Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He's Baaaaaack! The Official PGA Golf Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#255 : July 21, 2013, 07:48:04 PM

I'm hesitant to put the "choker" label on a guy who holds 14 major titles already...

I think he just wasn't feeling it today...Golf is that way. Sometimes you don't got it.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#256 : July 21, 2013, 08:35:00 PM

Unfortunately it has been that way for a good while - maybe that iron to the head in the front driveway had a greater impact than what was let on...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#257 : July 21, 2013, 09:32:40 PM

Yeah , his game is just not quite right still. He can't trust his driver at all , he's prone to spray balls off the tee , and his putter is letting him down. The fact that he's still able to scrap and claw his way to contention in most tourneys despite the fact that he's simply not very confident in his game right now says something about him.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#258 : July 21, 2013, 09:33:20 PM

Unfortunately it has been that way for a good while - maybe that iron to the head in the front driveway had a greater impact than what was let on...

LOL   ^^^^

Majors are not everything.  I think Mickelson has won something like 42 PGA events.   

Mickelson earnings....42mil

Tiger               120mil

I don't think Mickelson will be applying for food stamps anytime soon.  If any pro golfer can just make the cut at every event, he can make a pretty nice living.  For instance, the guy that finished last in the British Open, but he did make the cut,  won $18,360.    Not bad for a weeks work.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#259 : July 21, 2013, 10:37:21 PM

The financial part is accurate.  But Tiger is going to be measured against Nicklaus, and to be on the winning side of that contest he will need to win the necessary majors. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#260 : August 02, 2013, 03:42:47 PM

Tiger is on fire again.

Threatening a sub-60 round.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#261 : August 02, 2013, 09:27:28 PM

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#262 : August 03, 2013, 10:37:31 PM

I don't see how he can lose, up 7 strokes going into Sunday.  But I guess anything is possible.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#263 : August 04, 2013, 05:57:40 AM

yeah, anything is possible......would make headlines in the sports world, that's for sure  - think it would be his fifth win of the season (I could be wrong).   

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#264 : August 04, 2013, 05:56:51 PM

Nice win for him, easy win.  He played it safe on Sunday, not taking any chances.   Nothing wrong with that approach, when you go into the final round up by 7 strokes.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#265 : August 04, 2013, 07:56:26 PM

last major this week: PGA Championship......wonder which TW will show up?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#266 : August 04, 2013, 08:05:37 PM

You could say that about any player really.  A week ago Mickelson was on fire, this week he was 2-3 over par or something.  Like 18 shots off the lead.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#267 : August 04, 2013, 08:40:16 PM

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#268 : August 05, 2013, 07:27:15 AM

No telling ...  He still can't trust his swing completely.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#269 : August 05, 2013, 09:50:41 AM

The financial part is accurate.  But Tiger is going to be measured against Nicklaus, and to be on the winning side of that contest he will need to win the necessary majors.

agree, think there's still time? I remember when he seemed a foregone conclusion.  Who knows, if there is time and his game were to recover, I guess the chase might be an even bigger story then it would have been
Page: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He's Baaaaaack! The Official PGA Golf Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools