Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He's Baaaaaack! The Official PGA Golf Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20

-ts

Hall of Famer
#60 : June 10, 2012, 12:08:05 AM

That Phil, Tiger and Bubba is a made for TV grouping - they will be mobbed.  Really should have separated them.  Donald, McIlroy and Westwood would be fun to follow.
I agree with you, while I like the pairing as a fan, they really made it tougher on the staff and the players.
LOL - As a fan watching on the TV yea.  On the course - Tiger by himself is tough to watch consistently just bc of the mass of folks who follow him - add in Phil and Bubba - it will be something.  I would like to follow Donald, McIlroy and Westwood - especially if Rory is on - he's been having some issues...
True! I only think about the TV perspective, since 99.99% of the time that is where I will be instead of at the event.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#61 : June 10, 2012, 07:51:00 AM

Have you attended a tournament in person ts? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

-ts

Hall of Famer
#62 : June 10, 2012, 10:28:46 PM

Have you attended a tournament in person ts?
I went to the Wachovia a couple times years ago, but other than that no.

I much preferred the practice rounds over the actual tournament.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#63 : June 11, 2012, 08:14:19 AM

Went to the Masters a couple of times.  First time went for all 4 days, and only attended the first three.  Second time went for the practice days and then the first two days.  That was perfect for my son and I.  Practice days/rounds let you see the guys preparation, first two rounds you don't get trampled - except for Woods' grouping. 

Should explain why we didn't stay for Sunday.  Spoke with member on Saturday.  We discussed huge increase in crowds for weekdays - he assured it would be practically impossible to move about the course on Sunday.  Given what we encountered on Saturday we drove home and watched it on television... Stunning place to ts.  Stunning. 

Agree 100% on the practice rounds for seeing the players up close. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

-ts

Hall of Famer
#64 : June 11, 2012, 12:45:05 PM

Went to the Masters a couple of times.  First time went for all 4 days, and only attended the first three.  Second time went for the practice days and then the first two days.  That was perfect for my son and I.  Practice days/rounds let you see the guys preparation, first two rounds you don't get trampled - except for Woods' grouping. 

Should explain why we didn't stay for Sunday.  Spoke with member on Saturday.  We discussed huge increase in crowds for weekdays - he assured it would be practically impossible to move about the course on Sunday.  Given what we encountered on Saturday we drove home and watched it on television... Stunning place to ts.  Stunning. 

Agree 100% on the practice rounds for seeing the players up close.
That's what I really enjoyed about the practice rounds, you get to see the preparation and a lot of the players are much friendlier and more outgoing during the practice rounds. Don't really blame them, once the bullets start flying it is tough to not get tunnel vision.

I will eventually try to make it to a lot of the big tournaments at least once apiece, but for now I am completely content getting a much better view at home from my couch. Using my cell phone as I please ;)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#65 : June 11, 2012, 05:25:31 PM

I don't recall asking M organ.  Nor was how many tournaments one had attended in person even mentioned in the conversation. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#66 : June 11, 2012, 05:40:14 PM

I bet he knows how many fans were in attendance at each event.  Probably written down in a journal.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#67 : June 11, 2012, 05:56:49 PM

I bet he knows how many fans were in attendance at each event.  Probably written down in a journal.
OMG...

I almost died. Hahahaha

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#68 : June 11, 2012, 07:17:58 PM

He does have an affinity for attendance numbers - no doubt about that Olaf ::)

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#69 : July 01, 2012, 09:36:26 PM

lol

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#70 : July 01, 2012, 09:43:12 PM

M organ - you're consistent.  When Woods is successful you are all over the board.  And when he isn't you aren't. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#71 : July 02, 2012, 06:53:51 PM

and I remain more amazed at his lob shot from behind the 15th green in 2012.  Hell, I didn't even know that option existed on that type of lie.
: July 02, 2012, 07:09:19 PM dbucfan

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#72 : July 02, 2012, 10:26:40 PM

I thought morgan disliked cheaters

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/waitress_tells_of_golfer_sex_drive_nCfMAsVkmMZ8XylL1TEWfP

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#73 : July 02, 2012, 10:27:52 PM

http://www.celebridoodle.com/.a/6a00e5536b2ba98833012877b120dc970c-pi

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#74 : July 03, 2012, 06:39:32 PM

here's the one

http://www.aussiegolfer.net/2012/04/us-masters-2012-phil-mickelsons.html

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: He's Baaaaaack! The Official PGA Golf Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools