Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Forte rumors starting to float around with Bush signing « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#90 : March 23, 2012, 07:29:33 PM

So the latest rumor is 5 teams have enquired about Jonathon Stewart (Panthers) with one of them being Cleveland (again).....so is it fair to say that Cleveland is hard up for a RB and likely will get one pre-draft?

7:22PMest:3/23/12:**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Sources: We have 5 teams that have called about Jonathan Stewart (RB - Panthers) the most interested teams so far are the Broncos (Offering 3rd & another later pick) & now the Browns, who jumped in the past 24hours.. Cleveland also has interest in Forte but the price is still a little high so they are giving themselves multiple options at this point. The other 3 teams are - Giants / Patriots / Steelers (Pittsburgh loves him) but are being held hostage by the Wallace contract talks.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#91 : March 23, 2012, 07:31:25 PM

I wouldn't mind Kalil but do you guys think the Vikings will pass him up?

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#92 : March 23, 2012, 07:36:10 PM

I wouldn't. lt is their biggest need. But Claiborne would be a good pick too.

Go Bucs

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#93 : March 23, 2012, 07:37:33 PM

I think Forte is not in play. Barber was on his last legs and it isnt like Forte is a pillar of health either. Bush was a great signing but have no doubt, Forte isnt going anywhere. I also wouldn't read into this as the Bucs wanting to spend a 1st rounder on Trent Richardson. You don't spend a top five pick on a player who will be on the field half of the time. The pick will be either Claiborne, Kalil, or Kuechly (my personal pick). 2nd round will be a RB....hopefully LJ.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#94 : March 23, 2012, 08:15:49 PM

Bush got a back up contract. Forte isn't going anywhere.

Draft Aaron Donald

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#95 : March 23, 2012, 09:15:46 PM

While I'm a huge fan of Forte's overall game, there is a lot of wear on those tires. A few years ago, I'd have grabbed him in a hearbeat, but not a good fit now...

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#96 : March 23, 2012, 09:17:03 PM

It is possible, so Kalil would be sweet.  8)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#97 : March 23, 2012, 09:31:34 PM

If we were so lucky to have Kalil fall to us he would have to be the pick without question. Not only would he be such a huge upgrade over Trueblood at RT, but we would have an amazing O-line locked up for the next 4 years. You can debate whether we'd need to eventually move him to LT and trade Penn or whatever, but the bottom line is that as the #5 pick he would make less than Trueblood is and we'd have a stellar O-line for the next four years....and eventually Kalil probably moves to LT and plays there for a decade.

Draft Aaron Donald

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#98 : March 24, 2012, 10:53:32 AM

While I'm a huge fan of Forte's overall game, there is a lot of wear on those tires. A few years ago, I'd have grabbed him in a hearbeat, but not a good fit now...

Forte would make this offense elite. To do that for 2 seasons or more (make playoffs, possible SB) and it only cost a first rounder? Pfft, I'm game.

..I think we did something similar to that with another guy several seasons ago? I'm not so sure it worked out though ;). Anyway, he was a good coach.

Seriously though, at this point I believe it's Forte, Stewart, or TR. Pick your poison.

Schi doesn't give two-sh^ts and a rat's ass about Blount imo (he didn't bring him in), and he wants a rungame that needs a stable. Blount's talented, no doubt, but the guy cannot do all the things Schiano will ask of him. 30+ touches per game during the course of a whole season will leave us with ...Madu.

You bring in Forte, Stew, or TR and both Blount and whoever will last longer as a bonus.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Forte rumors starting to float around with Bush signing « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools