Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we get Raheem back to help us scout the draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

: March 22, 2012, 06:18:49 PM

Say what you will about his coaching ability or lack of, the guy has an eye for talent.

Free, Clayborn, Williams, Benn, Blount(late grab), Foster, Mack, Bowers.

Schiano can recruit college players and apparently NFL free agents but how will he fare in the draft. Butch Davis should be kept out of the draft room for past questionable picks.

As for this years draft, our 1st pick at #5 should be an easy decision but it's our 2nd pick that has me intrigued.

Does Schiano and Co. pick based on need or bpa?

As much as I like Richardson, this draft is rb rich and I hope our 2nd pick is a rb.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 22, 2012, 06:32:10 PM

Say what you will about his coaching ability or lack of, the guy has an eye for talent.

Schiano can recruit college players and apparently NFL free agents but how will he fare in the draft. Butch Davis should be kept out of the draft room for past questionable picks.

As for this years draft, our 1st pick at #5 should be an easy decision but it's our 2nd pick that has me intrigued.

As much as I like Richardson, this draft is rb rich and I hope our 2nd pick is a rb.

Why does he get the credit?  I am sure he was involved but the credit should go to Hickey, scouts. MD and then Morris

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 22, 2012, 06:33:18 PM

Thinking about it our, third round picks have been terrible save Mason Foster.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 22, 2012, 06:36:50 PM

Why does he get the credit?  I am sure he was involved but the credit should go to Hickey, scouts. MD and then Morris
For Freeman? Not for Benn or Bowers.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 22, 2012, 06:37:55 PM

Some funny stuff here.

yungbull

Starter
#5 : March 22, 2012, 06:38:10 PM

I agree he does have a good eye for talent, but you also have to give most of the credit to the scouting department. 

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#6 : March 22, 2012, 06:55:15 PM

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 22, 2012, 07:00:12 PM

I agree he does have a good eye for talent, but you also have to give most of the credit to the scouting department.
??
Yes the scouting players is a team effort but the HC still has final say.

Every teams scouting dept had Bowers ranked high but passed on his medical issues. Rah could have just as well passed on him and no one would have argued against it. Bowers played the run and pass well last yr despite poor coaching.

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : March 22, 2012, 07:04:40 PM

??

Every teams scouting dept had Bowers ranked high but passed on his medical issues. Rah could have just as well passed on him and no one would have argued against it. Bowers played the run and pass well last yr despite poor coaching.

Actually the GM has final say. 

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 22, 2012, 07:15:18 PM

??

Actually the GM has final say.
I can think of a few coaches who pull rank over the GM as far as drafting.

see Freeman - Rah

yungbull

Starter
#10 : March 22, 2012, 07:19:42 PM

??

Everybody knew Bowers had talent, that wasn't an issue.  But was he worth the risk is what teams were asking.  How do you know Rah had the final decision??

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#11 : March 22, 2012, 07:22:06 PM

This is a GREAT idea!!! I'm sure Raheem will have our best interests at heart...

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 22, 2012, 07:23:27 PM

Coach Morris did not have the final say on personnel during his tenure.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 22, 2012, 07:27:56 PM

??

Everybody knew Bowers had talent, that wasn't an issue.  But was he worth the risk is what teams were asking.  How do you know Rah had the final decision??
I don't know that Rah had the final say but there is a draft board with position rankings and he could have just as well voted for bpa at MLB over Freeman.
Same with any player.

I wouldn't say Rah had the final say in a 'authoritarian' type of way but his, like any other coaches vote, holds the most weight.

That's why Parcells couldn't work with Jones in Dallas.

yungbull

Starter
#14 : March 22, 2012, 07:28:28 PM

Coach Morris did not have the final say on personnel during his tenure.

+1  That should end that discussion.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can we get Raheem back to help us scout the draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools