Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He's Baaaaaack! The Official PGA Golf Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#240 : July 21, 2013, 12:12:37 AM

Is he grouped with Scott tomorrow? Steve on the bag?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#241 : July 21, 2013, 12:15:05 AM

I believe he is

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#242 : July 21, 2013, 12:32:20 AM

that should be interesting

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#243 : July 21, 2013, 08:04:15 AM

Is he grouped with Scott tomorrow? Steve on the bag?
Very interesting pick up there - I thought that this a.m. when I first tuned in.

I wonder if that'll have any sort of effect on TW.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#244 : July 21, 2013, 08:07:51 AM

Looked windy as hell there.   One minute a guy is a couple shots below par.   Then before you can blink an eye, he is 2 over.

One of the golfers, I don't recall who it was, said the 18th hole was a joke.  They should have installed a windmill and a clowns face there.
Poulter said it. He's a little more liberal with his comments when it comes to his home country's Open. He uses Twitter more than any other golfer that I know.

Martin Laird took a "9" on a hole yesterday to pretty much take him out of it. Two unplayable lies, a hack shot that went nowhere, then I two-putt, I believe.

At any time, the leaders can hit a wayward shot that gets into the tall grass (hay) and that could be the end of the Open for them.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#245 : July 21, 2013, 12:12:20 PM

Tiger is choking it up.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#246 : July 21, 2013, 12:15:57 PM

Mickelson is having an okay day... with one of the great rounds ever in the final of a major, and matching the low round of the tournament...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#247 : July 21, 2013, 12:45:33 PM

Tiger is choking it up.
He did not play well, consistent with his history when entering the final round trailing.  Doesn't make any sense - but it is the case to date.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#248 : July 21, 2013, 01:07:25 PM

What a phenomenal performance from Mickelson.  Watching the other player's reactions to Phil's round shows what a helluva round he had on Sunday.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#249 : July 21, 2013, 02:48:57 PM

Those last three holes, the 16th with the ball rolling off the green, and 17th putting a 3 metal on the green from 305 yards, and the finish on the 18th with the second shot and put - stunning.  Yea, the players showed their appreciation of Phil's play for sure. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#250 : July 21, 2013, 06:47:09 PM

Tiger is choking it up.

You're confused about what  choking consists of in sports.

Congrats to Mickelson.   Last several holes were very impressive.

Nine majors to go before he catches Tiger.  Kind of think he won't make it.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#251 : July 21, 2013, 06:59:35 PM

Tiger is choking it up.

Congrats to Mickelson.   Last several holes were very impressive.

Nine majors to go before he catches Tiger.  Kind of think he won't make it.
In Tiger's case it has become an inability to put his tee ball in the fairway, a pull shot on his approach irons, and the speed of the greens - either too fast, or too slow, dependent upon his inability to read them.  Face up to it, Tiger is a great one when in the lead.  Not so much when he has to pick up a few shots in the last round... hope for better from Woods in the PGA, but unless he can get his drive in the fairway, and get the lead prior to the 4th round there is little hope. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#252 : July 21, 2013, 07:16:09 PM

Tiger is choking it up.

He started with the leaders on Sunday, and went on to have his worst day of the tournament at +3.  That is definition of choking, champ.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#253 : July 21, 2013, 07:26:33 PM

He started with the leaders on Sunday, and went on to have his worst day of the tournament at +3.  That is definition of choking, champ.
tiger was in the lead with 20 holes to play right? 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#254 : July 21, 2013, 07:35:58 PM

tiger was in the lead with 20 holes to play right?

And they all played in the same conditions. Lefty got it done. Tiger, not so much.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He's Baaaaaack! The Official PGA Golf Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools