Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With every day that passes, Curtis Lofton’s price drops « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #45 : March 23, 2012, 07:07:55 PM »

After reading 3rdStringKickers analysis of Lofton's play, I'm not really sure he's the guy we really need in the middle of the defense anymore than Ruud was. While Lofton is a leader and a good locker room guy, there is a reason that Atlanta let him try the market and then signed a middle linebacker that was out of football for a year as their replacement.

I'm starting to get on the Kuechly bandwagon, not as our 1st choice (yet) but maybe as our backup choice. Assuming the draft went Luck/RG3/Kalil/Claiborne and it certainly could, and also assuming that we couldn't trade down with someone like Miami, I think Kuechly would be my pick even if it seems a bit early. And if Talib beats his trial and is available for next season, I might want Kuechly over Claiborne and then go after a corner in the 2nd (and maybe even the 4th/5th).

The more I read about Lofton, the less I want him. And the more I read about Kuechly, the more I think this guy will be a force in the middle of someone's defense.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

« #46 : March 23, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »

Aaron Wilson ‏ @RavensInsider 
Jameel mcclain's three-yr ravens deal is worth 10.5 million per a league source

Wow. Prices for LBs are dropping!

Erin Henderson is also reportedly only signed a 2 mil 1 year dea!l.

Well mcclain was a back up..he should be pumped to make 3 mil a year most lbs would be let alone a back up

He's NOT a backup.

No? He's not ray lewis's back up? Tho I guess they run the 3-4 and start 2 mlbs. Tho I thought he was.
hmm
« : March 23, 2012, 07:13:46 PM DEBUCSOWN »

Go Bucs

buchead

Hall of Famer

« #47 : March 23, 2012, 07:32:06 PM »

Quincy ran the the fastest time for LB 's  at the 2007 combine. 4.42  that's not slow. He was tops in the vertical at 41.5 , tops in the broad jump at 10 4
3rd in the 3 cone 6.86 and 1st in the 60 yard shuttle 11,23. To bad he sucks as a football player. He got that money because he could be great He just doesn't want to be.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers#year=2007&workout=FORTY_YARD_DASH&position=LB

It doesn't do much good to have a fast body if you have a slow mind.
You can literally see him thinking before he finally decides to react.

DOWN! SET! HUT! ..... "Uhhhh... Oh pass pass". Back pedal back pedal, spin around clumsily  and.... “damn. My bad."
DOWN! SET! HUT! ..... "Uhhhh... Oh run run run!" Step forward and bounce around. "Move lineman. I cant see sh!t. Were he@? Who got that ball mane? ... Aw sh!t shawty. My bad yall".
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With every day that passes, Curtis Lofton’s price drops « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools