Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He's Baaaaaack! The Official PGA Golf Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#45 : June 04, 2012, 11:11:01 PM

He hasn't been able to maintain consistency on Wood's standard - from round to round let alone from tournament to tournament.  On the range he can't miss - just not the confidence to take it to the course.  When and if he gets that back it will be on again.  The guy has game that no one else has ever shown imvho.

He won at Palmer's tournament, then gagged it at the Masters.  Now he has won Nicklaus's tournament - we will see what he does at Open in ten days.  He played at the Players Championship - but he didn't do well - for him.... lol.  The guy is held at a standard like no other.  Win - every time he tees it up - or he has some issue.  He is so good it is nutty in all honesty. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#46 : June 04, 2012, 11:22:19 PM

He's young.  A lot of success early on.   Crazy game, but his head (and maybe that early success) plays games with him.  We'll see if he figures it out again at US Open.  Now if he wins is the media supposed to cover it or ignore it?   I'm still confused.    :D

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#47 : June 05, 2012, 08:28:29 AM

The guy (woods) is held at a standard like no other.  Win - every time he tees it up - or he has some issue.  He is so good it is nutty in all honesty.

aint that the truth.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#48 : June 05, 2012, 08:41:33 AM

GT - doesn't it just stike you as crazy - the guy finishes in the top 10 and folks act like he missed the cut - an accomplishment others remember for the rest of their lives isn't enough, Woods must win....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#49 : June 05, 2012, 08:58:09 AM

Isn't that true for any great athlete in any sport?   They're level of expectation is higher than the rest of the field and the media puts them under a microscope.  Add in the soap opera parts of Wood's life and you start getting a tragic hero so to speak.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#50 : June 05, 2012, 09:32:21 AM

GT - doesn't it just stike you as crazy - the guy finishes in the top 10 and folks act like he missed the cut - an accomplishment others remember for the rest of their lives isn't enough, Woods must win....

yep, just the way the media works now.  its relentless. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#51 : June 05, 2012, 04:22:26 PM

All of this while making a significant swing change and getting over some major personal issues.

he's been both divorced and with foley for around 2 years now, right?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#52 : June 05, 2012, 04:38:20 PM

i think those are both weak excuses.  golf is a tough game.  there are a lot of great golfers.  consistency is very hard to obtain.  every player has issues to deal with.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#53 : June 05, 2012, 05:43:09 PM

Duval had an equilibrium issue - and his swing has been lost.  At least that is the recollection I have.

As for excuses - he is Tiger Woods.  He has the best golf mind on the planet.  Don't make excuses, he is amazing.  He is not going to win every week as so many expect, the man is human.  And some of those other guys are pretty good.  LOL

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#54 : June 09, 2012, 04:48:53 PM

Going to be a neat threesome for the open - Phil, Tiger and Master's Champion Bubba.   

-ts

Hall of Famer
#55 : June 09, 2012, 06:11:49 PM

Going to be a neat threesome for the open - Phil, Tiger and Master's Champion Bubba.
I love that pairing.

Also got number 1, 2, and 3 paired up. (Donald, McIlroy, and Westwood)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#56 : June 09, 2012, 06:19:56 PM

That Phil, Tiger and Bubba is a made for TV grouping - they will be mobbed.  Really should have separated them.  Donald, McIlroy and Westwood would be fun to follow.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#57 : June 09, 2012, 08:24:08 PM

That Phil, Tiger and Bubba is a made for TV grouping - they will be mobbed.  Really should have separated them.  Donald, McIlroy and Westwood would be fun to follow.
I agree with you, while I like the pairing as a fan, they really made it tougher on the staff and the players.

If Phil had issues focusing last week, he is going to really struggle with the amount of ppl that will be around him with phones next week. (Though I'm sure the staff will be on high alert, with a lot of warnings for the fans.)
: June 09, 2012, 08:26:10 PM -ts

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#58 : June 09, 2012, 08:29:29 PM

I agree with you, while I like the pairing as a fan, they really made it tougher on the staff and the players.
LOL - As a fan watching on the TV yea.  On the course - Tiger by himself is tough to watch consistently just bc of the mass of folks who follow him - add in Phil and Bubba - it will be something.  I would like to follow Donald, McIlroy and Westwood - especially if Rory is on - he's been having some issues...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#59 : June 09, 2012, 09:44:37 PM

LOL - As a fan watching on the TV yea.  On the course - Tiger by himself is tough to watch consistently just bc of the mass of folks who follow him - add in Phil and Bubba - it will be something.  I would like to follow Donald, McIlroy and Westwood - especially if Rory is on - he's been having some issues...

Really?  I hadn't heard.  Can't believe the media hasn' t mentioned that .....  ;D
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He's Baaaaaack! The Official PGA Golf Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools