Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 31 32 33 34

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#480 : April 26, 2012, 10:15:16 AM

3SK - You are correct there is  new formula for rookie pay. Its slotted format that is a bit convoluted to explain. But if the Bucs don't trade, and pick where they're currently scheduled to pick here is the salaries for this years rookies.

Round 1, pick 5 -$3,244,077
Round 2, pick 4 - $923,904
Round 3, pick 5 - $554,022
Round 5, pick 5 - $439,608
Round 6, pick 4 - $418,916
Round 7, pick 5 - $405,621
 Total: $5,986,077

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#481 : April 26, 2012, 10:18:52 AM

3SK - You are correct there is  new formula for rookie pay. Its slotted format that is a bit convoluted to explain. But if the Bucs don't trade, and pick where they're currently scheduled to pick here is the salaries for this years rookies.

Round 1, pick 5 -$3,244,077
Round 2, pick 4 - $923,904
Round 3, pick 5 - $554,022
Round 5, pick 5 - $439,608
Round 6, pick 4 - $418,916
Round 7, pick 5 - $405,621
 Total: $5,986,077

Thanks for sharing! That's not bad at all. (~6,000,000 total) Any idea if we can we include incentives or bonuses in those figures?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#482 : April 26, 2012, 10:26:13 AM

Those are only year one salaries, the top five picks will sign four year deals with a club option for a fifth year at the average salaries of the top five salary earners at their respective positions. Yes, teams can include incentives and or bonuses in rookie contracts. But based on what happened last year most teams just guaranteed the total amount of the deal.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

ErnieBuc

Rookie

#483 : April 26, 2012, 10:30:34 AM

This is my mock with a trade down scenario. Not sure the value of a trade back to 10, so I guess this would be a best case scenario for us.. Try not to tear me to pieces.. Haha
Let's say we trade back with the Bills. We want to address our deficiencies in the LB Corps and the secondary, but we need a compliment back for Blount. I'm not up on this year's draft like I am every other year, but I'll give it a go. Oh, is getting a 2nd + 3rd proper compensation in a trade down? If so:
1(10). Kuechly
2(36). Fleener
2(41). J. Jenkins
3(68). LMJ
3(71). Brandon Taylor
5(140). Nigel Bradham
6(174). Mike Harris (covers well, hits hard. Playmaking CB for the slot)
7(212). Joe Martinek/Chris Rainey <----- explosive return man.

I may be way off on the value of a trade down, and I'm not great with mocks, but these are the options I like.
I also like Kirkpatrick in the 1st, Martin or Hightower in the 2nd.

I really like Mike "The Hammer" Harris from FSU, as he's been a hard-hitting, solid tackling playmaker for the Noles, and I think he may be a little underrated. He might be a good option to groom in the slot, behind one of the greatest tackling CB's to stalk the field.

The Freeman

Starter

#484 : April 26, 2012, 08:34:21 PM

1. LB Luke Kuechly
2. OT Matt Kalil
3. SS Mark Barron
4. CB Stephon Gilmore
5. CB Morris Claiborne

1. RB Doug Martin
2. DT Michael Brockers
3. RB David Wilson
4. OLB Lavonte David
5. OLB Ronnell Lewis

1. DB Trumaine Johnson
2. LB Mychal Kendricks
3. RB Robert Turbin
4. G/T Brandon Brooks
5. G/T Kelechi Osemele

1. CB Josh Norman
2. CB Omar Bolden
3. NT Alameda Ta'amu
4. LB Emmanuel Acho
5. OT Andrew Datko

1. CB Donnie Fletcher
2. DB Justin Bethel
3. CB Ryan Steed
4. RB Michael Smith
5. OT Dennis Kelly

1. RB/FB Joe Martinek
2. OT Levy Ad**CENSORED**
3. OT Josh Oglesby
4. OG Rokevious Watkins
5. OG Desmond Wynn

udfa:
RB Bryce Brown
TE Adrien Robinson
OL Joe Long
C Scott Wedige
OLB Sammy Brown
MLB Korey Williams
LB/SS Emmanuel Lamur
SS Lance Mitchell
DB Neiko Thorpe
CB Travaun Nixon

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#485 : April 27, 2012, 09:24:52 PM

Bump*

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#486 : April 27, 2012, 09:30:29 PM

Trade down with the Dolphins: pick up a 2nd and 3rd(Bears' 3rd).

1st. Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College
2a. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
2b. Doug Martin RB, Boise State
3a. Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska
3b. LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
4 N/A
5. Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State
6. Cliff Harris, CB/PR, Oregon
7. Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State

Without a trade down:

1st. Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College
2. Doug Martin RB, Boise State
3. Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska
4 N/A
5. Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State
6. Cliff Harris, CB/PR, Oregon
7. Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State

How is everyone doing in comparison?

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anyt

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#487 : April 28, 2012, 01:38:52 AM

JDouble

#27 - RB Doug Martin
#36 - LB Lavonte David

#48 - CB Brandon Boykin
#51 - OT - Kelechi Osemele
#68  - DT - Mike Martin

#140 - CB/S Josh Norman
#174 - RB/FB - Joe Martenik
#212 - CB/S - Donnie Fletcher

I'm bout same as you. Amazingly Brandon Boykin is still available, but we don't have another pick for 45 picks....so it doesn't look like we'll be getting him....unless Dom trades next year's 3rd to get back into the 4th! Kelechi Osemele and Mike Martin are already gone, but Norman, Fletcher, and Martinek are still decent possibilities.
: April 28, 2012, 01:40:35 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#488 : April 28, 2012, 08:14:34 AM

No more trading up. We got the threes studs we need at the 3 positions we need. Now just sit back and let the rest of the draft come to us. Plenty of good Corners to be had in round 5 - maybe not starters , but better depth than Myron Lewis.

Coryell Judie in the 5th would be nice.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#489 : April 28, 2012, 09:19:03 AM

I still like a few corners, but I don't see any that come close to Boykin. I'm as shocked to see Boykin available in the 4th as I was to see David available so late in the 2nd. Also, amazed to see Ronnel Lewis still on the board.

*Edit: Pretty surprised to see Chase Minnifield still available too. This guy was considered a top 5 CB expected to go early in the 2nd round just a few months ago. He got hurt, at the Senior Bowl I think, and hasn't been able to do much this off season and his stock sank like a rock. Could be the steal of the draft if he made it to the 5th.
: April 28, 2012, 09:22:48 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

Broke.Phi.Broke

Starter

#490 : April 28, 2012, 12:04:33 PM

Yeah there's still a few good CB's, I hope we pick one up, even if it's Alfonzo Dennard.  Also, Joe Martenik needs to get picked up in the 6th or 7th.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#491 : April 28, 2012, 01:34:12 PM

Love to have Martinek, Dennard, Minnifield and Ronnel on our squad.

The quest for .500 begins...

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#492 : April 28, 2012, 06:31:27 PM

3SK!!!Good call bro!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#493 : April 28, 2012, 06:38:00 PM

My mock with no trades.

1) Trent Richardson RB
2) Bobby Wagner LB
3) Alfonzo Dennard CB
5) Omar Bolden CB
6) Najee Goode LB
7) James Hanna TE/FB

My mock with a trade with Buf, they've grown tired of McKelvin and have 2 4th round picks this year. I believe this is the kind of deal that would get Dom and companies attention. So this trade would move us down to #10 while also picking up picks #105 and #124 and adding a former 1st rd pick in CB Leodis McKelvin.http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4682/player?r=1

10) Luke Kuechly LB
36) David Wilson RB
68) Josh Norman CB
105) Demario Davis LB
124) Aaron Henry S
140) Evan Rodriguez TE
174) Michael Smith RB
212) Marcel Jones OT

UFAs
1) Jordan Jefferson QB
2) Donte Paige-Moss DE
3) Jerrell Young S
4) Jerimiah Hatch C

I got 2! Self pat on the back!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#494 : April 28, 2012, 08:13:23 PM

Quote from: 1Va bucsfan
3SK!!!Good call bro!

Love the Dunsmore pick.

Page: 1 ... 31 32 33 34
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools