me bc if we get Forte, I'll be happy, and if the Browns get him, I'll also still be happy.  That should guarantee us one of Claiborne or Richardson

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 22, 2012, 09:22:54 PM

From @incarceratedbob

I know this guy is a head case, but he seems to have some solid inside info.  And If the Browns really are interested but don't succeed in getting Forte, does that mean they'll draft Trent at #4???
They are already planning on drafting TR at 4. I've been saying this since the season ended. Holgrem loves him some legit #1 backs with playmaking ability.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#42 : March 22, 2012, 09:31:40 PM

I assume the pursuit of Forte will go something like this:

Can't help it.... I LOL'd

yungbull

Starter
#43 : March 22, 2012, 09:32:51 PM

He's gotta have some imagination to make up what you're seeing above....Not saying you aren't right, but I mean, cmon.  it takes a pretty smart mind to consistently make this stuff up and be right A LOT. 

That said, it may also be wishful thinking by me bc if we get Forte, I'll be happy, and if the Browns get him, I'll also still be happy.  That should guarantee us one of Claiborne or Richardson

They wouldn't because its not the case.  Most of us are capable of judging bs from an intriguing story that seems legit.  I'm sure he stirs things up often by completely lying, but this guy has been on target for a few stories this week.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#44 : March 22, 2012, 09:33:33 PM

Don't forget we'd have to sign him to a new contract.

Does anyone know how much cap space we have after the recent transactions?

I've heard about 16 million. Tho are rondes details out yet?

Go Bucs
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Forte rumors starting to float around with Bush signing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools