Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Network tells Warren Sapp hes an analyst, not a reporter « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yungbull

Starter
: March 23, 2012, 11:52:36 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/23/nfl-network-tells-warren-sapp-hes-an-analyst-not-a-reporter/

Warren Sapps on-air claim that Jeremy Shockey was the snitch who informed the league office about the Saints bounty program has earned him a talking-to from his NFL Network bosses.

In a statement to PFT, NFL Network Senior Vice President of Programming and Production Mark Quenzel said the matter has been addressed with Sapp.

We have discussed it with Warren and stressed that he is an analyst and not a reporter for NFL Network, Quenzel said. In the future, if he comes across something he thinks is news he will let his producers know and before it is reported or Tweeted, that content will be subject to the same verification procedure that our reporters follow.

Sapp did not name his source for the information about Shockey, which he first posted on Twitter and then reiterated on NFL Network. He said on the air that he had not asked the league office if his source was correct. Shockey has denied that he informed the league office and posted on Twitter what appeared to be a text message from Saints coach Sean Payton absolving Shockey of having anything to do with getting Payton in trouble. Shockey also said he wants the NFL to come down hard on Sapp, saying Sapp should lose his job or at least be suspended or fined.

Seems like Sapp got off easy for now.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 23, 2012, 11:55:03 AM

Wait what, he also said it on air?

I only thought this was on twitter.

yungbull

Starter
#2 : March 23, 2012, 11:58:42 AM

Nope, he went on air not long after and repeated it.

graypilgrim

Starter

#3 : March 23, 2012, 11:59:43 AM

We should be careful about everything we re-tell, especially if it involves another person. This applies to life. How many of us have been a victim of innuendo or outright lies told by someone who either has an agenda or is looking to appear important? How much hurt and despair have we sown by thoughtlessly repeating gossip through the years?  Sapp would be livid and ready to explode if the shoe were on the other foot and he was the target of reckless conversation. As my mother used to say "keep your words sweet, you never know when you may have to eat them". A lesson we all should learn from and remember.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 23, 2012, 12:01:55 PM

We should be careful about everything we re-tell, especially if it involves another person. This applies to life. How many of us have been a victim of innuendo or outright lies told by someone who either has an agenda or is looking to appear important? How much hurt and despair have we sown by thoughtlessly repeating gossip through the years?  Sapp would be livid and ready to explode if the shoe were on the other foot and he was the target of reckless conversation. As my mother used to say "keep your words sweet, you never know when you may have to eat them". A lesson we all should learn from and remember.
Gooood post. But I still tell people off erroneously from time to time. Rarely.

graypilgrim

Starter

#5 : March 23, 2012, 12:08:03 PM

We are all human, we just to continue to try. BTW - I was speaking from personal experience - both sides. I was a reaper and a sower of discontent and hate.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#6 : March 23, 2012, 12:12:16 PM

I was a reaper and a sower of discontent and hate.

I find that difficult to believe from a sweetheart like you.

bamabucs

Starter

#7 : March 23, 2012, 12:37:51 PM

I am surprised Warren's ass hasn't been fired yet. May its because his presence makes the shows more lively.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 23, 2012, 01:48:38 PM

Nope, he went on air not long after and repeated it.
On the NFLs network at that. Its probably just as big of a mistake by the league for having it show cased on air like it was.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 23, 2012, 01:53:20 PM

It's not Warrens fault that after he tweets in his own personal time they called him and put him on air.
Wouldn't that be the NFL Networks problem not Warrens?
Also if he's not a "reporter" why does it matter that he gets his own personal tweets checked by the league, he's not reporting afterall so it doesn't matter.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#10 : March 23, 2012, 01:59:28 PM

Love Warren Sapp as a football player but as an analyst not so much.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : March 23, 2012, 04:05:20 PM

Hmmm.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : March 23, 2012, 04:06:33 PM

It's not Warrens fault that after he tweets in his own personal time they called him and put him on air.
Wouldn't that be the NFL Networks problem not Warrens?
Also if he's not a "reporter" why does it matter that he gets his own personal tweets checked by the league, he's not reporting afterall so it doesn't matter.
I suspect the explanation was along the lines of - as long as you take my check you will do it my way.  That should be sufficient for just about anyone.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 23, 2012, 04:18:50 PM

Shockey meets with attorney. Signs point to lawsuit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/23/signs-currently-point-to-a-lawsuit-from-shockey/

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 23, 2012, 04:22:53 PM

This can't end well...

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Network tells Warren Sapp hes an analyst, not a reporter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools